• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft and Free Agency Question

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not surprise me if the Kings will be looking to trade Cousins. They're in that horrible 8-10 spot in the West where they don't make the playoffs and don't get a great draft pick. Plus Cousins is disrupting the team big time.

Personally i'd trade the #1 or #2 pick for him IF we manage to keep hold of him. That way the Lakers get a great big and Sacramento has a chance of a re-build. By then the line-up would look good enough for Durant to at least consider signing for us too.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not surprise me if the Kings will be looking to trade Cousins. They're in that horrible 8-10 spot in the West where they don't make the playoffs and don't get a great draft pick. Plus Cousins is disrupting the team big time.

Personally i'd trade the #1 or #2 pick for him IF we manage to keep hold of him. That way the Lakers get a great big and Sacramento has a chance of a re-build. By then the line-up would look good enough for Durant to at least consider signing for us too.

The #2 pick and Randle might be the best offer they could get for Cousins. I think that would be a win-win both ways. Lakers would have Russell, Cousins, could resign Clarkson and still have a good amount of cap room to round out the roster with solid players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #2 pick and Randle might be the best offer they could get for Cousins. I think that would be a win-win both ways. Lakers would have Russell, Cousins, could resign Clarkson and still have a good amount of cap room to round out the roster with solid players.

There's no way in hell the Lakers would trade Clarkson, Russell or Randle. The best the Kings could hope for is the #1 or #2 pick, in other words Simmons or Ingram, and some fillers like Kelly or Bass to make the salaries match.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way in hell the Lakers would trade Clarkson, Russell or Randle. The best the Kings could hope for is the #1 or #2 pick, in other words Simmons or Ingram, and some fillers like Kelly or Bass to make the salaries match.

If that were the case, Philly would be a much more attractive option. They could trade for that #1 pick straight up, and Philly has enough cap space to just absorb Cousins contract and the Kings wouldn't have to take any salary back, giving them cap space as well.

Boston will probably make a serious run at him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case, Philly would be a much more attractive option. They could trade for that #1 pick straight up, and Philly has enough cap space to just absorb Cousins contract and the Kings wouldn't have to take any salary back, giving them cap space as well.

Philly doesn't need another big. They have Okafor, Noel and Embiid (eventually)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly doesn't need another big. They have Okafor, Noel and Embiid (eventually)

The thing about the Philly "model" is that they're not interested in what fits. They're acquiring assets. I wouldn't rule them out based on who they currently have. If they could move any of them for added value, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the Philly "model" is that they're not interested in what fits. They're acquiring assets. I wouldn't rule them out based on who they currently have. If they could move any of them for added value, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Philly would much rather have Simmons or Ingram over Cousins though so trading that pick makes no sense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly would much rather have Simmons or Ingram over Cousins though so trading that pick makes no sense.

Yeah, don't mistake what I said for what will happen, I just said there are possibilities of other teams swooping in with strong offers too. I was just using Philly as an example. Boston will surely make a strong run with all the draft picks they have. They could also give back ready to go talent too.

Vivek has shown he's an impatient owner. He's made so many quick decisions that have already come back to haunt them. I wouldn't put it past him taking an offer that includes pieces that could compete right away instead of committing to a full rebuild (which is what has to happen if Cousins is dealt).

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly would have to add players as well to meet the salary requirements.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly would have to add players as well to meet the salary requirements.

Not if they have the cap space to absorb the contract. Money only has to match when both teams are over the cap.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo, my question is this. Let's say we get the #3 pick and keep it. Who in the world do we draft? This has been the least amount of college b-ball that I've ever watched in a year, but I like Skal Labissiere from Kentucky

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they have the cap space to absorb the contract. Money only has to match when both teams are over the cap.

The Lakers will be in the same boat then will all the cap space they'll have this summer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo, my question is this. Let's say we get the #3 pick and keep it. Who in the world do we draft? This has been the least amount of college b-ball that I've ever watched in a year, but I like Skal Labissiere from Kentucky

Hard to say really. The Lakers 2 biggest needs are small forward and center. The mock draft I looked at had Jaylen Brown from Cal going #3. Labissiere was #8 and was listed as the first center taken.

According to most "experts" the drop off after Simmons and Ingram is a bit steep. The Lakers might be better served to trade that pick either on it's own or in some kind of package that doesn't include Russell, Randle or Clarkson depending on what they can get in return.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers should really focus in on signing Whiteside although I doubt anything of substance will get done along those lines. Riley may jump at a top three pick, if we secure it, and say a Nick Young and other players for Whiteside, but I may be dreaming a bit too much as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jacob Poetl out of Utah, imo. Mocks have him in the 6 to 10 range but outside of Simmons I think he's fairly easily the safest player in the draft. At worst he's going to be a capable starting center, likely could be ready to play right now. His ceiling probably isn't all time worthy but I could easily see him making a couple of all star games down the road.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Poetl out of Utah, imo. Mocks have him in the 6 to 10 range but outside of Simmons I think he's fairly easily the safest player in the draft. At worst he's going to be a capable starting center, likely could be ready to play right now. His ceiling probably isn't all time worthy but I could easily see him making a couple of all star games down the road.

I was really impressed with him in the 2 games I saw when Utah played USC. The kid looked polished and had excellent footwork. He absolutely had his way with USC's bigs in both games.

He reminds me a lot of Marc Gasol, I just haven't seen enough of him to know if he has Gasol's range.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has been in Israel getting a good look at Dragan Bender. Doing his due diligence again.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has gone as high as #3 in some mock drafts I've seen.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important loss last night. 5 game difference with Phoenix and Brooklyn and I see that the Lakers are officially eliminated from the playoffs. I think they are safely in that #2 spot, so the chances are pretty good that they'll keep the pick.

I don't know what the heck we were watching last night. So much lack of ball movement which has been better as of late. Poor Ryan Kelly.