• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco Fan Confessional

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may confess any unpure Bronco fan thoughts here.

I confess I never liked Bill Romanowski - or is wife - or their vitamin sales. He was a 49er for cripes sakes. He played dirty and bulked up on PEDs. He could make plays. I'm happy to say the Broncos don't have anyone on the roster - who would come close to Bill Romanowski as a rascal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confession is I hated the Bradley Roby pick when we made it. On this board I remember reading on the 49ers board how much they were hoping their team would draft this kid and I remember discussing with them what in the world it was about this kid that they liked? I mean I watched plenty of times it looked like his technique was down right terrible, his attitude didn't always look that great, and of course some red flags. Now I'm starting to think other than Von Miller Bradley Roby might be Elway's best pick. I think Roby when given the chance to fully start will become a super star in this league. I honestly think he could be better than Talib or Harris.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confession is I hated the Bradley Roby pick when we made it. On this board I remember reading on the 49ers board how much they were hoping their team would draft this kid and I remember discussing with them what in the world it was about this kid that they liked? I mean I watched plenty of times it looked like his technique was down right terrible, his attitude didn't always look that great, and of course some red flags. Now I'm starting to think other than Von Miller Bradley Roby might be Elway's best pick. I think Roby when given the chance to fully start will become a super star in this league. I honestly think he could be better than Talib or Harris.
One of, if not the lest favorite, Bronco of mine. Sorry, Crash.

I didn't like the Elway signing as President. I heard too many stories of him sitting around Cheery Creek Country Club playing cards and drinking with his friends. I didn't think he would put in the work necessary. Plus, I didn't like other rumors about his divorce with Janet.

Obviously I was wrong on how he would do as a builder of a championship team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of, if not the lest favorite, Bronco of mine. Sorry, Crash.

I didn't like the Elway signing as President. I heard too many stories of him sitting around Cheery Creek Country Club playing cards and drinking with his friends. I didn't think he would put in the work necessary. Plus, I didn't like other rumors about his divorce with Janet.

Obviously I was wrong on how he would do as a builder of a championship team.

My mom said that she met Elway a few times as she lived in Denver and managed a pizza place he frequented. She said he was a big time jerk every time he came in. She is still a Bronco fan even with that experience but it is more she cheers for the Broncos to succeed more so than see Elway succeed.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kellen Winslow Sr. is a better TE than Sharpe could ever want to be
bigger stronger better blocker hands as soft as Shannon's
His one man performance against MIami might never be duplicated

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Dan Reeves - his teams were tough - played their hearts out, but how I hated his offense and play calls. It was three quarters of uninspired runs to the middle of the line and then in the 4th quarter - Reeves would leave it up to John Elway to make plays to win the game. In fact, it was over the issue of the conservative play calls for three quarters - that Mike Shanahan the offensive coordinator and John Elway got caught conspiring to call their own plays. Shanny caught the first bus out to Oakland the next season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at some of these.

Especially the Roby and Sharpe one's. :)

But I give ya credit for admitting it.

Hmmmm, lets see what I can come up with.

I feel like I have always been pretty vocal about my likes and dislikes of the team, so not much hidden to talk about.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one for ya.

This is back a ways as it was when I was younger yet still hardcore into the NFL draft. Didn't have as much film as I have now. This was before the MO days so I probably haven't talked about it.

I hated the Dan Williams pick, only because back when I was a kid I didn't want the "small" school players because I hadn't seen or heard much about them in college.

I hated the Tommy Maddox pick because we had John Elway and I wanted a DB or WR, QB was too boring back then for me.

I didn't hate the John Mobley pick but I was let down when we drafted him. It was about the time I really started to break down draft film on players and watched non stop college football. When we selected Mobley, draft info on small school guys wasn't out as often as it is now. I remember being impressed with him in the Blue/Gray game (god I miss that SR bowl played on Xmas day), but I was sorta let down because other then the Blue/Gray game I had never seen Mobley play and that game was the first I had ever seen him in. (He killed the game though). He grew on me rather quickly and I ended up getting his jersey and loving the guy. John Mobley is also a big reason why I stepped my small school scouting up a few notches after we selected him. To like picks like that more I was going to have to get familiar with the John Mobley's of the draft world. Shortly after that, I fell in love with Jason Taylor as a prospect.

I started watching the draft in 2nd grade and loved the first Bronco pick we ever made in my draft watching time (Mike Croel), after that I seemed to be disappointed for years.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As much as I liked having Shannon Sharpe on the Broncos as a player, I thought he was about as bad as I have ever seen on a pre-game show.

