• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins vs Cowboys

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man! Prescott is lookin' awfully good out there so far, nice pick Cowboys

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the defense looked as good as Dak.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to just score a ton of points to win this year I MO.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These penalties. Clean this shit up.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another electric first half for the offense. Not bad considering EE and Tyron Smith haven't played a snap.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's premature, maybe not but if Romo gets off to a bad start, he could be in danger.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is God.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final thoughts:

To the people who will just use the "it's just the preseason" argument, consider that preseason play is very important for the development of QBs. Sure, it may not translate to season success but it doesn't hurt to play outstanding in the preseason. And if you've seen the kind of QBs not named Romo the Cowboys have rolled around here since Aikman left, Dak Prescott is a welcome sight. So far he has made the correct reads and has made NFL caliber throws on a number of occasions. He has nice touch with his screen passes, hits receivers in stride on inside routes, and can launch deep throws down the field with precision. Again, it's just a welcome sight, especially considering Romo is at the end of his career. I was really unsure about this team's future after Romo, but now there seems to be some hope.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of feel bad for Showers. It seems like he is getting thrown to the wolves. Gotta love Morris running the football. Jackson looks good as well. Defense , still a work in progress but there are some positives.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final thoughts:

To the people who will just use the "it's just the preseason" argument, consider that preseason play is very important for the development of QBs. Sure, it may not translate to season success but it doesn't hurt to play outstanding in the preseason. And if you've seen the kind of QBs not named Romo the Cowboys have rolled around here since Aikman left, Dak Prescott is a welcome sight. So far he has made the correct reads and has made NFL caliber throws on a number of occasions. He has nice touch with his screen passes, hits receivers in stride on inside routes, and can launch deep throws down the field with precision. Again, it's just a welcome sight, especially considering Romo is at the end of his career. I was really unsure about this team's future after Romo, but now there seems to be some hope.
True, but you have to remember defenses aren't game planing either. I love what we're seeing from Dak, and I'm much more comfortable with the QB situation, but I'm not buying a Dak jersey just yet. I expect to see Dak in the regular season, if we do I hope it's only mop up duty, but we all know Romo is an injury risk.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dak goes, I know it's just two games-but how he slipped as far as he did blows my mind. The guy was just a baller in school. His JR. Yr he was in the running for the Heisman for a good portion of the year. Accuracy is supposedly his knock. I'm guessing maybe height too. I watched the online scrimmage- Broaddus kept saying he hasn't thrown the ball down field much. Well he has seemed to change that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dak goes, I know it's just two games-but how he slipped as far as he did blows my mind. The guy was just a baller in school. His JR. Yr he was in the running for the Heisman for a good portion of the year. Accuracy is supposedly his knock. I'm guessing maybe height too. I watched the online scrimmage- Broaddus kept saying he hasn't thrown the ball down field much. Well he has seemed to change that.
He slipped because teams thought he was at least a year away.
Actually slipped is the wrong word, he went about where he should have.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you have to remember defenses aren't game planing either. I love what we're seeing from Dak, and I'm much more comfortable with the QB situation, but I'm not buying a Dak jersey just yet. I expect to see Dak in the regular season, if we do I hope it's only mop up duty, but we all know Romo is an injury risk.
Look at this video:

Yes, teams aren't game planning for him yet but he's doing all the little things that great QBs do well. The beautiful play action fake on his first pass. On the pass to Beasley, the Dolphins blitzed and Dak made the correct read and hit Beasley in stride for an easy first down. On the TD pass to Dez, ball is thrown into the perfect spot where only Dez can get it. Also need to give credit to the Oline and mainly Morris on that play. Morris made a hellacious block. I love AlMo already. We all know the big play with Dak to Butler but the first pass to Butler might have been my favorite by Dak. Watch as he looks off the defender and hits Butler for an easy first down. Another play he finds Lucky Whitehead after avoiding the rush and keeping his eyes downfield. On the TD run, the best part about the run was that his intention the entire time was to throw down the field and he had his eyes down the field the entire time and then made the correct decision to run. Yes, it's just preseason but Dak is doing all the little things that you want from a QB. He's doing things that just can't be taught. He makes screens look easy with beautiful touch when running screens is not an easy thing to do(See Carson Palmer pick six for proof. LOL at Scooby). The best part of all is that Dak has the perfect mentor in Tony Romo to continue to grow and improve.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slipped because teams thought he was at least a year away.
Actually slipped is the wrong word, he went about where he should have.

