• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Murray stay or does he go?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i predict he signs with philly.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Cowboys upgrade the defense this offseason, I'm not worried about the Eagles. The Eagles have unloaded their starting QB, RB, WR, and soon to be two starting OL. When has that ever worked in the NFL? Chip is trying to be an innovator lol. The team I think will be a bigger challenge next season is the Giants
I agree the Redskins are quietly having a nice offseason to. No major moves, but a lot of similar moves to what we mad last year.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to Romo?
LOL yeah because Bradford has had such a great career. Romo was a top 5 QB last year easily. Bradford and Sanchez or both in the bottom 1/3 of qb's.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah had no choice but to let murray go given his injury history and the position he plays. If Gurley or gordon falls one of them should be considered. Coleman is another guy that we could take at 27 and he would be a stud. 2nd rounder on yeldon whom would fit the offense and be a steal. Normally Alabama backs are overrated, but I feel he is underrated. Like him as he is high effort guy and quick for size. Gurley to me looks like a potential bust. Ajay from Boise state is the other back I really like. I think 3 out of those guys would make immediate impact. Top 3 imo are gordon, coleman, Jay ajay. We can't pass up any of those 3 at 27 if the good defenders are gone. This running back class are going to be difference makers

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah would be nice to lot's of options out there. I know I butchered the spelling of his name sorry lol. I think we have to go after Spiller as an insurance policy though. That way if the RB we draft doesn't develop in year one are is a flat out bust we're still okay.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Redskins are quietly having a nice offseason to. No major moves, but a lot of similar moves to what we mad last year.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw what they did. Really like Culliver as a CB that isn't great but can contribute. The problem for them is that they have so far to go that it will require a couple of years of these types of moves and better drafting before they can get themselves into the playoff picture. Does Snyder have the patience?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that can be said is they held the line on the $$'s they were prepared to spend and it's appear they were not near that 20M guaranteed most expected after McCoy signing.

Turn the page.

every year a rookie back comes out and rushes for 1000 plus yards. It's said there are 6/7 quality backs in this draft. I trust the brain trust will pluck one and team with a low end FA RB. I'll start the official D McFadden watch....LOL

Some things are just to easy to call.
Reggie Bush??? LOL at that thought

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each his own...I see no value with Bush in Dallas unless Dunbar is history... it seems they made a qualifying offer to Dunbar so that seems unlikely

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray thinks the eagles have great chance to win super bowl. Lmfao

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each his own...I see no value with Bush in Dallas unless Dunbar is history... it seems they made a qualifying offer to Dunbar so that seems unlikely
I can agree with this. I was referring more so to I'd rather have bush over McFadden Bush and Dunbar have the same basic skill set but Bush at least has shown he can put up respectable numbers. I think it's clear the Cowboys will be drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd round....at least I think.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw what they did. Really like Culliver as a CB that isn't great but can contribute. The problem for them is that they have so far to go that it will require a couple of years of these types of moves and better drafting before they can get themselves into the playoff picture. Does Snyder have the patience?

Have to tap the brakes on my Culliver comment when I saw what he got. Didn't expect that much...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the restructures of the past (Romo) are one of the main reasons we didnt sign Murray. We are still paying the price for those stupid moves, but the impact is less and less each year. I'm glad we seem to have broken the cycle and didn't simply restructure Romo just to spend the money on someone else. This team has made a 180 degree turnaround from where we were. Not just with the cap, but the culture of the entire organization. Garrett turned around the culture of the players and coaches and brought back accountability and competition. We are no longer the soft team that crumbled when times got tough. Team comes before individual and everyone for the most part does what is best for the team. Now it's clear the front Office has changed too. We no longer panic about keeping every single player and doing whatever is necessary to resign them or fill holes via free agency. Of course the excellent drafting of the last few years is a big reason why this is all working.

I think we are defintiely a weaker team right now than we were at the end of last year, but we can move past it. In past years our team of older guys got a year older every offseason which was a bad thing. Now we have a few vets that are on the downturn of their career, but the majority of the team is younger, so I think more guys get slightly better with another year of experience than they do worse like in the past (hope that makes sense). I think Witten is the guy that needs to get more plays off and be preserved for the more important plays and of course Romo will be key. Is he an old QB whose body is breaking down more and more each year, or is he a year past his surgeries and actually going to be physically better? I look at giving him Wedenesday off even if his back is healthier...

Going forward we need another strong draft and hopefully this is the year Sean Lee stays healthy. The guy is just so f'in good and just needs to stay on the field. We also need to resign McClain. If we go into the draft with Lee, Hitchens and the role players we've been accumulating it wouldn't be horrible, but we'd be crushed if Lee got hurt. If we go into the draft with Lee, Hitchens and McClain we are in a perfect position to add an impact player in the draft or just let the others we signed (and kept) compete for snaps behind those 3...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the restructures of the past (Romo) are one of the main reasons we didnt sign Murray. We are still paying the price for those stupid moves, but the impact is less and less each year. I'm glad we seem to have broken the cycle and didn't simply restructure Romo just to spend the money on someone else. This team has made a 180 degree turnaround from where we were. Not just with the cap, but the culture of the entire organization. Garrett turned around the culture of the players and coaches and brought back accountability and competition. We are no longer the soft team that crumbled when times got tough. Team comes before individual and everyone for the most part does what is best for the team. Now it's clear the front Office has changed too. We no longer panic about keeping every single player and doing whatever is necessary to resign them or fill holes via free agency. Of course the excellent drafting of the last few years is a big reason why this is all working.

I think we are defintiely a weaker team right now than we were at the end of last year, but we can move past it. In past years our team of older guys got a year older every offseason which was a bad thing. Now we have a few vets that are on the downturn of their career, but the majority of the team is younger, so I think more guys get slightly better with another year of experience than they do worse like in the past (hope that makes sense). I think Witten is the guy that needs to get more plays off and be preserved for the more important plays and of course Romo will be key. Is he an old QB whose body is breaking down more and more each year, or is he a year past his surgeries and actually going to be physically better? I look at giving him Wedenesday off even if his back is healthier...

Going forward we need another strong draft and hopefully this is the year Sean Lee stays healthy. The guy is just so f'in good and just needs to stay on the field. We also need to resign McClain. If we go into the draft with Lee, Hitchens and the role players we've been accumulating it wouldn't be horrible, but we'd be crushed if Lee got hurt. If we go into the draft with Lee, Hitchens and McClain we are in a perfect position to add an impact player in the draft or just let the others we signed (and kept) compete for snaps behind those 3...

I'm perfectly happy with Romo as our QB but you are correct about the constant restructures of his and a few other contracts. Those redo's have us near the cap limit yearly and the dead money from those redo's limit the players we can sign. Two more years of fiscal responsibility should make managing the cap a piece of cake.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well done.

It's really tough to figure out where Romo is psychically, especially his mobility.

He looked like he was 1000 years old towards the end of the GB game. But that was more about that shot he took in that game. Come the first game of 2015, I want to see what a 100% Romo looks like.

Romo does 2 things that offset each other(to a degree). His ability to avoid a sack offsets his need to hold on to the ball too long. The latter is not going to change this late in his career. So what happens when he loses his first talent.