• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dexel vs. AZ @MSG

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be able to watch this one; I'll be on a flight back to AZ (PHX) for my elk hunt. But I'll be checking the box scores. I'm sure Miller will have these guys focused on Drexel. Looking for a good game of AZ Basketball, and it won't matter what Drexel does. Stay out of foul trouble, limit turnovers, take high percentage shots, make free throws, and maintain defense. Lets get to the championship!!:suds::yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 5 games in the first 11 days of the season this 8 day layoff seems like forever. In the meantime I am watching Miles Simon broadcast the Colorado vs Harvard game atm. Crimson are up 19-14 early. Should be a good game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CU is looking like doo doo at "the great CEC".

Hopefully they can get it together in the 2nd half. Boyle is a good coach, but Amaker is no slouch either. Go Pac!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2-3 zone is giving them grief. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of defensive energy by CU today. Making Harvard look pretty good right now.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2-3 zone is giving them grief. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of defensive energy by CU today. Making Harvard look pretty good right now.

And the "C-u(i)nt" isn't nearly as much of a force.:noidea: Harvard's taking them out of it.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is a young team though. they really only have two upperclassmen in Booker and Dinwiddie. The inexperience has shown thus far in their only two tests this season. But Dinwiddie did say they were the Cream of the Pac I believe, so when are they going to show it?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is a young team though. they really only have two upperclassmen in Booker and Dinwiddie. The inexperience has shown thus far in their only two tests this season. But Dinwiddie did say they were the Cream of the Pac I believe, so when are they going to show it?

Yeah, but Scott and Xavier Johnson from last year have done quite a bit to earn their stripes. I think that Xavier Johnson might still be settling in from a bit of an injury last week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CU is looking like doo doo at "the great CEC".

Hopefully they can get it together in the 2nd half. Boyle is a good coach, but Amaker is no slouch either. Go Pac!!

Remember too that Harvard got back the 2 all-conference players who were suspended all of last season. They beat UNM, and had a pretty good team last year, but they added some really good players to that lineup

Harvard is a legit top-25 team this year. No doubt about it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado will be a good team come conference play but I just can't see them beating us this year. We have too much size inside and their perimeter defense is poor. Personally, I think Oregon has the second best team in the Pac followed closely by UCLA.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvard is good team i don't think anyone doubts that. I would say Harvard is a legit top 35 or top 40 team though. Their is a lot of good college basketball teams this season.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado will be a good team come conference play but I just can't see them beating us this year. We have too much size inside and their perimeter defense is poor. Personally, I think Oregon has the second best team in the Pac followed closely by UCLA.

UCLA is easily the second most talented team. Oregon is a legitimate threat to us in the Pac, they are for real

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is easily the second most talented team. Oregon is a legitimate threat to us in the Pac, they are for real

I wouldn't necessarily say that UCLA is clearly better than Oregon at this point. I think they're both really good teams and both can beat us on any given day. Both teams have guys that can score; Young and Adams are lighting it up for both teams right now averaging 26.7 & 22.3 ppg respectively. UCLA has the size with the Wear twins plus Anderson and Oregon seems to be more guard oriented. I think with Oregon it's gonna come down to how the team gels in the long run seeing that they lost some key players from last year and have some transfers. Regardless, I consider both UCLA & Oregon equal threats.

Last edited by a moderator:

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't necessarily say that UCLA is clearly better than Oregon at this point. I think they're both really good teams and both can beat us on any given day. Both teams have guys that can score; Young and Adams are lighting it up for both teams right now averaging 26.7 & 22.3 ppg respectively. UCLA has the size with the Wear twins and Oregon seems to be more guard oriented. I think with Oregon it's gonna come down to how the team gels in the long run seeing that they lost some key players from last year and have some transfers. Regardless, I consider both UCLA & Oregon equal threats.

I think Oregon is better than UCLA. I was just saying on a pure talent basis, UCLA is #2 in the Pac behind Arizona of course

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'll buy that Harvard is a legit top 25 team, but I kind of thought that CU would be, also (at least knocking on the door). And CU might. But I thought that they would put up a tough fight for 2nd in the Pac, and I just don't think they are quite there. I think that Oregon, is a top 25 team, and maybe UCLA and CU are in that third tier, as a fringe top 20 team. Although right now, I would put my money on UCLA to do better this year than CU. Might end up like:

1.AZ
2.Oregon
3.UCLA
4.CU

I wonder who will challenge CU for that #4 spot. Cal/Stanford/ASU?

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU an Cal are looking pretty tough right now.. some big games in the next two/three weeks for those two teams, a real chance to prove themselves before conference play