• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daytona speedweeks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the first year the twin races are in the night?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty dillon is in the 500.

Junior car look scary good

Would be amazing for him to win B2B.

So HMS starting 1-3 on Sunday

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty dillon is in the 500.

Junior car look scary good

Would be amazing for him to win B2B.

So HMS starting 1-3 on Sunday

Yea, his car looked real good. And damn if JR and Gordon didn't hang Kahne's cheese out in the wind there at the end.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Amirola finished 20th but his speed was already locked in by virtue of being one of the fastest cars earlier in the week.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about 36* here so its about 40 at the track.. that just sounds miserable to me ... I wouldnt sit in the stands on a night like that with the wind chill from the cars every min or so... noooo thanks!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jimmy wins the 2nd one and Daniker comes back to finish 10th. She's in.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your shit together, Hamlin.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danica is such a drama queen

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well. Poor Danica can't drive a car when someone is "too close".
This is for you jeffro and I am sure this is Hamlin's fault. lol.

Danica Patrick and Denny Hamlin had a heated exchange following the second Budweiser Duel Thursday at Daytona International Speedway.

Patrick was running eighth and in position to qualify for the Daytona 500 when her car broke loose and spun around. Hamlin was directly behind Patrick and video replays showed he never contacted the rear of Patrick's Chevrolet. But Patrick was upset with Hamlin, feeling he took the air off her No. 10 machine.

Immediately after the race, Patrick stepped out of her car on pit road and walked directly over to Hamlin, grabbing him by the lapels. The two had the exchange listed below. Toward the end of their back-and-forth, Tony Stewart, Patrick's car owner, joined the conversation.

This was second time the two have had an on-track run this week, with Hamlin drifting into Patrick during practice Wednesday. The contact caused her to crash, severely damaging her primary Daytona 500 car. Hamlin took full responsibility for the incident, which forced Patrick to a backup car for Thursday's duel.

The conversation on pit row was recorded by SB Nation as it happened:

Patrick: "You did the same f***ing thing in practice and this happened. You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "I didn't hit you. Honey, I did not touch you."

Patrick: "You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "I did not touch you."

Patrick: "You get on my left-rear and it spins me out. You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "You gotta tighten up it, Danica. Listen. Listen to me."

Patrick: "Tighten what up? No one else do I have a problem with out there."

Hamlin: "No one has your back like I have. Stop! Listen to me. I gave you an extra two feet..."

Patrick: "You gave me nothing. It spun my backend around."

Hamlin: "I understand, but it's because you're loose. It's not my fault if you're loose, Danica."

Patrick: "No else did it to me."

Hamlin: "No one else is getting close to you. But, we have to get close to you to get you going forward. To get you going forward, I have to get close to you. I know it got you loose, but I didn't hit you."

Patrick: "You spun me out just like in practice."

Hamlin: "I understand."

Patrick: "When I looked in my rearview mirror and you were right here (gesturing with hands where Hamlin was positioned). You weren't here, you were here."

Hamlin: "Absolutely. You were loose entering the corner so you went up the race track..."

Patrick: "Denny. ... It happened twice. The same person, the same way."

Hamlin: "Guess what? I didn't hit you either time."

Patrick: "Well then you apparently don't have to actually hit me. I like you Denny, you're my friend. I don't understand."

Hamlin: "I know. I get it. But does that mean, ‘Oh my god, she's loose I can't run next to her?' What should I do?"

Patrick: "It just means don't be up my ass on my left corner in (a corner)."

Hamlin: "So don't get close to you with three laps to go?"

Patrick: "You did it on the straightaway (during Wednesday practice) and you did it in a corner that time. Both times and the exact same result."

Hamlin: "I just won't get close to you. I understand now."

Patrick: "You can get close. I'm sure everybody gets close. But you don't need to turn me. That's what it did."

Hamlin (heavy sigh): "I know it did."

Patrick: "All it did was get my backend tight and then it went around."

Hamlin: "I totally get it, but it's something you'll have to work on."

Patrick: "Are you doing it with every other car?"

Hamlin: "I pushed the 78 (Martin Truex Jr.) through the corner."

Stewart (interjecting): "That's two this week, bud."

Hamlin: "Tony, I never touched her. I never touched her. What do you want me to do, not run close?"

Stewart: "You need to watch the video of it."

Hamlin: "Do you not want me to run close? I mean come on, man."

Patrick: "You don't need to get so close it turns me."

Hamlin: "I'm friends with you and her. Stop this shit, man."

Patrick: "I like you, I just don't understand."

Stewart: "That ain't going to fly."

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well. Poor Danica can't drive a car when someone is "too close".
This is for you jeffro and I am sure this is Hamlin's fault. lol.

Danica Patrick and Denny Hamlin had a heated exchange following the second Budweiser Duel Thursday at Daytona International Speedway.

Patrick was running eighth and in position to qualify for the Daytona 500 when her car broke loose and spun around. Hamlin was directly behind Patrick and video replays showed he never contacted the rear of Patrick's Chevrolet. But Patrick was upset with Hamlin, feeling he took the air off her No. 10 machine.

Immediately after the race, Patrick stepped out of her car on pit road and walked directly over to Hamlin, grabbing him by the lapels. The two had the exchange listed below. Toward the end of their back-and-forth, Tony Stewart, Patrick's car owner, joined the conversation.

This was second time the two have had an on-track run this week, with Hamlin drifting into Patrick during practice Wednesday. The contact caused her to crash, severely damaging her primary Daytona 500 car. Hamlin took full responsibility for the incident, which forced Patrick to a backup car for Thursday's duel.

The conversation on pit row was recorded by SB Nation as it happened:

Patrick: "You did the same f***ing thing in practice and this happened. You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "I didn't hit you. Honey, I did not touch you."

Patrick: "You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "I did not touch you."

Patrick: "You get on my left-rear and it spins me out. You did the same thing."

Hamlin: "You gotta tighten up it, Danica. Listen. Listen to me."

Patrick: "Tighten what up? No one else do I have a problem with out there."

Hamlin: "No one has your back like I have. Stop! Listen to me. I gave you an extra two feet..."

Patrick: "You gave me nothing. It spun my backend around."

Hamlin: "I understand, but it's because you're loose. It's not my fault if you're loose, Danica."

Patrick: "No else did it to me."

Hamlin: "No one else is getting close to you. But, we have to get close to you to get you going forward. To get you going forward, I have to get close to you. I know it got you loose, but I didn't hit you."

Patrick: "You spun me out just like in practice."

Hamlin: "I understand."

Patrick: "When I looked in my rearview mirror and you were right here (gesturing with hands where Hamlin was positioned). You weren't here, you were here."

Hamlin: "Absolutely. You were loose entering the corner so you went up the race track..."

Patrick: "Denny. ... It happened twice. The same person, the same way."

Hamlin: "Guess what? I didn't hit you either time."

Patrick: "Well then you apparently don't have to actually hit me. I like you Denny, you're my friend. I don't understand."

Hamlin: "I know. I get it. But does that mean, ‘Oh my god, she's loose I can't run next to her?' What should I do?"

Patrick: "It just means don't be up my ass on my left corner in (a corner)."

Hamlin: "So don't get close to you with three laps to go?"

Patrick: "You did it on the straightaway (during Wednesday practice) and you did it in a corner that time. Both times and the exact same result."

Hamlin: "I just won't get close to you. I understand now."

Patrick: "You can get close. I'm sure everybody gets close. But you don't need to turn me. That's what it did."

Hamlin (heavy sigh): "I know it did."

Patrick: "All it did was get my backend tight and then it went around."

Hamlin: "I totally get it, but it's something you'll have to work on."

Patrick: "Are you doing it with every other car?"

Hamlin: "I pushed the 78 (Martin Truex Jr.) through the corner."

Stewart (interjecting): "That's two this week, bud."

Hamlin: "Tony, I never touched her. I never touched her. What do you want me to do, not run close?"

Stewart: "You need to watch the video of it."

Hamlin: "Do you not want me to run close? I mean come on, man."

Patrick: "You don't need to get so close it turns me."

Hamlin: "I'm friends with you and her. Stop this shit, man."

Patrick: "I like you, I just don't understand."

Stewart: "That ain't going to fly."

Cute. Both TV and Radio guys were saying it was bump drafting gone wrong, yet the haters such as yourself still want to blame her. We've seen it happen dozens of times now, you can't hit the car in front of you on the left corner in a turn, it's going to spin the car out every time.

Watch the video if you want or don't it makes no difference, it proves that Hamlin did nudge her just enough to pull the car around. The video is on Nascar's official YouTube account and even the title is "Hamlin spins Patrick late". I guess Nascar got it wrong in your opinion as well.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danica and Denny's incident was just like what went down with Harvick and Logano in the Unlimited. If you are tucked so far under a car going into the turn, the car in front is going to have difficulty turning if their aero flow is disrupted.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against Danica, but Denny is pretty much right - they need to fix her car. Obviously the setup is too loose if someone getting near your rear end spins you.

We all know the draft works by reducing drag, and of course that loss in drag also means a loss in downforce on the rear spoiler. So what's happening is they've got the setup so loose that when she loses that downforce, she spins.

And beyond that, even if you want to blame Denny, it's your car being spun and you can fix it. It's not uncommon for cars to get sucked around at other tracks, but it's all a result of a loose setups getting too loose. You run on the edge for speed too far, and that is the price you pay.

I think I'm taking her out of my fantasy lineup.

Unless I'm missing something.