• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Death Rate (0-24)..

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's that Sky Blue line riding the baseline.

The geriatric university presidents should be the one's sacrificing, not the kids.

PLAY BALL!!!

View attachment 250188
Lots of things to consider though. There's these newly discovered heart issues that young people are experiencing after contracting the disease.

IU football: Brady Feeney's mom posts about his COVID-19 diagnosis

And the fact that this is all happening pre-kids coming back to campus. All the instructors, coaches and staff around these athletes.

The other problem is 14 day quarantines when kids start getting infected; and they will start getting infected. How do you plan a season around two week breaks where kids can't play or practice? Or whole groups of kids? It just isn't practical right now and it hasn't been for months unless the numbers were controlled. If Justin fields gets sick, is it really fair to trot OSU out the next Saturday to play without their starting offense?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!!

That is Dr. Ngozi Ezike, The director of the Illinois Department of Public Health.

You're a gullible flaming idiot, in complete denial of anything that doesn't meet an 'Orange Man Bad' narrative.

and you missed the point, it wasn't about the speaker.....youtube videos and tweets are not where you find truth.....you're right im gullible for sticking to EBP, studies, peer reviewed journals etc........the things I was taught matter.

You're gullible, because regardless of your rebuttal here. We know most of your info comes from those sources.......or at best MSM

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep using these stats like it matters. All it takes is one dude to test positive while at practice to shut the whole thing down for two weeks. And if that one infected dude goes to a party with a bunch of other dudes, then it spreads. It would be, will be, impossible to hold a season in between guys sitting out and games being canceled. Baseball can barely do it with paid athletes and about 1/3 the roster to maintain.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep using these stats like it matters. All it takes is one dude to test positive while at practice to shut the whole thing down for two weeks. And if that one infected dude goes to a party with a bunch of other dudes, then it spreads. It would be, will be, impossible to hold a season in between guys sitting out and games being canceled. Baseball can barely do it with paid athletes and about 1/3 the roster to maintain.
Would you rather that happen to a player while at home with no controls and testing in place or on campus? Also funny how we are making blanket statements on what players should be doing when it should be their choice...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather that happen to a player while at home with no controls and testing in place or on campus? Also funny how we are making blanket statements on what players should be doing when it should be their choice...
I'm assuming their at home safety depends on what and where their home is. If someone is coming from a farm house in Nebraska where all they do is help their parents on a farm; then no, they won't be safer on a college campus. If someone is coming from The heart of Detroit...probably.

But ultimately, playing or not playing the sport isn't entirely about safety but logistics. Can a schedule happen around quarantines? What does that look like? Are we even playing meaningful football at that point? All it takes are small outbreaks to basically shut down entire teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet you use a blanket statement about no controls or testing in place? ..........

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming their at home safety depends on what and where their home is. If someone is coming from a farm house in Nebraska where all they do is help their parents on a farm; then no, they won't be safer on a college campus. If someone is coming from The heart of Detroit...probably.

But ultimately, playing or not playing the sport isn't entirely about safety but logistics. Can a schedule happen around quarantines? What does that look like? Are we even playing meaningful football at that point? All it takes are small outbreaks to basically shut down entire teams.

I understand but the other side of it is why not put stringent testing controls in place and afford players the chance the play if that is what they want to do? While the MLB has paused certain games with positive tests, they move on with the other games. Is it perfect? Nope, but it is better than nothing. Heck, even the NHL is figuring out ways to make it work. You really think something like cfb which is a billion dollar industry is just going to throw the towel in without doing anything first? There is too much money and passion at stake for that to happen.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet you use a blanket statement about no controls or testing in place? ..........

Are you insinuating that most players living at home have access to more stringent controls and testing than a cfb player at Pitt or Michigan?

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they leave the math up to your efforts to figure out, is the first indication they're being manipulative.

I've had to do the same here. The health dept announces "80% medical and surgical bed occupancy". OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
You have to get information elsewhere to figure out that less than 5% of those are actually Covid patients.
The rest are accidents, elective surgeries, poisonings, shootings, stabbings, etc..

Elective surgeries were shut down for 3 months. They were backlogged huge. Of course hospital bed usage spiked when we opened back up and electives were allowed again.

The mainstream media knows the general population that is enchanted by "The Bachelor" and "Dancing With the Stars" type shows are too lazy or too stupid to do the math themselves.
That is the hospitals that were able to stay open. There were closures because of not enough patients to keep the doors open. Yeah that stem the tide worked. There are now communities that have no hospitals.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insinuating that most players living at home have access to more stringent controls and testing than a cfb player at Pitt or Michigan?
Are you insinuating u know the testing protocols on campus?

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't going to be football.

Deal with it.

Too bad there's no solution.

NBA-TIERS-4x3-1.png

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you insinuating u know the testing protocols on campus?
Nope, I am insinuating that universities such as sPitt and Michigan should have way more stringent protocols and testing in place than some player chilling at home whether it be in Norfolk, Va or somewhere in Podunk, USA.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I am insinuating that universities such as sPitt and Michigan should have way more stringent protocols and testing in place than some player chilling at home whether it be in Norfolk, Va or somewhere in Podunk, USA.
hence why i said your using a blanket statement.....

likely yes, do you know for sure, no.

professional sports had all these protocols too, and guys are getting it while with their teams, and weren't at home........just throwing it out there........

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but the other side of it is why not put stringent testing controls in place and afford players the chance the play if that is what they want to do? While the MLB has paused certain games with positive tests, they move on with the other games. Is it perfect? Nope, but it is better than nothing. Heck, even the NHL is figuring out ways to make it work. You really think something like cfb which is a billion dollar industry is just going to throw the towel in without doing anything first? There is too much money and passion at stake for that to happen.
College doesn't have the recovery time. Unless you're going to have a healthy team play on Saturday, and then like a Wednesday makeup game for a team coming off a quarantine, it just doesn't work. You have a 12 week schedule right now with two bye weeks. Adding any more and you're talking about playing games closer to Christmas, through New Years.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myocarditis and cardiomyopathy can happen with any viral infection. Including the common cold corona and influenza.

And??? So many in this thread think I had some court of agenda when I posted this. I was just delivering what a concern might be. I’m 100% for them playing. Regardless of all this shit.

Reactions: 006

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And??? So many in this thread think I had some court of agenda when I posted this. I was just delivering what a concern might be. I’m 100% for them playing. Regardless of all this shit.
Didn't mean to shoot the messenger. :suds: