• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Rangers GDT:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier had another strong game. A week and a half ago I was pretty much done with Andy Greene and tonight he was a monster. I thought Elias looked off tonight, Josefson looked good but had no supporting cast, and we are blocking shots all over the place.

I would still like to see a little more chemistry on the fly. I feel like we've had very few positive outcomes with our odd man rushes this year. We create enough of them but it seems like they think too much, too much hesitation and forcing passes.

Outside of Nash I wasn't really impressed with anybody on the Rangers (yeah Kreider scored but that was literally the only thing he did).

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Loved the pass by Elias on that first goal. Top shelf Henrique, with Henrik looking the other way.
He ended their season and started this one up against them.

Clarkson on a roll.

Marty excellent in net.

Again, no discipline in 1st. Zubrus takes some goofy lazy penalties. He's gotta stop.

I thought Kovy had some nice setups. Zajac has to shoot there in the 3rd.
But, we say the same thing to Kovy. I like passing too, but when you got a prime time shot, let it rip.

Gionta looks like he enjoys playing the Rangers.

Butler played good.

Barch can go. Replace him with Teds.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not trying to sound like a coach, but I still think this team hasn't played a full 60 minutes of hockey yet. Even against Boston, they sat on the lead in the 3rd way too much and it burned them. They will get better.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amped some things could have been better but beating the rags I can't complain

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Elias always has a 3 point game when he looks off.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Elias always has a 3 point game when he looks off.....

He had points for sure, but still lost some battles I thought he should have won, didn't backcheck the way he usually does and looked tired at times. Obviously I'm nitpicking.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they weren't at 100% but the Rangers really did look bad lastnight. Their team D is not what it was, they have no depth up front and outside of 2 or 3 guys they just looked flat out bad.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had points for sure, but still lost some battles I thought he should have won, didn't backcheck the way he usually does and looked tired at times. Obviously I'm nitpicking.

I'm not disagreeing, just saying a 3 point game is good anytime. Great when its off night.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah real solid game except for the last half of the 3rd. 3 goal leads are the most dangerous (thanks maven)

i agree some players need to be a little more selfish with the puck. kovy/zajac/elias all had great chances after getting nice passes but tried to pass 1 more time. just shoot it!

powerplay get the puck to the net and it goes in! look at that!

rangers looked really bad....anyone go last night? what was the split in the stands?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice Butler a ton, but he did create a nice odd man rush, he's got a lot of speed. Give him another game or 2 and I think he could be very effective.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They did look bad. Not the cup favorite and Eastern conference champ many picked them to be.
I was never sold on them. They live and die with Henrik, even with the addition of the newest savior Nash.

Richards who was their savior last year was a non factor yesterday.
Gaborik was MIA.

There is panic over there. You can tell by the trades they are making and the comments by Torts to the media.
I am sure the espn posters are going nuts making excuses and blaming players, the coach, anything.
Eventually if they keep losing, they will listen to dump telling them stories about the kids in the minors and how better days are ahead.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Butler was ok. He made a nice pass on that 2 on 1. He seems to fit in.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
butler played really good. he can fly and he was all over the place esp on the back check and on the d end of the play. wonder why he didnt get a start out of the gate?

o dump! was just over there reading him yapping. with all that talent on the team they really should go after torts. he wont get canned this year but who knows if its a 1st round KO.

then again look at the kings last year. they slept through and made playoffs on last day.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butler played really good. he can fly and he was all over the place esp on the back check and on the d end of the play. wonder why he didnt get a start out of the gate?

o dump! was just over there reading him yapping. with all that talent on the team they really should go after torts. he wont get canned this year but who knows if its a 1st round KO.

then again look at the kings last year. they slept through and made playoffs on last day.

In the Kings defense they had a ton of injuries and guys playing at less than 100% most of the year. They were an 8 seed, but had the talent of a top 3 seed. The Rangers are missing Cally and Girardi, but even with those guys in the lineup they have no depth.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
granted i havent seen a ton of their games i will watch tonight cause i think the islanders should destroy them.

but whats the SportsHoopla (pun intended) around hagelin/stepan all flash no sizzle it seems.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granted i havent seen a ton of their games i will watch tonight cause i think the islanders should destroy them.

but whats the SportsHoopla (pun intended) around hagelin/stepan all flash no sizzle it seems.

I think it was Stepan that had a wide open shot on the PP, Marty was on the ground out of position and the guy completely choked, couldn't get the shot off. I kept hearing Hagelin's name but it was always a weak shot attempt. I don't want to take the Rangers lightly because I feel like they have the potential to go off if they get everything going, but I could also see them struggling big time.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they remind me of the way the devils played in the late 90s. they played to win games 2-1. and it cost us big time when it mattered most. sens and pens in the 1st round ko's. cant always count on keeping the other team to 1-2 goals.