• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decline of a Great Franchise

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Patriots in decline? Are we witnessing the end of a truly great professional football era?
Let’s look at the overall picture of the last 15 years:
2000 – 2005
2001 – Superbowl win
2003 – Superbowl win
2004 – Superbowl win
2006-2010
2007 – Superbowl loss
2010 – Superbowl loss
2011 -2013
2012 – AFC Championship loss
2013 – AFC Championship loss
That brings us to 2014. Because they had so many injuries in 2013 and those players were expected to come back fully healthy. 13 players had been moved into starting positions in 2013 and that meant depth, quality depth across the roster. The season starts with a stunning beat down in Miami. The excuse is the heat and the offense being out of sync. Two wins against weak sisters pumped up the believers and the team hit the road for what everyone thought might be a tight game and most thought the Pats would squeeze out a win. Instead they got stomped. Week 5 brings a viscious defense and a fleet of quick receivers with an undefeated Cincinnati Bengals team. All things being equal, the Patriots will be 2-3 after this weekend and then they face the Jets.
So what’s really happening? Bob Kraft lost his conscious when his late wife Myra passed away. He’s got a six foot 20 something year old hanging off his arm. The team has taken a back seat to other interests. Johnathan Kraft still has to go through dad to get anything done. Then comes Bill Belichick. Mr. My Way or The Highway. The man who’d rather have 3 draft picks in round 2 and 3 rather than Clay Matthews or Keenan Allen. It’s become a “Value” excuse every time something doesn’t work out……like trading Logan Mankins. Most important is that never once has Belichick said….”My Fault”, “I screwed up”. It’s always easier to say that “we” didn’t play up to our ability. “We” made critical mistakes at critical moments. This past week he kept two wide receivers inactive and had 6 running backs active for KC. If your only going to run the ball 19 times, why do you need six running backs? Was the game plan blown up with one KC score? The defense stopped them on their first drive and that Patriots offense came out throwing.
I’m not sure this team is in total decline, I believe that it’s time for a younger more aggressive head football coach…………..Not Josh McDaniels.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals were 3-5 on the road last year. If NE beats them Sunday night, the loss at KC won't seem nearly as meaningful as it seems to be to some.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The short answer is yes when you look at the NFL at large...imo every great franchise will have a down period...just the way the NFL is set up...not for long is very true.

Now...in the DIV, imo NE is still the best team until proven otherwise...MIA, got them in game 1, but after the 16 are played the Pats will be at the top of the DIV imo.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, all's good but why on earth would you sweat who Kraft's fucking?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Weis and Romeo Crennel (Texans D coach) were available....I hope we'd "get the band back together." But not one report has ever come out say the Pats had any interest. Why? My guess is because BB has himself surrounded by yes men and doesn't want to be challenged.

I do feel bad for Brady. A man who is team first guy. He's repeatedly taken less $$ so the team can put guys around him. What has he gotten in return by BB and management....a big FUCK YOU. Not only do they trade away Brady's guys....but they get replaced by less talented guys. It's fucking ridiculous. The Pats have never gone all in to win a SB. I have full respect for the Broncos for doing so.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Weis and Romeo Crennel (Texans D coach) were available....I hope we'd "get the band back together." But not one report has ever come out say the Pats had any interest. Why? My guess is because BB has himself surrounded by yes men and doesn't want to be challenged.

I do feel bad for Brady. A man who is team first guy. He's repeatedly taken less $$ so the team can put guys around him. What has he gotten in return by BB and management....a big FUCK YOU. Not only do they trade away Brady's guys....but they get replaced by less talented guys. It's fucking ridiculous. The Pats have never gone all in to win a SB. I have full respect for the Broncos for doing so.

+1 on every point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care....I care that he doesn't appear to be as interesated in this team and every time I see him, I see his new squeeze in the clip.

Kraft seem to be distracted to me and is just letting this franchise choke itself to death.

What's even more interesting is Brady's new conference today. He was asked if his surrounding cast is less than good. He stated "We'll see". Basically to most everyone within earshot he was saying "YES". Every sports outlet is just beside themselves trying to spin this thing in whatever direction will get the most mileage. I wonder what Kraft is thinking....if he's even seen it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB needs his head examined and step back from the team (I don't mean actually stepping down) but take a step back re-evaluate this team and his moves and all the roles he has and put the team first.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm not heading out to brag about the Pats but the ship jumping some of you cats appear to be endorsing gives credence to the myriad of shit they say about spoiled Pats fans.

I say we owe them a season; they've earned that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Ken you wanna say Kraft's more interested in womanizing than winning titles then fair enough but you said "Bob Kraft lost his conscious when his late wife Myra passed away" and that seems a tad over the top.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have benefited from playing in the dreadful AFC East.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer - You have to admit that this year the Patriots look completely flat and just as easily could be 0-4 as they are 2-2 right now.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you recall, they could have easily started out 0-3 last year as each of the first three wins were eked out.

I know they don't look all that great right now but some of you cats are shitting all over the coach and owner AFTER FOUR FUCKING GAMES!

Give me a season or two of this and maybe I'll join you. As it stands, these cats have given us unparalleled success for a long time and I think we owe them just a shred of allegiance.

Let's beat Cinci and try to turn this thing around. If we lose to Cinci, let's root for a win the next week~

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how any Pats fan can blast Kraft or Belichick. The Pats have had a run that any major sports team would give a right arm for. Sports is cyclical by nature, and though the Pats are not the powerhouse they once were, I certainly would not throw in the towel and start writing the Pats obituary.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can fuck whatever he wants but don't sit on a pile of cash and then bitch about what a lousy product that is on the field. That's what pisses me off about Bob.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you recall, they could have easily started out 0-3 last year as each of the first three wins were eked out.

I know they don't look all that great right now but some of you cats are shitting all over the coach and owner AFTER FOUR FUCKING GAMES!

Give me a season or two of this and maybe I'll join you. As it stands, these cats have given us unparalleled success for a long time and I think we owe them just a shred of allegiance.

Let's beat Cinci and try to turn this thing around. If we lose to Cinci, let's root for a win the next week~

Terrible play calling... Drafting has been terrible the last few years.. Where's the great second half adjustments BB is so "good" at... Yes, it's been 4 games but in those 4 games have you seen the Patriots make ANY adjustments coming out of halftime that they are known for making? I certainly haven't.

I'm not writing this team off, just saying they aren't that good this year.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can fuck whatever he wants but don't sit on a pile of cash and then bitch about what a lousy product that is on the field. That's what pisses me off about Bob.
aren't they $11-mill. under the cap too....??,......our local radio-station up here [98.5/felger-n-mazz] are always laughing at their ''cap-friendly'' ~phantom~ I$$ues....!,...and we're hearing that the krafts this year just $unk about $30-mill. into their properties they own [patriot-place?].

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't they $11-mill. under the cap too....??,......our local radio-station up here [98.5/felger-n-mazz] are always laughing at their ''cap-friendly'' ~phantom~ I$$ues....!,...and we're hearing that the krafts this year just $unk about $30-mill. into their properties they own [patriot-place?].

Yet they claim money is an issue and do not resign players.