• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dog fish vs aviators

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No line up changes, riding jones all the way, Sharks need to get a back up

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another shut out for jones nice to see, and fucking my boy melker getting the game winner with Doniski getting the helper

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another shut out for jones nice to see, and fucking my boy melker getting the game winner with Doniski getting the helper

Yeah, jones is back to form. he looks incredible, and Melker roofing that was a serious sniper shot. I figured he'd come back and be an OK 3rd line level player, but not much more. However, at least 5 games in, he is a difference maker and is scoring meaningful, game changing goals with truly top end finishes, in addition to the signature junk cleanup. Hes a difference maker right now, and the D is holding up. Of course, the last 4 wins could all easily have gone the other way, and all 4 were non-playoff teams, so Im not too excited yet. I wanna see em beat pitt, and chicago next week and then I'll be back. Still think they really need help with another Dman who can contribute at both ends.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love that Donskoi's nickname is donkey lol. But I agree id say they honestly need a better 5&6 on D top 4 are great, but a solid defensive D man that's physical
And a mobile smart outlet guy would work miracles

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, jones is back to form. he looks incredible, and Melker roofing that was a serious sniper shot. I figured he'd come back and be an OK 3rd line level player, but not much more. However, at least 5 games in, he is a difference maker and is scoring meaningful, game changing goals with truly top end finishes, in addition to the signature junk cleanup. Hes a difference maker right now, and the D is holding up. Of course, the last 4 wins could all easily have gone the other way, and all 4 were non-playoff teams, so Im not too excited yet. I wanna see em beat pitt, and chicago next week and then I'll be back. Still think they really need help with another Dman who can contribute at both ends.
Rules watch him on the forecheck, you'll be stunned how great he is at breaking up outlet passes and knocking down pucks and generating scoring chances. I don't know what player to compare him too

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rules watch him on the forecheck, you'll be stunned how great he is at breaking up outlet passes and knocking down pucks and generating scoring chances. I don't know what player to compare him too

I will, and have in the past. I mean, he hit the scene out of nowhere last year and was tenacious with the joes scoring ugly goals. This year though, he's doing all those things and working hard on the forecheck like you mentioned, but hes also flashing pretty hands. the finish of Jumbo's pass last game was lightning fast, and one-timing Donkey's pass an inch under the bar is not easy. Those are goal scorers goals, not just muckers. If he can score the ugly ones and pretty one's, he could be a real top 6 threat, and when cooch comes back (and torres?), they might have the depth they need up front even without much from wingels, nieto, or tierney. hell, that trio may end up the 4th line behind jumbo-pavs-karlsson, Cooch-Marleau-Ward, Donskoi-Hertl-Torres, Wingels-Nieto-Tierney. Would be the best fourth line the league.

Still, the D is one injury to a top 4 D away from bottom dweller. We saw it pretty obviously when martin went down. Team spiraled. If Pickles, Martin, or Burns (or even braun) get hurt, and dillon is playing top 4 minutes with tennyson and mueller as your bottom pairing, then its gunna be pretty tough.

I am trying not to get in any way optimistic, but that certainly wont stop me from enjoying melker's play.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will, and have in the past. I mean, he hit the scene out of nowhere last year and was tenacious with the joes scoring ugly goals. This year though, he's doing all those things and working hard on the forecheck like you mentioned, but hes also flashing pretty hands. the finish of Jumbo's pass last game was lightning fast, and one-timing Donkey's pass an inch under the bar is not easy. Those are goal scorers goals, not just muckers. If he can score the ugly ones and pretty one's, he could be a real top 6 threat, and when cooch comes back (and torres?), they might have the depth they need up front even without much from wingels, nieto, or tierney. hell, that trio may end up the 4th line behind jumbo-pavs-karlsson, Cooch-Marleau-Ward, Donskoi-Hertl-Torres, Wingels-Nieto-Tierney. Would be the best fourth line the league.

Still, the D is one injury to a top 4 D away from bottom dweller. We saw it pretty obviously when martin went down. Team spiraled. If Pickles, Martin, or Burns (or even braun) get hurt, and dillon is playing top 4 minutes with tennyson and mueller as your bottom pairing, then its gunna be pretty tough.

I am trying not to get in any way optimistic, but that certainly wont stop me from enjoying melker's play.
Yes one timing from that position is now joke

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is Braun even playing?? Then games im actually able to watch I honestly dont ever notice him or ever hear his name... That could be good and bad thing. But he seens like the forgotten stepchild no one ever mentions. Is he actually top 4 worthy is he really a 5-6 guy but top 4 on our weak D chart