• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OL and defense as well. I think our overall defensive talent is highly overrated. I think we have a great talent in Micah who gets double and triple teamed most plays and a corner in Diggs who can match up one on one with #1 receivers and those two make everyone around them better than they really are. I think Tank, Big Hank and Osi are quality players and Bland could be a good #2 corner, but other than that, the D is super across the board
Losing Diggs and LVE was big. The big mistake was not trying harder to fill the LB core. Once Overshown went down it like they did zilch to add depths. LVE goes down and they bring in a washed up scrub instead of spending on a difference maker. They need to find somebody to man the middle LB between Clark and Overshown. Quinn proved you lose games by running that scheme full time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so when I was criticized for stating Quinn wasn’t blameless in a lot of our troubles I wasn’t wrong?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Diggs and LVE was big. The big mistake was not trying harder to fill the LB core. Once Overshown went down it like they did zilch to add depths. LVE goes down and they bring in a washed up scrub instead of spending on a difference maker. They need to find somebody to man the middle LB between Clark and Overshown. Quinn proved you lose games by running that scheme full time.
That's 100% right. Jerry talks about going "All In" now. How the Hell can you go all on when you have to pay Dak, Micah and Lamb? The time to go all in was a year ago when Micah and Lamb were on their rookie deals and freaking Roquan Smith was out there. It would have taken the pick that ended up being Mazi Smith to bring him here. How would that have looked

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I’m old because I remember when Oklahoma used to win. How the hell do they let Arizona score the last 25 points of the game and bitch slap them out of a win in even the Alamo Bowl? The Alamo Bowl :L
The Lebby Sweep. If you don't know what that means, then you don't pay attention to OU football. Which is why you can't answer you're own question. This also ins't the dig you think it is as your statement shows you don't pay any attention to college football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lebby Sweep. If you don't know what that means, then you don't pay attention to OU football. Which is why you can't answer you're own question. This also ins't the dig you think it is as your statement shows you don't pay any attention to college football.
I think I know exactly how Oklahoma Football has done. Pro Tip...it's been a while. I wonder what Billy Sims is up to, heck it can't hurt to ask

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure looks the blessing part today. I think DQ knew he no longer could be selective if he wanted another NFL head spot.
Good point, although he is going into a situation where there is low pressure and low expectations. Probably a few years of job security. The Commodes suck right now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so not a Dak bash. I've always liked him, always thought he was a good player. The reports I'm seeing say that based on the Burrow contract, the percent to increase over that, the cap going up, and the fact that Dak went for max money the first time around that Dak is going to ask for $60 million per year. If that is the number, I think resigning him would be nothing short of insanity. There is no way we win a Super Bowl giving a good but not great player $60 million per. None. Zero

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so not a Dak bash. I've always liked him, always thought he was a good player. The reports I'm seeing say that based on the Burrow contract, the percent to increase over that, the cap going up, and the fact that Dak went for max money the first time around that Dak is going to ask for $60 million per year. If that is the number, I think resigning him would be nothing short of insanity. There is no way we win a Super Bowl giving a good but not great player $60 million per. None. Zero
The front office screwed up by not signing Dak sooner the last time.

I like Dak as well,but that is a lot to pay when you consider how he has played in the playoffs.

They showed Dak on camera prior to kickoff against Green Bay. He had that "Deer in the headlight" look on his face before the game even started.

The only way the Cowboys get to a NFC Title game with Dak is to fix the run offense and run defense. They need a dominate run game or they are not doing anything in the playoffs.

We are clearly at a crossroads with Dak. He has come up small in the playoffs several times.

I think giving in to Daks demands would be a mistake.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I can agree with. If he's gonna reset the market, let him play in 24 and eat the cap hits in 25 and 26.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Dak nor Micah will even consider a home team discount now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Dak nor Micah will even consider a home team discount now.

Micah will command $35M per minimum. It will take $30M for Lamb. If Dak were to get $60M, that's half the elevated cap to 3 players. The other half would have to be split between 50 players. Good luck

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office screwed up by not signing Dak sooner the last time.

I like Dak as well,but that is a lot to pay when you consider how he has played in the playoffs.

They showed Dak on camera prior to kickoff against Green Bay. He had that "Deer in the headlight" look on his face before the game even started.

The only way the Cowboys get to a NFC Title game with Dak is to fix the run offense and run defense. They need a dominate run game or they are not doing anything in the playoffs.

We are clearly at a crossroads with Dak. He has come up small in the playoffs several times.

I think giving in to Daks demands would be a mistake.
He bet on himself. Didn't come out smelling like a rose. He needs to understand this and not go max deal or bust. If he can't well sux but we gotta cut ties.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless resigned, Dak will be off the books after 2025
Correct. The corner they are in is that they are currently $8 million over the cap even after it went up by $30 million. They could cut some contracts, rework some deals and make it work, but it would be tight this season.
If they were going to part ways after this season, trading him now would make a ton of sense...except...Jerry gave him a no trade clause SMH. I thought making deals was supposed to be the one thing Jerry was good at lol

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless resigned, Dak will be off the books after 2025
what I read he will still have dead cap as of 2026 (11mil)
but he will get resigned. So it is a moot point.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I read he will still have dead cap as of 2026 (11mil)
but he will get resigned. So it is a moot point.
It is a moot point. They are resigning him. It's just opinions as to whether or not it's the right call. But there has been zero doubt they were resigning him since they gave Dak so much leverage on his last deal. Dak should become a GM when his QB days are over. Even the Seahawks GM didn't bend Jerry over this badly when he got two firsts for Joey Galloway