I was so nervous before the Super Bowl this year that I just shut off sports networks until about a half hour before the Super Bowl started. Something about hearing people talk about it for two weeks makes me even more nervous then I already am. I generally don't care to listen to the opinions of others on sports networks either talking about the game because I feel I have my own opinion and it is either the same or different a theirs. :)... I am more of a news/highlights type of guy... Not a fan (other then in here) of hearing other peoples opinions when it comes to football. I often bite my lip when discussing sports outside of this forum. (Not Bronco related but there is a sports confession).

I have said this before but I will admit it again. When we signed Kansas CB Chris Harris, I was much more excited about Rutgers CB Brandon Bing and Michigan CB James Rodgers. Rodgers lasted about 2 weeks, Bing barely lasted until PS, and Chris Harris is one of the top CB's in the NFL.

As a kid I nearly cried when we traded Vance Johnson for Gary Zimmerman, only to get Johnson back a few weeks later.

I'm glad we didn't give up on Brandon McManus. I've never seen a kicker go from so bad to so good that quickly.

I have a Bubby Brister jersey (mic drop)

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time, a couple of years ago during the Fox and Del Rio regime, I thought we would lose the game we were playing, and it was still the first half. I said as much in the game thread, and we went on to win. I'm sorry.

:L

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the mic drop for the Bubby Brister jersey, DC! LOL!!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time, a couple of years ago during the Fox and Del Rio regime, I thought we would lose the game we were playing, and it was still the first half. I said as much in the game thread, and we went on to win. I'm sorry.

:L

Oh.......I didn't know those counted.

Ya I did that a lot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at some of these.

Especially the Roby and Sharpe one's. :)

But I give ya credit for admitting it.

Hmmmm, lets see what I can come up with.

I feel like I have always been pretty vocal about my likes and dislikes of the team, so not much hidden to talk about.

Roby just had me worried for 2 reasons...

1) Some red flags that while not as bad as some showed a small pattern of a guy that needed to grow up. Just worried especially coming onto a team with a guy like Talib who has a history and still seems to love to go party that he might be lead down a bad path.

2) I saw more athlete than technician in his game at Ohio State. Which I guess you could say is true of a lot of College kids coming out but just worried because of the immaturity that he would struggle to develop into the player we needed him to be.

I'm very glad I was wrong on this one.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who my favorite pick was...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.......I didn't know those counted.

Ya I did that a lot.

Okay, I know I've not always been the nicest guy to you, but this right here is as funny as it gets. I'll try harder to play nice this year.:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I know I've not always been the nicest guy to you, but this right here is as funny as it gets. I'll try harder to play nice this year.:suds:

Remember Duffman's reverse psychology about ripping the team apart and saying they stood no chance of winning the Super Bowl worked out great for us. We should start worrying when he starts thinking we are a great team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to confess.........I've never been able to "Hate" the Broncos. No matter how hard I try, I can't hate them, even when they've beaten the Patriots. Now I feel like I should go to church.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby just had me worried for 2 reasons...

1) Some red flags that while not as bad as some showed a small pattern of a guy that needed to grow up. Just worried especially coming onto a team with a guy like Talib who has a history and still seems to love to go party that he might be lead down a bad path.

2) I saw more athlete than technician in his game at Ohio State. Which I guess you could say is true of a lot of College kids coming out but just worried because of the immaturity that he would struggle to develop into the player we needed him to be.

I'm very glad I was wrong on this one.

I know. I am just givin ya a hard time.

I loved Roby at OSU and he was my favorite DB in the draft the year we selected him which is rare for us to get my favorite DB in the draft. :)

Just more shocked he panned out since I am usually wrong. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Mike Shanahan when he was the HC, and I like him even less now ..

He's quite possibly the most overrated figure in NFL history

I do admit that he was perfectly suited for the 'Skins though, with his stop sign red face and green hair

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Mike Shanahan when he was the HC, and I like him even less now ..

He's quite possibly the most overrated figure in NFL history

I do admit that he was perfectly suited for the 'Skins though, with his stop sign red face and green hair
I agree post Elway pretty average but he did bring us the great Alex Gibbs

Here is a great stat that illustrates how denver under shanny started fast , boat raced the other teams to a playoff berth then usually a 1 round loss most times in a non competitive fashion

Only one time since 1998 (post Elway) , in 2005 , did shanahan's team finish the final 12 game of the season over .500 . Common knowledge says most teams game plan the previous 4 games which is why they use the final 12 games for this stat.
However Not sure how many times the last game of the year did not mean much
Still a mediocre result To say the least