• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Wright expects changes to the Mets

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Wright spoke to Mike Francesa on WFAN on Monday and said he is eager and expects to see his team make additions this winter to be better in 2014.
“Well, for me, like most Mets fans, I’m pretty impatient,” Wright said. “That’s just me. Sandy Alderson is probably tired of hearing from me, checking in to see if there is anything I can do. Obviously, for us, the off-season has started out slow.”
Wright said he’s always willing to talk with potential free-agent signings about life in New York, playing for the Mets, in front of Mets fans and answer any questions they may have about the direction of the franchise.
“We can go on and on about the depth of our starting pitching,” Wright said. “Now it’s about getting pieces around them to make them even better, to score runs earlier in the game so they don’t feel they have to be perfect.”
Wright, who talked with Francesa for 10 minutes, also said:
  • The most proud moment of his career so far is being named captain of the New York Mets.
  • Citi Field plays big, but it has not derailed his career, though it has certainly taken away from him a few home runs.
  • Last winter, while negotiating a contract extension, he never really considered eventually leaving the Mets as a free agent.
  • He wants his legacy to be the leader of a winning team.
To listen to the full interview, check this page on WFAN.com.

Metsblog | Latest News, Rumors and Opinion about the Mets

I wish I could be as optimistic as him, but this front office hasn't proven us patient fans otherwise, yet.