• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins vs Cowboys

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of him getting hurt, I want Romo starting for the Cowboys the next few years anyway. Before his injury, he was playing at a level slightly under Brady and ARod, and I mean slightly. With the talent around him, our offense may be the best in the league
2018, he's gonna be expensive to keep, can easily be a cap casualty.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously guys. A healthy Romo is easily top 10 in the league and most likely top 5. After like 4 Qtrs of preseason Football you are putting together scenarios where Dak is taking his job this year? We sat here all offseason talking about how much better we are with Romo, you think Dak is better than that RIGHT NOW. Heck, I'd be ecstatic if Dak is some day down the road as good as Romo

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously guys. A healthy Romo is easily top 10 in the league and most likely top 5. After like 4 Qtrs of preseason Football you are putting together scenarios where Dak is taking his job this year? We sat here all offseason talking about how much better we are with Romo, you think Dak is better than that RIGHT NOW. Heck, I'd be ecstatic if Dak is some day down the road as good as Romo
As the wind blows, and it shifts directions often in the NFL. Romo is the QB at least through 2017 baring career ending injury.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on , you had to know this was coming. The guy has been flawless. I'm hoping he gets a half vs the Hawks and 3 quarters vs the Texans. Honestly- I hope he cools his jets a bit. Twitter is crazy over the guy. I guess it's hard not to be excited, but according to his practice tape - there has been a lot of questions. In other words- he has looked like a 4rth round rookie. Now what matters is when the lights are on and he has been sensational. Regardless of many people knowing that Romo is the guy, there is a small few out there that still do not like Romo. I saw people boo Aikman and want Cunningham. I couldn't believe it, but it happened. If they booed Aikman ...............

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parcells theory holds true. Put away the anointing oil. Dak has played vanilla defenses and passed with flying colors "so far". Am I excited? Yes I am. He has the poise,confidence and many other qualities it takes to run an NFL offense. I want to see more. There is something about this kid that says winner. He just needs more experience. If romo goes down throw him in there. In closing I would like to thank whoever fell on noodle arms ankle

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we seen Dak go through his progressions? I'm not talking about when he gets out of the pocket, just plays where he has pressure and the first guy is covered. So far it seems he has done a great job of locating his primary option and delivering the ball quickly and accurately and throwing a great deep ball which is some thing I've been hoping for for a long time. But I'm trying to recall seeing him go to option #3 or 4 when in the pocket.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw it 65 yards in the air. Yes it was complete. I would like to see it more. Dak never had burners at Miss. St. As Arlington Nate said- the guy is a winner 1st. The best play I've seen him make was when he tucked it on 3rd and 20 plus vs the Rams and got us 3 points.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we seen Dak go through his progressions? I'm not talking about when he gets out of the pocket, just plays where he has pressure and the first guy is covered. So far it seems he has done a great job of locating his primary option and delivering the ball quickly and accurately and throwing a great deep ball which is some thing I've been hoping for for a long time. But I'm trying to recall seeing him go to option #3 or 4 when in the pocket.
I don't think he is going through progressions, I think they are cutting the field in half and giving him two reads to choose from. I have seen him look off the safety though and not lock on, which is also encouraging

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is going through progressions, I think they are cutting the field in half and giving him two reads to choose from. I have seen him look off the safety though and not lock on, which is also encouraging

Whether or not he is going through progressions at this point, I don't know, but I have read a few people praising Prescott for the way he controls the secondary with his eyes, so far (granted, it's only preseason and a few weeks of practice). By the sound of it, Prescott is not locking in on one man and has his eyes all over the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not he is going through progressions at this point, I don't know, but I have read a few people praising Prescott for the way he controls the secondary with his eyes, so far (granted, it's only preseason and a few weeks of practice). By the sound of it, Prescott is not locking in on one man and has his eyes all over the field.
That is good to hear. I have not gone back and re-watched the games but my recollection is the exact opposite. It's only been what, 20 passes? But it seems like he always went to the number one option on pretty much every pass and it also always seemed like he did lock in on that receiver and never really looked at other receivers. Not that either way is a problem because if your first guy is open, you throw them the ball and there is no reason to ever look at anyone else. My point was more wondering how he would do when the first option is not open. Either way, it's just kind of nit picking.