• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Jazz still run the flex offense?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting harder for me to tell.

If they're not still running it, then maybe it's because the personnel doesn't fit anymore.

I don't see as many bigs cutting for layups.

And Mo is better as a shooter, not a slasher.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misfiring Deron Williams Takes Shot at Nets' Offensive System

Some comments on the Jazz's flex system. I assume they still use it, albeit a modernized one, because the coach was a former player for Sloan and a former assistant coach to Sloan. That's not to say he hasn't made significant changes. I can't say it's as fluid as when Sloan was here, but that might have been personnel or it may have been coaching (same system but not to same effectiveness).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

It just doesn't look the same. I don't see any of those passes to cutters. I'm used to seeing AK, Boozer, Millsap cut, receive a pass, and lay it up.

AK and Hayward and Marvin can probably do that, as well as Favors, but not seeing it.

Also, I haven't been a fan of the Jazz halfcourt offense at all the past 1.5 years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

It just doesn't look the same. I don't see any of those passes to cutters. I'm used to seeing AK, Boozer, Millsap cut, receive a pass, and lay it up.

AK and Hayward and Marvin can probably do that, as well as Favors, but not seeing it.

Also, I haven't been a fan of the Jazz halfcourt offense at all the past 1.5 years.

Maybe Corbin is trying too hard to modernize it? Why fix something that isn't broken, when you just make a few adjustments? (Adjustments aren't fixes and needing an adjustment doesn't mean it's broken, just bent.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron Williams says he is not responsible for Avery Johnson firing - ESPN New York

Again, perhaps erroneously, Deron is accused of running Johnson out like he was accused of doing so with Sloan. While I know both of these could be false, I've also seen enough of Deron to know he does blame others, he is very vocal about certain things that could be left private, and he does seem to bitch about what's unfair - never using the word unfair, of course. He constantly talked about the Jazz and Nets moves as being determinative of where he was going to be, while under contract. It just seems to me, shut up and try to win, we'll judge you on a curve. Talk privately but understand there comes a point where you stop looking for help and take over.

This isn't totally fair, I'm just tired of Williams like I'm sure some people were tired of Malone when he was trying to get his first big deal. For his rookie contract and perhaps first extension, he was paid very little compared to today's athletes, and it took awhile before he got up there after a few superstars got paid. Obviously, he was paid a lot regardless.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Corbin is trying too hard to modernize it? Why fix something that isn't broken, when you just make a few adjustments? (Adjustments aren't fixes and needing an adjustment doesn't mean it's broken, just bent.)

Maybe his players just aren't good cutters?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just randomly looking at this guy's profile and I thought of your comment how players are better here than they normally would be.

Felton Spencer NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I was then looking at his Per 36 minutes, and he has his best years, predictably on better teams - Utah, Spurs, and New York - whereas some do their best on bad teams, where even if they are not a focal player, they get more on theirs, maybe.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just randomly looking at this guy's profile and I thought of your comment how players are better here than they normally would be.

Felton Spencer NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I was then looking at his Per 36 minutes, and he has his best years, predictably on better teams - Utah, Spurs, and New York - whereas some do their best on bad teams, where even if they are not a focal player, they get more on theirs, maybe.

I don't remember him much.