• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJ Fluker/Alabama investigation....

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post all the updates I get here if it's worth posting.

This is from our insider at Tidesports.com, Tommy Deas...

"New info on Fluker situation...

The quick points:

* Fluker is cooperating with UA's investigation, which began before the Yahoo Sports report was published
* Fluker has been interviewed by UA compliance
* Alabama is working with the SEC on its investigation, which is how these things work. The school works with the SEC, which decides what and when to report to the NCAA
* Luther Davis has been told (before today, I gather sometime back) to stay away from UA players and is not welcome at the athletic facility

That's the matter as it stands. I gather Alabama, from what it knows right now, feels there are no institutional violations in this situation, but the investigation is ongoing."

Personally, I'm not feeling good about this right now, but hopefully with the University cooperating to the best of their ability, things will go alright. In the Reggie Bush situation USC didn't comply with the NCAA, they knew about the stuff that was going on and didn't investigate, and we appear to be doing the opposite of that, so hopefully it all works out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't really worried.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't really worried.

I wish I could say the same. That article just seemed like they really have their shit together on this one. However, something that eases my worry a little, one of the co-authors of the yahoo article has said that they have no plans to turn anything over to the NCAA. These guys don't like the NCAA and want it gone just like we do, so hopefully they keep a hold on whatever they have and nothing comes of this.

I don't even know what to say about Fluker right now, he's one of my favorite players, hopefully he didn't fuck us.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA doesn't cut us any slack and because of that I'm a little worried. Plus this will have the NCAA digging around and who knows what they might accidentally find.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what to say about Fluker right now, he's one of my favorite players, hopefully he didn't fuck us.

I always liked Fluker, I met him a few times and he was always a class act. With that being said, if he fucked us, the UA should remove anything and everything with the name Fluker on it and remove the name Fluker from anything it is on.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA doesn't cut us any slack and because of that I'm a little worried. Plus this will have the NCAA digging around and who knows what they might accidentally find.

That's the biggest thing right there. When LSU was being investigated for the Willie Lyes fiasco, i was worried that they find some other stuff that has been swept under the rug. Thankfully there wasn't, but it's never good when the NCAA is snooping around your program, especially top programs like Bama.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much for that three-peat :laugh3:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where Phillips, one of the agents, made a statement today saying Yahoo refused to return his calls on the 10th. He claims there are numerous falsehoods in their article. Even using the word "libelous" to describe it. He goes on to state that any Bama players that received money, did so post-eligibility, including Fluker.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where Phillips, one of the agents, made a statement today saying Yahoo refused to return his calls on the 10th. He claims there are numerous falsehoods in their article. Even using the word "libelous" to describe it. He goes on to state that any Bama players that received money, did so post-eligibility, including Fluker.

I hope like hell that's true.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye fan here...that continues to struggle at winning games...

I love the winning of titles that has gone on with the SEC at-large. However, this isn't a good thing no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out really bad for Alabama and the SEC as a whole. How many titles will Alabama have to give up if the NCAA snoops through the program? At worst...just the last two...ouch city!!

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Phillips:

""I have cooperated and will continue to cooperate with those wanting information about any former relationship with Luther Davis to my days, largely back in 2009, as an NFL Contract Advisor. I will not be commenting to media until any such investigation concludes so as not to interfere with any such investigation. I spoke to Alabama in May about some of these issues and continue to. I have also presented some of it to the NFLPA.

I find the report to be erroneous and out of context. The writer of the story chose not return my call from September 10, choosing to go to press without getting further comment from me. We live in an age of reckless reporting and media wanting to put justice or facts aside for a quick, hasty story. It's unfortunate.

Luther and I worked on a book in which I interviewed 14 former members of Alabama football teams about a host of issues. That book is in the editing process, as I have over 60 hours of recordings and books of notes. It truly changed the way I think about amateur athletics. My office has also issued cash or checks to Javier Arenas, Baron Huber, Cory Reamer, Brandon Deaderick, Brian Selman, Leigh Tiffin, Terry Grant, Michael Johnson, Preston Dial, Eryk Anders and others- all post eligibility.

DJ Fluker has never, in any way, been compensated by me. I am no longer a NFL Agent. I have not had a player signed to a NFL contract in years. Seeing chaplains asking for money, assistant coaches asking for money through representatives, and the like, quickly ruined any delusions I had that there was room for me in the business.

