• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it would be be worthy to make a new thread just for him.

I'm happy we got him, and we even waited longer than I would have chanced it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it would be be worthy to make a new thread just for him.

I'm happy we got him, and we even waited longer than I would have chanced it.

May have gone in the 3rd or with our 1st pick in the 4th, not sure if the DUI had any affect or whether he dropped at all or if he did. I like him where we got him and I have some enthusiasm he could be a good NFL QB. I preferred him over Cook or Hack or some of the others that werent Goff or Wentz.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Cook after he dropped so much. I am OK with Prescott and kind of expected him as much as they were tied to him. My concern: accuracy. Most important thing for a QB IMO. He seemed to lack it a little, but we'll get a much better idea when we see him in our Offense. Loved the quote I read that called him a winner and said the only reason the team was in a lot of their games was due to him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved Dak. Leader. He does have some apologizing to do to Romo. He killed him on Twitter after the redskin game a few yrs ago.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the later qb's I was looking either Dak or Hackenburg so it's good with me.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we only focus on the positives, he seems to be tough and he can move reasonably well. He may have a bit of Russell Wilson in him but he's going to need to do plenty of work to get there.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to make Prescott feel welcome! For a very successful business man, this man says some dumb shit, often!

Cowboys' Jerry Jones: 'I probably should've overpaid' for Paxton Lynch

By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

April 30, 2016 9:57 pm ET

In a matter of hours since selecting Dak Prescott as the first candidate to evolve into Tony Romo's eventual successor, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has already admitted that he preferred two players not named Dak Prescott to serve as the quarterback of the future.

For one, Jones admitted that he wanted to grab Connor Cook before the Raiders foiled his plans. Then he opened up about his desire for Paxton Lynch, who the Broncos snagged in the opening round Thursday night. Jones had already confirmed the Cowboys' interest injumping up to pick Lynch, but he expanded on that interest after the draft wrapped Saturday night.

Jones apparently can't sleep at night.

He also regrets not overpaying for Lynch.

Instead, the Cowboys ended up with Prescott, using the 135th-overall pick. Prescott will now be given a chance to earn a "Harvard degree" in quarterbacking behind Romo, as Jones loves to call it.

Meanwhile, John Elway is (probably) definitely calling Jones on his direct line -- bypassing Stephen Jones -- to offer Lynch for the price of five first-round picks, Dez Bryant, and a lifetime supply of free tickets to any and every event at Jerry World.

USATSI_jones_430.jpg
Jerry Jones didn't sleep after missing out on his first-choice quarterback prospect. (USATSI)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By drafts end, I wonder how make drinks he had in him.
I was literally gonna post the same thing. I wonder how many folks in the Cowboys organization cringe when a reporter comes around and they know Jerry is half lit up with Johnnie Walker:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was literally gonna post the same thing. I wonder how many folks in the Cowboys organization cringe when a reporter comes around and they know Jerry is half lit up with Johnnie Walker:L
The :L draft day interviews are when they start asking Jerry about particular players or needs and he gives way too much of their plans away either overtly or other times if you listen closely and read between the lines. He just can't shut the fuck up and You can just see the pain on Stephen and Garrett's faces

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have exactly zero expectations for Dak. As far as I'm concerned he is the next Jameil Showers. Same size, nearly identical abilities, both will have been given the same chances here.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I think he can play some. He has some accuracy issues at times but it's not like he had the greatest WRs at Miss.St. I saw him put that team on his back more than once. He just needs to apologize to Romo for his social media gaff a few yrs back. Ha

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this earlier. Big shout out to PDay on his support of Dak long before he was drafted. Maybe the front office knew what they were doing in this draft after all.
It never means anything when certain positions look well playing without pads, so I don't think much about these early reports. But with a QB I do think you can get a little bit of a feel for the guy. Can he learn the playbook, can he make the throws strongly and accurately, etc. Now real test is what does he do with 300lbs coming right at him. But we have time for that. Would be awesome to see Dak win the #2 spot, but as long as he progresses and looks like a player I'll be happy.