• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone here have a PS4?

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious as I own one and was wondering what games people here played.

I got Battlefield 4, MLB The Show 14, and a bunch of indie games.

Any suggestions on some good games to play? I like all kinds, multiplayer and single player.

I'm looking forward to The Evil Within, Minecraft, and maybe Diablo 3, to name a few. Oh and of course NHL 15, NBA 2k15, Madden 15, and probably Fifa 15.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought one a few months ago. I've only played Watch Dogs and Need For Speed Rivals so far. Watch Dogs was pretty good, NFS was kind of lame but i'm not as into racing games as I used to be.

Just picked up The Last of Us Remastered when it was released on the 29th. If you've never played the original version on PS3 I would definitely recommend it. One of my favorite games ever and won like 200+ game of the year awards.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought one a few months ago. I've only played Watch Dogs and Need For Speed Rivals so far. Watch Dogs was pretty good, NFS was kind of lame but i'm not as into racing games as I used to be.

Just picked up The Last of Us Remastered when it was released on the 29th. If you've never played the original version on PS3 I would definitely recommend it. One of my favorite games ever and won like 200+ game of the year awards.

I'm the same way with racing games. I have Watch Dogs on hold at the library, so I should be getting it soon. As well as Wolfenstein. I really want to play The Last Of Us (never played it on PS3) but I can't really afford it right now so I'm waiting until the library gets that too. If I had the money it would be in my PS4 right now. Just bought Pure Pool recently though. Nice game.

BTW, if you have PS +, the free monthly games come out tonight at 12 AM.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent thread, was thinking about asking this. I'm still waiting on a game to make me buy it. The new Borderlands comes out this fall, but for PS3 and not PS4. I know early next year there is a new game from the original creator of SOCOM for the PS4, so I will buy one then if nothing else.

I don't play a lot of games, mainly just online co-op with a buddy and we tend to like free roam games where you can co-op the main campaign. So SOCOM, Borderlands, Red Dead...games like that.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent thread, was thinking about asking this. I'm still waiting on a game to make me buy it. The new Borderlands comes out this fall, but for PS3 and not PS4. I know early next year there is a new game from the original creator of SOCOM for the PS4, so I will buy one then if nothing else.

I don't play a lot of games, mainly just online co-op with a buddy and we tend to like free roam games where you can co-op the main campaign. So SOCOM, Borderlands, Red Dead...games like that.

Red Dead was a great game. I used to just ride from point A to B on my horse instead of quick traveling I enjoyed it so much. I've been an XBOX guy for ages and I've never even played a SOCOM game before. I owned the original Playstation, but that's it.

I don't play a ton of games either, but I like to have a console around in case I feel the urge. I gave up all my buddies on my old XBOX 360 so I'm ridin solo right now. I've had my PS4 for just over a month, but I can say that it's a lot better than my old XBOX, that's for sure.

Speaking of Borderlands, I do know that a new thing called "PS Now" just started on the PS4 that allows you to play old Playstation games, so that game may be coming soon as there is already a lot available in the store. Finally, someone mentioned that that new big game "Destiny" is a mix of Borderlands and Halo, if that helps.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the same way with racing games. I have Watch Dogs on hold at the library, so I should be getting it soon. As well as Wolfenstein. I really want to play The Last Of Us (never played it on PS3) but I can't really afford it right now so I'm waiting until the library gets that too. If I had the money it would be in my PS4 right now. Just bought Pure Pool recently though. Nice game.

BTW, if you have PS +, the free monthly games come out tonight at 12 AM.

At the library? You guys get video games at the library? The fuck kind of backwoods shit do we have here. TLOU is effing awesome and it runs soooo smooth on the PS4. I played through the story twice on the PS3 and it was great just sort of laggy because it was pushing the limits of what the PS3 could handle. The PS4 handles it flawlessly though.