I have no further comment. Please respect that and know I am and will do everything I can to cooperate with any investigation."

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye fan here...that continues to struggle at winning games...

I love the winning of titles that has gone on with the SEC at-large. However, this isn't a good thing no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out really bad for Alabama and the SEC as a whole. How many titles will Alabama have to give up if the NCAA snoops through the program? At worst...just the last two...ouch city!!

Post this in the thread on the college football board and keep this crap out of our board. Thanks and good luck with your season hoops

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Phillips:

""I have cooperated and will continue to cooperate with those wanting information about any former relationship with Luther Davis to my days, largely back in 2009, as an NFL Contract Advisor. I will not be commenting to media until any such investigation concludes so as not to interfere with any such investigation. I spoke to Alabama in May about some of these issues and continue to. I have also presented some of it to the NFLPA.

I find the report to be erroneous and out of context. The writer of the story chose not return my call from September 10, choosing to go to press without getting further comment from me. We live in an age of reckless reporting and media wanting to put justice or facts aside for a quick, hasty story. It's unfortunate.

Luther and I worked on a book in which I interviewed 14 former members of Alabama football teams about a host of issues. That book is in the editing process, as I have over 60 hours of recordings and books of notes. It truly changed the way I think about amateur athletics. My office has also issued cash or checks to Javier Arenas, Baron Huber, Cory Reamer, Brandon Deaderick, Brian Selman, Leigh Tiffin, Terry Grant, Michael Johnson, Preston Dial, Eryk Anders and others- all post eligibility.

DJ Fluker has never, in any way, been compensated by me. I am no longer a NFL Agent. I have not had a player signed to a NFL contract in years. Seeing chaplains asking for money, assistant coaches asking for money through representatives, and the like, quickly ruined any delusions I had that there was room for me in the business.

I have no further comment. Please respect that and know I am and will do everything I can to cooperate with any investigation."

I started to sweat a lot when I read that...then I saw the last part of that sentence lol I don't know how much of this is falsified (hope all of it is) but there is a lot that comforts me about this situation and a lot that makes me nervous as hell. I'm still on the fence and the sad thing is the University did nothing wrong. That's the problem here, the school and current players may - hopefully they don't - get punished for something some runner did.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to sweat a lot when I read that...then I saw the last part of that sentence lol I don't know how much of this is falsified (hope all of it is) but there is a lot that comforts me about this situation and a lot that makes me nervous as hell. I'm still on the fence and the sad thing is the University did nothing wrong. That's the problem here, the school and current players may - hopefully they don't - get punished for something some runner did.

The more I'm reading and learning about the "facts" the less worried I am getting. Gaping holes are beginning to form in the story.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I'm reading and learning about the "facts" the less worried I am getting. Gaping holes are beginning to form in the story.

Agree with this. Last night when I first heard about this I about shit myself, I was very worried, after reading that article it seemed like a lock we'd be getting in some serious trouble, but after seeing what this Phillips guy had to say and the Yahoo article author saying he has no plans to give any info to the NCAA, and on top of that everyone complying greatly with the NCAA, I'm starting to feel a bit better about this thing.

I don't believe they will hit us with LOIC, they know we're serious about this kinda thing, we do EVERYTHING to prevent this, hell they helped us with these extra prevention methods after our last troubles, yet it happened. I think if anything comes of it, they will go easy on us.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. Last night when I first heard about this I about shit myself, I was very worried, after reading that article it seemed like a lock we'd be getting in some serious trouble, but after seeing what this Phillips guy had to say and the Yahoo article author saying he has no plans to give any info to the NCAA, and on top of that everyone complying greatly with the NCAA, I'm starting to feel a bit better about this thing.

I don't believe they will hit us with LOIC, they know we're serious about this kinda thing, we do EVERYTHING to prevent this, hell they helped us with these extra prevention methods after our last troubles, yet it happened. I think if anything comes of it, they will go easy on us.

Agreed 100%. The university has been fully cooperative and it'd still be up to the NCAA to prove that money was exchanged and I'm not sure they could. I feel way better than I did last night. I seem to remember there being a lot more to the Cam Newton story than this and NCAA let Awbarn go. Hopefully this goes away.