• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Rams bring in a RB?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's deep at RB? I have a feeling that the Rams are going to pick up a RB that gets cut. Will Peyton Hillis make the Bucs? Would we even want him?

Washington seems to be deep at RB. Too bad we didn't take Roy Helu a few years ago in the 4th. lol

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start with the Saints and ask about a trade for Ingram. At best he's their #3, even if he is listed at #2 on their depth chart. He's under contract for 2 years on a low salary. He should fit a by-committee backfield. Trade valuation could be a problem.

I'd consider Moore and Addai who are currently FAs. I'd consider Hillis if he was cut.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who the Rams can grab, but they need to do something because the current group of RB's are not, IMO, going to be consistently productive.

Rams may want to consider a trade of a couple of WR's for a decent RB or wait until the Draft next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76. I believe the Rams will trade for a back or p/u one off of the Waiver wire. Hillis is the likely choice or maybe we can get a RB and Jarius Byrd out of Buffalo for some of our stiffs. But the real issue is what the Rams passed on after the first round in this past draft.

I now see the wisdom in trading up to get Austin and then Ogletree but they had choices at a couple of better backs in later rounds and they whiffed for some other players and then traded away most of their late round picks. Snead and Fisher did not think that through and now we are stuck with a cadre of potential stiffs for running backs. Not good.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between McDonald and Barrett Jones, the only RB taken was Knile Davis.

They needed to draft a safety, and had they taken a RB in the 3rd, the safety options would be sketchy at best.

In the 4th after the Jones pick, Franklin and Lattimore were taken. In the 5th, prior to the McGee pick, Taylor was taken. After McGee and prior to Stacy, Randle and Thompson were taken and Gillisee was taken after Stacy that same round.

Of all those RB's, Randle has shown the most. Franklin has done nothing so far. Lattimore was a luxury pick the Rams couldn't afford. Taylor has shown a little, but no more than Stacy at this point.

I liked the first 4 picks of the draft. The only pick that comes into question is McGee over Randle IMO. Tough to question a 5th round pick. It's all a crapshoot at that point.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will be ok in the open field with D Rich and maybe Pead wakes up. But those 2 are Chris Johnson clones minus 4.3 speed. More like 4.5 speed maybe 4.6.

My point is that the Rams will be in trouble in the red zone with these 2 RBs. Which will lead the Rams to depend on Bradford, which will mean lots of pass rushing from the opposing defenses.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will be ok in the open field with D Rich and maybe Pead wakes up. But those 2 are Chris Johnson clones minus 4.3 speed. More like 4.5 speed maybe 4.6.

My point is that the Rams will be in trouble in the red zone with these 2 RBs. Which will lead the Rams to depend on Bradford, which will mean lots of pass rushing from the opposing defenses.

I think that is where Stacy comes in. He is small (5'8"), but he is 216lbs which makes him a bowling ball. Great for goal-line use.

I think the Rams will use all 3 RB's effectively. Rich and Pead between the 10's and Stacy at goal line.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big believer that a back needs 7-10 carries just to get warmed up so I hope they give Richardson the game...see what he can do when he's warmed up.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Angelakerams on the RB draft recap and regarding how we're going to use the current backs on the roster.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76 - Get on the phone to Buffalo, New Orleans, and Washington. Hopefully, someone is doing the groundwork in our front office for a RB.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's deep at RB? I have a feeling that the Rams are going to pick up a RB that gets cut. Will Peyton Hillis make the Bucs? Would we even want him?

Washington seems to be deep at RB. Too bad we didn't take Roy Helu a few years ago in the 4th. lol

yes
I really dont think Pead is going to cut it. Richardson is OK, but he is not a feature back. Dont understand why Fisher didnt address this sooner, I know we had a lot of other needs. But I guess its not too late to bring in another guy. But if they did I dont think they would be any better than what we have now. Maybe one of these backups will surprise, but I doupt it. I really believe this will bite us all season long. Kind of funny as we are use to 8 man fronts with SJ39.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL in general seems to be downplaying the RBs role with FBs dissappearing altogether from some rosters. I believe they are going more for utility than sheer power. Say a Marshall Faulk type over an Earl Campbell type. And while both are hard enough to find. If you put Adrian Peterson at the top with maybe a couple more under him. The skill level after that seems to drop off dramatically. Fisher must have a plan to work with what he has. Would it hurt to pick up a veteran back? Wouldnt hurt a thing.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider Moore and Addai who are currently FAs. I'd consider Hillis if he was cut.

... you would consider a "never done anything substantial" Mwelde Moore and "2 knee injuries" Joseph Addai and you would not consider Cedric Benson, who, before his lisfranc injury, had only missed 6 games in his entire career or a guy like Michael Turner, who is EXACTLY what this team needs (a goal line big back)... makes no sense. Based on need Turner or Hillis would be the perfect compliment for 1 year at least.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just don't see our 2 Chris Johnson clones doing much inside the 10. Zac Stacy is hurting and the best looking goal-line guy we have is Benny Cunningham - who I actually like alot. I like D Rich, but I guess we will see how he does in the red zone.

If we can't be a threat running the ball in the red zone, we become 1 dimensional and that's not good for Sam.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76 - Get on the phone to Buffalo, New Orleans, and Washington. Hopefully, someone is doing the groundwork in our front office for a RB.

Buffalo has nothing to offer. They aren't going to deal Spiller or Jackson (since Spiller hasn't proven he can handle a full season yet, and RB depth is very important). Do you really want Tashard Choice?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEs Angelakerams, I get the notion that Snead and Fisher were working on other problem areas because had such a talent vacuum for so long . We may have to wait anotehr draft for the back we really need and an offensive line that is better with anothe player or two. I am not going to fault Snead/Fisher too much for our first round because of what I saw last week. May be a Lcay could have supplanted Austin-maybe.

But I like what SJ and KsuDodgers have been stating that Hillis and Turner would be good additions. We shall see what happens Thursday.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76. I believe the Rams will trade for a back or p/u one off of the Waiver wire. Hillis is the likely choice or maybe we can get a RB and Jarius Byrd out of Buffalo for some of our stiffs. But the real issue is what the Rams passed on after the first round in this past draft.

I now see the wisdom in trading up to get Austin and then Ogletree but they had choices at a couple of better backs in later rounds and they whiffed for some other players and then traded away most of their late round picks. Snead and Fisher did not think that through and now we are stuck with a cadre of potential stiffs for running backs. Not good.

You can have Choice for one of your stiffs....... but to think you are getting Byrd for anything less then multiple 1st rounders is funny. :laugh3:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast there David-Son. I've seen crazier trades before in my 50+ years of following the Rams. It is not entirely out of the question especially if Byrd really starts throwing a hissy fit and begins making annoying demands about his franchise tender that he signed.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast there David-Son. I've seen crazier trades before in my 50+ years of following the Rams. It is not entirely out of the question especially if Byrd really starts throwing a hissy fit and begins making annoying demands about his franchise tender that he signed.

True and they could trade him away if that is the case but considering he is top 5 safety and franchise means 2 first round picks I think if shopped around he would bring in more then some stiffs as you put it plus you want us to throw in Jackson... Probably not going to happen.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that the chances are not very good, but I have learned to never say never with professional sports and a lot of areas in life. We shall see though. Good stuff my good man!