No way some of those Qbs should have gone before him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this video:

Yes, teams aren't game planning for him yet but he's doing all the little things that great QBs do well. The beautiful play action fake on his first pass. On the pass to Beasley, the Dolphins blitzed and Dak made the correct read and hit Beasley in stride for an easy first down. On the TD pass to Dez, ball is thrown into the perfect spot where only Dez can get it. Also need to give credit to the Oline and mainly Morris on that play. Morris made a hellacious block. I love AlMo already. We all know the big play with Dak to Butler but the first pass to Butler might have been my favorite by Dak. Watch as he looks off the defender and hits Butler for an easy first down. Another play he finds Lucky Whitehead after avoiding the rush and keeping his eyes downfield. On the TD run, the best part about the run was that his intention the entire time was to throw down the field and he had his eyes down the field the entire time and then made the correct decision to run. Yes, it's just preseason but Dak is doing all the little things that you want from a QB. He's doing things that just can't be taught. He makes screens look easy with beautiful touch when running screens is not an easy thing to do(See Carson Palmer pick six for proof. LOL at Scooby). The best part of all is that Dak has the perfect mentor in Tony Romo to continue to grow and improve.
He's been amazing, but I'm going say the same thing to I'd say to other teams fans if he was on their team. Let's see him in games that count. Be excited, but understand he has played about 4 quarters of preseason thus far.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been amazing, but I'm going say the same thing to I'd say to other teams fans if he was on their team. Let's see him in games that count. Be excited, but understand he has played about 4 quarters of preseason thus far.
I'm by no means anointing him the next big thing but what he's done can't just be dismissed because it's just the preseason. It's hasn't just been four quarters of the preseason. He's faced Miami and St. Louis's first team starters. The end results don't matter, but every team wants their first string to play well and Dak pretty much annihilated the Rams and Dolphins starters. And you can't tell me the Dolphins weren't trying because they were blitzing and trying to confuse Dak and he read every defense perfectly(except on the interception that was wiped out). Like I said above, it's the little things that Dak does that sticks out to me. Dak is doing the little things that the best QBs in football today do well.

I remember way back when the Cowboys and Packers played in 2007 and we injured Favre and Rodgers came in and played well. Right then you could see that Rodgers had "it." He did all the little things well and you just knew that guy was ready to surpass Favre. Now I'm not saying Dak is any way like Rodgers but the point is, sometimes you can just see it in players who have tremendous upside even if it's in garbage time or in a game that doesn't matter much. The little things that they do well just comes natural to them and you know when the lights are bright, they are still gonna be able to do well because it just comes natural to them. I saw it from Romo too when he had that good preseason before he surpassed Bledsoe. You could just see that things just came natural to him and eventually he was gonna be our guy. I'm not saying Dak is our guy for the future yet but I'm happy as hell with what I've seen from him so far. He has the intangibles and the skills that you look for in a franchise QB.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm by no means anointing him the next big thing but what he's done can't just be dismissed because it's just the preseason. It's hasn't just been four quarters of the preseason. He's faced Miami and St. Louis's first team starters. The end results don't matter, but every team wants their first string to play well and Dak pretty much annihilated the Rams and Dolphins starters. And you can't tell me the Dolphins weren't trying because they were blitzing and trying to confuse Dak and he read every defense perfectly(except on the interception that was wiped out). Like I said above, it's the little things that Dak does that sticks out to me. Dak is doing the little things that the best QBs in football today do well.

I remember way back when the Cowboys and Packers played in 2007 and we injured Favre and Rodgers came in and played well. Right then you could see that Rodgers had "it." He did all the little things well and you just knew that guy was ready to surpass Favre. Now I'm not saying Dak is any way like Rodgers but the point is, sometimes you can just see it in players who have tremendous upside even if it's in garbage time or in a game that doesn't matter much. The little things that they do well just comes natural to them and you know when the lights are bright, they are still gonna be able to do well because it just comes natural to them. I saw it from Romo too when he had that good preseason before he surpassed Bledsoe. You could just see that things just came natural to him and eventually he was gonna be our guy. I'm not saying Dak is our guy for the future yet but I'm happy as hell with what I've seen from him so far. He has the intangibles and the skills that you look for in a franchise QB.

Not trying to say the Rams or Dolphins weren't trying, in fact they tried their asses off and Dak won those battles. I'm just saying the NFL regular season is different than preseason and college ball. So far hes passing all test with flying colors, but I've seen too many preseason studs turn into duds quickly. I will say I'm nos as worried about a Romo injury as I was before I saw Dak play. He looks great and looks like he can be a real NFL QB.