• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Correa NOW To Mets

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why I redid this but thought it was odd. MarinersBestFan beat me to it on the original Correa thread. Nice work. Crazy stuff.

Jon Heyman of The New York Post reports that the Mets have agreed to a 12-year, $315 million contract with Carlos Correa after his reported deal with the Giants fell through.​

It's an overnight stunner. Correa was originally expected to be introduced as a Giant on Tuesday, but something came up with his pre-signing physical which caused the deal to fall apart. This gave Steve Cohen the opening he needed to make yet another big splash, though it's important to note that this new deal is also pending a physical. “This really makes a big difference,” said Cohen. “I felt like our pitching was in good shape. We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.” This is obviously a devastating turn of events for the Giants and their fans, who thought they had landed a true "face of the franchise" player. Correa will now serve as the Mets' starting third baseman alongside fellow countryman Francisco Lindor. The new deal will push the Mets' payroll to the $380 million range for 2023, but Cohen doesn't seem to mind as long as he puts a winning team on the field.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should sign a 1 yr deal with the Mariners for $25mil just to show the rest of the league how easily he can hit 28 bombs - 85 rbi and hit for .285 avg. Then he can sign for the long term deal with whoever after winning a WS ring w/ Seattle :thumb:
lol M's sign a guy for $25M.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Mets and shortstop Carlos Correa are "working through" a medical issue after his physical with the team apparently showed the same right leg concerns which nixed a deal with the San Francisco Giants earlier in the week, a source confirmed to ESPN.

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Degenerative. bone around fracture . End up like Bo Jackson .

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Degenerative. bone around fracture . End up like Bo Jackson .
Is it leg or hip? I didn't read what the actual injury was.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it bad enough where he couldn’t DH and play the field every now and then? Even with the Bo Jackson injury he still could’ve played better defense than Winker and can hit better than Lewis

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“While Correa missed time early in his MLB career with a back injury, multiple league sources said the Giants had concerns about an ankle injury he suffered while in the minor leagues,” writes Pavlovic. “In 2014, when he was a 19-year-old prospect with the Houston Astros, Correa injured his leg on a slide into third base in a High-A game. The Astros later announced that he underwent surgery on a fractured right fibula and a ligament.”

and this

According to Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes of The Athletic, the trepidation stems from a fractured right fibula Correa suffered as a 19-year-old minor leaguer in 2014. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair the fracture and minor ligament damage and has not missed any time since due to issues with his right leg. It’s wild to me that something from so long ago is raising eyebrows now, but I guess that’s what happens when teams are looking to finalize deals that run longer than a decade.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“While Correa missed time early in his MLB career with a back injury, multiple league sources said the Giants had concerns about an ankle injury he suffered while in the minor leagues,” writes Pavlovic. “In 2014, when he was a 19-year-old prospect with the Houston Astros, Correa injured his leg on a slide into third base in a High-A game. The Astros later announced that he underwent surgery on a fractured right fibula and a ligament.”

and this

According to Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes of The Athletic, the trepidation stems from a fractured right fibula Correa suffered as a 19-year-old minor leaguer in 2014. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair the fracture and minor ligament damage and has not missed any time since due to issues with his right leg. It’s wild to me that something from so long ago is raising eyebrows now, but I guess that’s what happens when teams are looking to finalize deals that run longer than a decade.
Oh. I thought it was an infectious condition that Correa where pro ball general managers try to give him bloated, stupid contracts that any normal executive would regret for decades... I think it's called 'Bonilla Syndrome' and has been shown to strike the same vulnerable demographics.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I thought it was an infectious condition that Correa where pro ball general managers try to give him bloated, stupid contracts that any normal executive would regret for decades... I think it's called 'Bonilla Syndrome' and has been shown to strike the same vulnerable demographics.
Buyers remorse times 2...so far.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why I redid this but thought it was odd. MarinersBestFan beat me to it on the original Correa thread. Nice work. Crazy stuff.

Jon Heyman of The New York Post reports that the Mets have agreed to a 12-year, $315 million contract with Carlos Correa after his reported deal with the Giants fell through.​

It's an overnight stunner. Correa was originally expected to be introduced as a Giant on Tuesday, but something came up with his pre-signing physical which caused the deal to fall apart. This gave Steve Cohen the opening he needed to make yet another big splash, though it's important to note that this new deal is also pending a physical. “This really makes a big difference,” said Cohen. “I felt like our pitching was in good shape. We needed one more hitter. This puts us over the top.” This is obviously a devastating turn of events for the Giants and their fans, who thought they had landed a true "face of the franchise" player. Correa will now serve as the Mets' starting third baseman alongside fellow countryman Francisco Lindor. The new deal will push the Mets' payroll to the $380 million range for 2023, but Cohen doesn't seem to mind as long as he puts a winning team on the field.
One of my best friends works for Steve Cohen's hedge fund Point72 and based on everything she has told me about the culture there and the checks he cuts to retain top talent, none of this surprises me. She has been in dozens of meetings with him and he is absolutely ruthless and will spend whatever necessary to be the best.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my best friends works for Steve Cohen's hedge fund Point72 and based on everything she has told me about the culture there and the checks he cuts to retain top talent, none of this surprises me. She has been in dozens of meetings with him and he is absolutely ruthless and will spend whatever necessary to be the best.
Yeah but if this is the case then look for Cohen to be suspended from MLB for some reason soon. The baseball owners aren’t going to stand for it and in no way are going to allow this to continue. Which is ironic because the last CBA the players were complaining that owners were suppressing their wages.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if this is the case then look for Cohen to be suspended from MLB for some reason soon. The baseball owners aren’t going to stand for it and in no way are going to allow this to continue. Which is ironic because the last CBA the players were complaining that owners were suppressing their wages.
Can an owner really be suspended for spending so much? He has to pay like $100m in luxury taxes which I imagine is a pretty substantial punishment in itself.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can an owner really be suspended for spending so much? He has to pay like $100m in luxury taxes which I imagine is a pretty substantial punishment in itself.
Not for spending too much, but they can definitely have Manfred not overlook other stuff. Other owns for sure will like the “free money” but it is only going to make it worse for the cheaper owners when it comes to the next CBA along with local issues. Pure speculation on my part but I bet some issue is going to pop up with the Mets and Padres organization front offices within a couple of years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3