• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Trading the #3 Overall to the San Francisco 49ers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to be going out of their way to try and make everyone think they want Jones. I think it will be Fields or Lance

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say though this seems like a smoke screen because it just too hard to believe the 49ers spent all that capitol to draft Jones. It is fun for me as a Seahawk fan thinking that the 49ers would do that. Course they did trade for Jimmy G and gave him that crazy contract so they have done some curious moves at QB with Shanahan.
This time of year believe nothing that you hear.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say though this seems like a smoke screen because it just too hard to believe the 49ers spent all that capitol to draft Jones. It is fun for me as a Seahawk fan thinking that the 49ers would do that. Course they did trade for Jimmy G and gave him that crazy contract so they have done some curious moves at QB with Shanahan.
This is my point it makes no sense. I understand that no matter who it is they are safer at 3 but the cost is insane in comparison to 6 which they most likely could have had. If they really wanted Jones would anyone spend the capitol to cut under them at 6? Highly doubtful and they could have played the smoke screen game we're hoping for one of the others to fall who would actually be worth going to 3 for. I'm betting on one of the other two QB's....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point it makes no sense. I understand that no matter who it is they are safer at 3 but the cost is insane in comparison to 6 which they most likely could have had. If they really wanted Jones would anyone spend the capitol to cut under them at 6? Highly doubtful and they could have played the smoke screen game we're hoping for one of the others to fall who would actually be worth going to 3 for. I'm betting on one of the other two QB's....
Right, even with the recent jump projection he was always mid-1st late-1st. The conversation shouldn’t even be about him. Shit, maybe they think the Jets will pass on a QB (which I don’t think will be the case) and they take Wilson. But to me the real conversation is Lance and Fields at 3 now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, even with the recent jump projection he was always mid-1st late-1st. The conversation shouldn’t even be about him. Shit, maybe they think the Jets will pass on a QB (which I don’t think will be the case) and they take Wilson. But to me the real conversation is Lance and Fields at 3 now.
The thing is, why be coy? If someone trades up for the Jets pick they likely take Wilson ( same as the Jets) and if they take another QB then the 49ers take Wilson and smile. There's literally no reason for misdirection.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Shanahan has apparently enlisted his friend, Chris Simms, to take part in this effort to convince everyone that they want Jones.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's worth trying as the Jets are probably convincing themselves that Jones is now the man. If only Gase was still in NY....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The thing is, why be coy? If someone trades up for the Jets pick they likely take Wilson ( same as the Jets) and if they take another QB then the 49ers take Wilson and smile. There's literally no reason for misdirection.
But we're all making assumptions as to where the QBs rank and how teams rank them. The 9ers and other teams could have Fields or Lance over Wilson.

Let's say the 9ers like Lance a little more than Wilson and the Falcons feel the same as well so if you're the 9ers you don't want to tip that Lance is your guy or it might cause the Falcons to try to get the #2 pick to snag him.

Sure odds are the scenario is Lawrence goes #1 and the Jets stand pat at #2 to take Wilson but it's not set in stone either so you have no reason to tip your hand into who you're leaning towards.

That's why I feel the Mac Jones talk at #3 is a smokescreen because it reduces the chance another team feels the need to try to get to #2 to take the guy you really have your eye on.

Again to use the Falcons as an example if they want Lance and they are convinced that Wilson is going #2 and your Mac Jones is going #3 they are more likely to stand pat at #4 if they believe they can get him there.