• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Murray stay or does he go?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that the first thing that comes out of Philly after Murray is their best OL Mathis going on the trading block. Bradford/Sanchez at QB, Riley Cooper as your premier WR, and Mathis getting traded? Murray is gonna earn those big bucks.....

defenses are not going to worry about the Eagles passing game. they will be ganging up bigtime against Murray. How many fumbles/injuries this year with the beating he will take?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is and he never was injured like Gurley.
Gurley is still projected 1st rounder even with the injuries. He would be top 10 if never injured. I've read NFL scouts that compared him to AP. I'm no scout, but watching him destroy SEC defenses was impressive to me. That said, Gordon is a stud and would look great with a star on his hat

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the Eagles - they got a really good player and a good lockeroom guy. I know some are upset including myself but i think JJ did the right thing. I'm sure they have a backup plan. This one stings to me the most because of the chunk of chemistry lost.

I agree. Any Cowboy fan that wasn't a complete moron understood his value and wanted Murray back at the right price, but to be honest we probably made the right move letting him go at $8M plus per year. We all knew if someone blew our offer out of the water he was going to leave. What bothers me is that our offer to him really was kind of a B.S insulting offer if rumors are correct.

What we do next with both the RB position and with the cap savings will determine whether it was the right move or not. Can we "unrestructure" Tyron!!!

Pierre Thomas or Fred Jackson!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley way better than Gordon to me. No interest in Gordon...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Any Cowboy fan that wasn't a complete moron understood his value and wanted Murray back at the right price, but to be honest we probably made the right move letting him go at $8M plus per year. We all knew if someone blew our offer out of the water he was going to leave. What bothers me is that our offer to him really was kind of a B.S insulting offer if rumors are correct.

What we do next with both the RB position and with the cap savings will determine whether it was the right move or not. Can we "unrestructure" Tyron!!!

Pierre Thomas or Fred Jackson!!!
I'd bet Jackson could be had for a mid to late round pick after the Bills coughed up $8 million per for McCoy. Would be a great move for Dallas IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews signed his deal with Philly to back up Murray. Surprising to me

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Will McClay was not in the building I would be really nervous about now but since he is in charge of the draft and scouting the vets and F/A's I am confident that the Cowboys have a plan in place. I honestly think with the new financial thinking in place they thought that Murray would be gone.

You cant just plug and play a RB in the NFL but you can still get really good players behind this OL and get solid production. Its a business and the Cowboys are just now treating it the way that the Patriots have for years its not pretty or any fun when a good player leaves but the new CBA and the new rookie wage scale makes the Salary cap Dollars even more precious. RB's after 27 are shown to start the down hill slide. While an exception does happen the graph is brutally accurate. Time to Draft Well and sign a Vet F/A and move on.

I wish Demarco well except when he plays the Cowboys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Will McClay was not in the building I would be really nervous about now but since he is in charge of the draft and scouting the vets and F/A's I am confident that the Cowboys have a plan in place. I honestly think with the new financial thinking in place they thought that Murray would be gone.

You cant just plug and play a RB in the NFL but you can still get really good players behind this OL and get solid production. Its a business and the Cowboys are just now treating it the way that the Patriots have for years its not pretty or any fun when a good player leaves but the new CBA and the new rookie wage scale makes the Salary cap Dollars even more precious. RB's after 27 are shown to start the down hill slide. While an exception does happen the graph is brutally accurate. Time to Draft Well and sign a Vet F/A and move on.

It's hard to watch Murray walk out the door, but it's definitely a new day in big D with Stephen and McClay having more of a say. It's well documented that Jerry wanted Johnny Football, and was talked out of it. Martin was the top guy on the Cowboys board, and a great add. Gonna miss Murray, but I'm excited to see what this team looks like by September

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were already a top 10 rushing team. There is a high bar set to just duplicate what they had. Then lets see if it was worth all that money to move up so many spots on the rushing list.

Just seems like a lot of money to fix something that was not broken.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were already a top 10 rushing team. There is a high bar set to just duplicate what they had. Then lets see if it was worth all that money to move up so many spots on the rushing list.

Just seems like a lot of money to fix something that was not broken.
It's one hell of a blow to McCoy's ego which is somewhat deserving due to his ass holiness ways

5/42/21...I can't blame Dallas, can't blame Murray neither.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see how screwed we got because of our division record?

I'm not bitter at all with Murray. But he went to the Eagles. I can't do for him what I did for Ware when he went to the Broncos. For every yard he runs is a yard that keep the Cowboys out of the Playoffs.

I hope he is happy playing in Philly, I hope he says
healthy and plays a full season. But make no mistake.
For his first game, I want Murray to break the NFL record for consecutive runs for lost yardage, and then I want him to fumble ...twice.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what type of comp pick do you think we'll get from losing Murray? I don't know if we get anything for Durant, Carter or Parnell. But it seems to me, that we will make up for losing Murray in the long run.

Advantages: 1. Take advantage of a strong pool of draftable RBs. 2. Clear some cap room now and future years. 3. Comp pick(s?) next year should be pretty high. 4. Got younger at a position that is a young man's position.

Disadvantages: 1. Lost a veteran coming into his own. 2. Lost a great person/teammate along with the talent. 3. Gives us a hole in experience and most of all pass blocking.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only goodness!!! He said it was not about the money but he wanted to win a Superbowl!!!! I have lost all respect for Murray...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only goodness!!! He said it was not about the money but he wanted to win a Superbowl!!!! I have lost all respect for Murray...

Come on ..did he really say that?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews signed his deal with Philly to back up Murray. Surprising to me

I 100% believe that Stephen called Chips BS bluff. Chip was trying to drive up the price, thinking Dallas would match. Instead Dallas told Murray "see ya".

Now the Eagles have an always injured QB, a shitty QB to back him up but paid quite well, now WR's, and Sproles/Murray/Matthews in the backfield.

Good luck with that, Chip. Remember this the next time you want to run the price up on Dallas, remember who won.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what type of comp pick do you think we'll get from losing Murray? I don't know if we get anything for Durant, Carter or Parnell. But it seems to me, that we will make up for losing Murray in the long run.

Advantages: 1. Take advantage of a strong pool of draftable RBs. 2. Clear some cap room now and future years. 3. Comp pick(s?) next year should be pretty high. 4. Got younger at a position that is a young man's position.

Disadvantages: 1. Lost a veteran coming into his own. 2. Lost a great person/teammate along with the talent. 3. Gives us a hole in experience and most of all pass blocking.

Not much, Murray doesn't even play 10 games next year

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no intention of using Murray as the monster work horse like we did. Not even close.
So they paid full price for a back they plan on using half as much?

Honestly, that
sounds like something the Cowboys would do several years ago. And we would be furious about it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First rule is you need to lose more guys than you sign. Seems that will be the case, but need to wait to see. Then you need to realize the formula, if there even is one, seems to be a secret...so who knows. Basically after all signings are done you can make a better guess, but there is no way to know for sure...