• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco Fan Confessional

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a confession - I voted for Springstein for poster of the month - not because he deserved it, but because he doesn't like it when I do that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Tim Tebow could be trained into a championship NFL Quarterback. John Elway may have been in denial about it for lots of reasons, but Tim Tebow had that certain thing - an intangible - that John Elway had - he could make all the other players believe something would happen and they would win.

It would have been winning ugly, but I think it could have been done.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a Tommy Maddox Rookie football card thinking he was going to be the man and Elway was going to get traded to the Redskins because Dan Reeves and Elway just see eye to eye. I actually thought Tommy Maddox was going to be a good QB. I also confess that I can't stand Peyton Manning and still can't stand him and don't think he is as great as many ohers do. Oh wait you all knew that. I like this thread. Very nice Mingo. Peace.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cried - several times - after Terrell Davis hurt his knee and never made it all the way back.

In an alternate universe - Terrell Davis doesn't get hurt - and Mike Shanahan becomes the most famous coach of all time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confess - I continued to root for the great Willie Brown - even after the Broncos traded him to the Raiders and off to his HOF career. There was no internet in those days, but I do remember telling my sister - that I was rooting for the Broncos, but also Willie Brown on the Raiders - and she looked at me like football was way to complicated for her to sort out.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a confession:

As a kid, I loved The Bay City Rollers

what, not a big deal you say ??

well, I still do

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S A T U R D A Y Night !!!

platforms-1.jpg

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The little things in life that I get upset with. :)

I was pissed when Denver cut Darcel McBath. I tweeted Elway that he made a huge mistake. (Yeah, I was one of those fans for a moment, but I just couldn't help myself.)

I wasn't happy when we selected Deltha O'Neal. (even though I sorta acted like it, Yet, I was because he as a CB, but not the guy I really wanted.
The pick grew on me early in his career. I really wanted Florida WR Travis Taylor that year, who flopped anyway.

I prayed in church every Sunday for half a year that we would select Ed Reed. Now I have learned there are more important things to pray for. (Or are there? ;))

I was happy when Dan Wilkinson failed his physical for us when the Dolphins traded him to us for a 7th round pick. Only because I am a draft pick slut.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Mike Shanahan when he was the HC, and I like him even less now ..

He's quite possibly the most overrated figure in NFL history

I do admit that he was perfectly suited for the 'Skins though, with his stop sign red face and green hair

I like Shanny and always will as he won two super bowls here, but he was about 3 years too stale when we finally got rid of him.

I've never been more irritated with someone who doesn't change thins that are broken. His stop gapping the DL and S position drove me insane!!!!!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bummed for a year when Jay Cutler left and I'm still a closet Cutler fan. Kyle Orton was my least favorite Bronco of all time.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you already got my confessions.

I had thought/hoped Tebow could be an NFL QB.
I do not have hatred for Cutler and wish him the best unless the broncos are involved.

Who wants to confess to liking the old brown and yellow uniforms? Anyone?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you already got my confessions.

I had thought/hoped Tebow could be an NFL QB.
I do not have hatred for Cutler and wish him the best unless the broncos are involved.

Who wants to confess to liking the old brown and yellow uniforms? Anyone?

I don't have hatred for Cutler but I definitely hated the pick. Coming off a season where we should have made it to the Super Bowl and Jake Plummer was looking like our best QB since Elway I hated that we wasted a top pick on a QB when we really could have bolstered our defense. When we traded up I thought it was pretty obvious that we were working to get Haloti Ngata. We had a hole at the NT position and the guy looked like a force.

Honestly I thought if we made the Ngata pick we became Super Bowl favorites for the next couple of years. Instead that was when our team started its steep fall into the bottom feeders of the NFL.

Again no hatred towards Cutler as I did think he would become a great QB under Shanahan. I'm glad now that he didn't become our QB of the future as not sure I could handle a player that comes off quite like he does. Very excited to see the fire and passion of Lynch on the field. From what I understand at practices so far he has been a ball of energy that really brings people towards him.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shanny and always will as he won two super bowls here, but he was about 3 years too stale when we finally got rid of him.

I've never been more irritated with someone who doesn't change thins that are broken. His stop gapping the DL and S position drove me insane!!!!!

Travis McGriff ??

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confess that I was ecstatic when the Nuggets drafted Nikoloz Tskitishvili. I was certain that Skeeta was going to turn into the next Dirk Nowitzki.

Wait, this is about the Broncos? Never mind, then. I've never been wrong about the Broncos. :heh:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confess that I was ecstatic when the Nuggets drafted Nikoloz Tskitishvili. I was certain that Skeeta was going to turn into the next Dirk Nowitzki.

Wait, this is about the Broncos? Never mind, then. I've never been wrong about the Broncos. :heh:
I will admit it is hard not to get excited about Jamaal Murray. Been watching a bit more of him and man can that kid shoot. They were showing how he was left handed growing up but his dad wanted him to shoot right handed so in turn he can shoot great with both hands now. Don't know many players in the world that can shoot better than most with either hand.

If nothing else the Nuggets should be a bit more exciting this next year especially if they can bring Dwayne Wade along for the ride. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about him being added as it does seem to be more he would take minutes away from Mudiay and Murray but then again as I said earlier on this board maybe the Nuggets are finally going to take advantage of the altitude and just going to run teams like crazy and just keep subbing every 5 minutes to get fresh legs on the floor.

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to admit that I thought that Skeeta was going to be a star and Nene, who we also picked up in that draft, would lead the Nuggets to multiple championships.

High, my name is Bruce and I'm a pathetic Nuggets fan.

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was young I used to read Denver's draft guide over and over. That was Street & Smith's college magazine. I think they a little bit more these days on the draft.

We would take either players who we had no chance of signing (Dick Butkus) or players the NFL wouldn't even draft. That all changed with the merger. I always hated Al Davis but I'm not sure that we would have an early team in this dusty old town without him because he scared the NFL.

I got a chance to meet Willy Brown. He was on his lunch break because in the early years the players had off-season jobs. His was at Burt Chevy. I wonder if Von Miller will get a fast food job after he signs his mega contract?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was young I used to read Denver's draft guide over and over. That was Street & Smith's college magazine. I think they a little bit more these days on the draft.

We would take either players who we had no chance of signing (Dick Butkus) or players the NFL wouldn't even draft. That all changed with the merger. I always hated Al Davis but I'm not sure that we would have an early team in this dusty old town without him because he scared the NFL.

I got a chance to meet Willy Brown. He was on his lunch break because in the early years the players had off-season jobs. His was at Burt Chevy. I wonder if Von Miller will get a fast food job after he signs his mega contract?

I would be still high from meeting Willie Brown. Great story!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at some of these.

Especially the Roby and Sharpe one's. :)

Since it's slow.

Curious why you are "shaking your head". When you really break it down, there is a like to like in both players. Depends what you want in a TE even in today's NFL.

Having seen both in person for 4-5 years in their prime , I prefer the 6-5 250 TE that can run like a deer, hands of glue , can block over the oversized WR playing TE . He was a mismatch in Red Zone (5 TDs in one game) and his performance in MIA in 1982 might have been the single greatest performance by a skilled player evah in a playoff game because he also blocked the game winning kick to deny MIA.

Like Terrell Davis, Winslow's career was cut short but he had over 80 catches and 1000+ yards 3 times in 9 years vs Sharpe's 3 times in 14 years and had more receptions and TDs in his 9 years vs Sharpe in his first 9 years.

1st TE ever to lead the league in receptions kinda of the start of the TE being the focal point in high octane offenses.