There aren't a whole lot of must haves right now so it's not a big deal if you still have the PS3.......towards the end of the year and the beginning of next I would definitely get one though. There are a lot of good games coming out.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the library? You guys get video games at the library? The fuck kind of backwoods shit do we have here. TLOU is effing awesome and it runs soooo smooth on the PS4. I played through the story twice on the PS3 and it was great just sort of laggy because it was pushing the limits of what the PS3 could handle. The PS4 handles it flawlessly though.

Ya, at the library, it's free. Better than nothin. I never knew you could get games at the library until recently either, but it's good that you can. PS4 games, to boot. And ya, I heard TLOU runs at 60 fps vs the PS3's 30 fps. I wanna play through that story ASAP.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,533.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont play video games anymore. i just post on forums and watch sports

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Love it, although it could use a few more blockbuster titles IMO

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one back in November. I got Assassin's Creed IV and Madden 25 with the system. Played the shit out of AC since it was amazingm but barely touched Madden. Got BF4 shortly after and still play that a decent amount. Since then I've purchased 3 other games. Thief, Watch Dogs, and Last of Us Remastered. Thief was very average, I haven't played more than 2 hours of Watch Dogs even though I've had it for a month, and haven't had time to play Last of Us yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one back in November. I got Assassin's Creed IV and Madden 25 with the system. Played the shit out of AC since it was amazingm but barely touched Madden. Got BF4 shortly after and still play that a decent amount. Since then I've purchased 3 other games. Thief, Watch Dogs, and Last of Us Remastered. Thief was very average, I haven't played more than 2 hours of Watch Dogs even though I've had it for a month, and haven't had time to play Last of Us yet.

Watch Dogs was overhyped but it's still a playable game. It was supposed to be the first awesome game on the new generation of systems but I think we're still waiting on that one.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Dogs was overhyped but it's still a playable game. It was supposed to be the first awesome game on the new generation of systems but I think we're still waiting on that one.

That's the sentiment I keep hearing about that game.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted Thief to be good, but you are right, it was average. I don't know if I should play AC considering I have never fully beaten any of them. Thought it would fuck up the story. Maybe I'm wrong, because it looked cool.

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fallout 4, assuming it eventually becomes reality...

Marlins Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the sentiment I keep hearing about that game.

Personally I thought Watch Dogs was pretty good if maybe a little short on content. Similar to Second Son in that regard.

IMO MLB The Show 14 and NBA2K14 are the best games out so far.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I thought Watch Dogs was pretty good if maybe a little short on content. Similar to Second Son in that regard.

IMO MLB The Show 14 and NBA2K14 are the best games out so far.

Secon Son wasn't bad. It was fun running up and down buildings lol. I will be playing Watch Dogs soon, so I will update what I thought.

I own MLB The Show. Great game, but why the hell don't the players have their tattoos? Is that some rule the game makers have to abide by?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:
Red Dead was a great game. I used to just ride from point A to B on my horse instead of quick traveling I enjoyed it so much. I've been an XBOX guy for ages and I've never even played a SOCOM game before. I owned the original Playstation, but that's it.

I don't play a ton of games either, but I like to have a console around in case I feel the urge. I gave up all my buddies on my old XBOX 360 so I'm ridin solo right now. I've had my PS4 for just over a month, but I can say that it's a lot better than my old XBOX, that's for sure.

Speaking of Borderlands, I do know that a new thing called "PS Now" just started on the PS4 that allows you to play old Playstation games, so that game may be coming soon as there is already a lot available in the store. Finally, someone mentioned that that new big game "Destiny" is a mix of Borderlands and Halo, if that helps.

rep, checked out Destiny and looks like Borderlands. Will be getting that one. Still not sure if I will get the borderlands prequel. Hearing that they aren't letting many details out because it is a short game and basically an oversized DLC. After the stinker that BL2 was, may skip it or at least hold off on it. Glad Destiny might hold me over until the reviews on the BL are out.

And all of it is just a holdover until H-Hour is released next year.