• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Documentary Recommendations

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Burns Civil War.

The West. Burns might've been involved, but it's not his.

Both are on Netflix.

Bingo. The Civil War is of the best documentaries ever.

His documentary on Baseball is great too but I've only seen it on Amazon Prime.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. The Civil War is of the best documentaries ever.

His documentary on Baseball is great too but I've only seen it on Amazon Prime.
I have Baseball and Thomas Jefferson on VHS. Lol

Burns could set up entire 100 and 200 level history courses at this point.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently I have Netflix, HBO and On Demand services with Xfinity so I can stream anything from there, but if you know of something on another medium I could be open to getting a subscription to another service.

On Netflix I watched the Ted Bundy series and thought it was really well done, now starting the series they have on the Vietnam War.

I'm open to pretty much anything. I miss the good old days back when the History Channel pumped out really great stuff.

Thanks in advance.
The History Channel Series called Hunting Hitler was fascinating. That dude survived the bunker!!!!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jinx on hbo was really good. The staircase is as well. Those are both in the true crime genre.

The jinx is about a very wealthy new yorker who was close to a number of people to turn up dead or missing. The staircase is about a guy who may or may not have murdered his wife.

If you liked the Bundy series then these would be up your alley.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks everyone! I didn't expect so many responses. These all sound really interesting. Keep em comin'!

At this rate I'll have stuff to watch for the next 3 months lol.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a Husky like you I would recommend the Ted Bundy series on Netflix. It represents UW very well.
I binged this last weekend it was great.. ..he was a monster and master manipulator extraordinaire

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new doc series on the Mossad. Watched it last night. (netflix).

I have always found the Mossad to be very interesting.

I took a class on the Arab-Israeli conflict during my undergrad days and in my free time I read a textbook on the conflict for fun (yes I know I'm weird). Don't think either went much into the Mossad so that sounds really interesting.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I binged this last weekend it was great.. ..he was a monster and master manipulator extraordinaire

It's crazy how someone could become that deranged. If he wasn't so sick in the head he probably could've been a great attorney. I genuinely wonder what causes someone to reach that point.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how someone could become that deranged. If he wasn't so sick in the head he probably could've been a great attorney. I genuinely wonder what causes someone to reach that point.
I just don't understand why he killed Kimberly Leach.. she was the 12 year old..she wasn't grown she didn't look grown..I think he was on the autism spectrum tbh.. like asperger's his social skills were lacking .. to me ..from listening to the people he grew up with they all said he was awkward as a kid.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why he killed Kimberly Leach.. she was the 12 year old..she wasn't grown she didn't look grown..I think he was on the autism spectrum tbh.. like asperger's his social skills were lacking .. to me ..from listening to the people he grew up with they all said he was awkward as a kid.

The Kimberly Leach case was probably the most confusing to me. It didn't fit his MO.

Regarding the possibility of autism, I'm unsure. He seemed very charismatic and from my knowledge, individuals with autism generally are quite strange in social environments. Being awkward as a kid I don't think is completely indicative of autism. Many psychologists hypothesize that individuals with sociopathic behavior generally have an underdeveloped amygdala which is the region of the brain that influences behavior. If I'm recalling the research correctly, individuals who are classified as sociopaths/psychopaths generally possess an underdeveloped amygdala or experience less activity in that region of the brain for whatever reason.

Still a really good documentary. He was an evil man, but you can't deny that the entire situation is incredibly interesting on many levels.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's in a better place now. Or not.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did really enjoy that.

It actually was pretty good, a lot crap in it I didn’t know. He was just before my time, the Green River was in my wheel house, there was just a lot more of him killing in Seattle. And I was always under the assumption he was a genius but that documentary made it seem like he was just above average in smarts.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raised in the System on HBO is great

Michael K Williams is a boss

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mans obsolete is another mans still works just fine.

True.

I still have about 400 empty 1.44MG floppies that I can't give away and they really aren't that valuable if I sell them, anywhere from 70 cents to $1 each depending on condition.

I have 50 TDKs in the original shrink wrap from 1996.

I'll hold on to them to see if they increase in value.