• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Rams bring in a RB?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addai won't get back into the NFL as a pure RB. He was 1 of the best pass-blocking RBs i've seen and he could also do the job as a receiver out of the backfield. I don't have an issue with Richardson on 1st & 2nd down. He is what he is and we don't have anyone better. I don't mind him getting the 3rd & short role because his style is to slam it into the line. He has the speed to break it open if he gets through. It's a threat defenses have to respect. We don't know what Stacy can do. He hasn't been given that role in pre-season games, (something I commented on after the Browns game). The problem areas are goal-line RB and 3rd & 4+ RB. This won't sit well with most of you but I don't really care about a goal-line RB. The conversion rate per rushing play is low throughout the league. When you factor in our having the weakest run-blocking OL in the league it becomes a give-up play. I doubt we could convert 25% with any NFL RB in our backfield. If we must persist with the jumbo package concept use a 6th OL as a FB with Cook or Kendricks as the TB. The statistically better options are to go to an all-out passing formation or bring in a wild-cat package. 3rd & 4+ RB is something we have to address, and it's a situation we going to see a lot of. Richardson's blocking isn't good enough and Stacy hasn't shown any threat as a backfield receiver. Pead gets the job by default, which is a horrible situation. I'd consider putting Cook or Kendricks in the backfield, but that does away with the draw play option. Any RB we sign has to fill this role. If Benson or Turner could fill it they wouldn't have been let go by the Packers and the Falcons.

Filling the 3rd & 4+ pass-blocking and receiver role is the priority for any FA RB we sign.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have Choice for one of your stiffs....... but to think you are getting Byrd for anything less then multiple 1st rounders is funny. :laugh3:
The Bills are unlikely to pay Byrd franchise + 20% next year. The choice is to trade him now or let him go at the end of the year for a 2015 compensatory pick likely to be 97th overall. The Chiefs couldn't get a 2nd for a franchise LT. The Vikings got a 1st, 3rd, & 7th for WR Harvin. Your evaluation is way off. Either way I don't see the Rams being involved. We have cap issues.

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pead will do OK as the 3rd down back. He's actually pretty good at blitz pickup, and is a decent receiver. At this point its his best role. There's been a couple of positive comments from the color guys about his blitz pickup to this point.

Richardson not having blazing speed isn't a problem for me - he has incredible burst, and that's a far more important trait for a RB to have.

Stacey I haven't seen much from, but he was impressive against SEC competition with an outmatched OL at Vanderbilt. If he gets healthy, he'll be OK.

And the #4 guy, Cunningham, has made some nice plays.

Overall our run game is going to be a weakness, but considering our massive cap issues we aren't likely to address that. And I think we could be pleasantly surprised here - no 1000 yard rusher, but lots of guys that can positively contribute.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I noticed that Detroit is 4 deep at RB. Mikel LeShoure? He's 6' 230 with speed and he's an Illinois boy!!

Get on it somebody.

Dammit :wtf2:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about recently released Jonathon Dwyer from the Steelers? Apparently, he wasn't a good fit for their new run blocking scheme.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he has a very poor work ethic. I'm all for kicking the tyres but it would have to be on a minimal risk basis.