• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is not THE problem, and he's not good enough to carry a team.
FEW ARE.

All these years, and I say entitlement is still the number one problem.
.this isn't cause of Dak OR McCarthy.

IT'S STILL THE COWBOY CULTURE.
I 100% agree with your first sentence on both parts, which is why I couldn't give him $50 million plus. I don't care if it's the going rate.
I also agree on the Cowboys Culture. It's a mess

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is not THE problem, and he's not good enough to carry a team.
FEW ARE.

All these years, and I say entitlement is still the number one problem.
.this isn't cause of Dak OR McCarthy.

IT'S STILL THE COWBOY CULTURE.
Totally agree. Dak is not going to be Brady or Mahomes. They need to try and fix the run offense and run defense if they keep Dak. They don't have enough picks to fix both. They could double down on OL in round one and two . then maybe go after the best run stuffing LB in FA.

They seriously need to consider signing Henry to a short deal. This is what I would do. It sounds crazy to do that,but I see real value at OL and receiver in this draft. It would also help if they door dashed some big Mac's to Mazis front door.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak IS the problem. Dude did good all year and then shit his pants as soon as the big lights came on, same as Romo.
Until the girls find a QB that isn't afraid to play in big games, get use to losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak IS the problem. Dude did good all year and then shit his pants as soon as the big lights came on, same as Romo.
Until the girls find a QB that isn't afraid to play in big games, get use to losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.
Dak is a solid starting QB, that can't be debated. The only question is, can you pay 20% of your cap to one player if he can't elevate the talent around him. If that answer is no, then you are better off going younger and cheaper at QB and spreading an extra $40 million a year in players around the roster. But Dak is a good player

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with your first sentence on both parts, which is why I couldn't give him $50 million plus. I don't care if it's the going rate.
I also agree on the Cowboys Culture. It's a mess
Well you either roll the dice a rookie, or pay a QB the going rate.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a solid starting QB, that can't be debated. The only question is, can you pay 20% of your cap to one player if he can't elevate the talent around him. If that answer is no, then you are better off going younger and cheaper at QB and spreading an extra $40 million a year in players around the roster. But Dak is a good player
here's the problem with thinking like this.
You're saying you're willing to take steps backwards, with a playoff caliber team. Because that is what will happen if we decide to recycle the QB position.
If you have a franchise QB, you pay him. Unless you are going to completely reset the team.
As far as Qbs that can carry a team. I can think of Mahomes & Peyton. Other than that. You need a defense to do their job. Period. Even the great Brady had a defense to win with.

We dont lack in offense. Which is the only thing of the three facets he can control.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying you're willing to take steps backwards, with a playoff caliber team. Because that is what will happen if we decide to recycle the QB position.
If you have a franchise QB, you pay him. Unless you are going to completely reset the team.
As far as Qbs that can carry a team. I can think of Mahomes & Peyton. Other than that. You need a defense to do their job. Period. Even the great Brady had a defense to win with.

We dont lack in offense. Which is the only thing of the three facets he can control.
Man I just disagree. First, the rookie would have a much more talented team around him. $40 million a year is four $10 million a year players or two $20 million a year players. Tony Pollard is an example of a $10, Lamb a $20.
This was the same argument I heard 4 years ago. I said take Jordan Love(who was available) and let Dak walk. Love is already better than Dak, as the playoff game proved. It is not a given we would take a step back, especially with McClay around.
I also think with an even better cast, Lance would do fine. Lance wasn't beaten out for the Niner job. He lost it because of injury. He was the starting QB. He has a stronger arm than Dak and is far more athletic

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just disagree. First, the rookie would have a much more talented team around him. $40 million a year is four $10 million a year players or two $20 million a year players. Tony Pollard is an example of a $10, Lamb a $20.
This was the same argument I heard 4 years ago. I said take Jordan Love(who was available) and let Dak walk. Love is already better than Dak, as the playoff game proved. It is not a given we would take a step back, especially with McClay around.
I also think with an even better cast, Lance would do fine. Lance wasn't beaten out for the Niner job. He lost it because of injury. He was the starting QB. He has a stronger arm than Dak and is far more athletic
Well.
We definitely disagree.
Lance did lose his job, because he wasnt as good, just draft pedigree allowed him to start the season.
Lance will never be our starting (my prediction) & if he was. We are definitely taking a step back.
Also I would still hold the phone on Love. He has about a half of a season of good football so far. To me he is still an unknown.
While you believe it is as simple as recycling the QB position every 5 years. I believe for every CJ Stroud, there is a shit ton of Rick Mirers out there. We arent drafting in the top 5. we will be drafting in the 20's.
Since Aikman. Our only good starting QBs have been guys we were looking for as back ups (Romo & Dak) Anytime we draft to be "the guy" you want. We get Quincy Carter.

As long as you are trying to get to a superbowl & you have a franchise QB. You keep that guy. Strengthen the team around him. You get rid of that guy if you are starting over.
There is less elite Qbs in the league than you have fingers on one hand. Which is what you are asking for. Go get that elite guy to improve the QB position over the franchise guy.
You wishing for that is like me wishing for the dominate defense. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.
We definitely disagree.
Lance did lose his job, because he wasnt as good, just draft pedigree allowed him to start the season.
Lance will never be our starting (my prediction) & if he was. We are definitely taking a step back.
Also I would still hold the phone on Love. He has about a half of a season of good football so far. To me he is still an unknown.
While you believe it is as simple as recycling the QB position every 5 years. I believe for every CJ Stroud, there is a shit ton of Rick Mirers out there. We arent drafting in the top 5. we will be drafting in the 20's.
Since Aikman. Our only good starting QBs have been guys we were looking for as back ups (Romo & Dak) Anytime we draft to be "the guy" you want. We get Quincy Carter.

As long as you are trying to get to a superbowl & you have a franchise QB. You keep that guy. Strengthen the team around him. You get rid of that guy if you are starting over.
There is less elite Qbs in the league than you have fingers on one hand. Which is what you are asking for. Go get that elite guy to improve the QB position over the franchise guy.
You wishing for that is like me wishing for the dominate defense. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not.
I said Jordan Love...and I don't get paid. The Cowboys found Dak in the 4th round, Romo as as UFA. If Jerry told McClay he could draft a QB in round 1 or 2, im betting he could find someone solid. Can't be scared of change

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Jordan Love...and I don't get paid. The Cowboys found Dak in the 4th round, Romo as as UFA. If Jerry told McClay he could draft a QB in round 1 or 2, im betting he could find someone solid. Can't be scared of change
We as fans seem to get so hypersensitive after a playoff loss.
Dak went from MVP candidate to we need to move on from him & he's not good enough in the span of one game.
That is a crazy concept to me.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could go either way but the topic seems pointless if Jerry's term for "all in" is the same as everyone else.

Now...could & would Dak play team ball like two year extension for 90m

combined with the 59M for 24...it becomes 150 for 3 years with team friendly 80M guaranteed.

This seem like the best fans could expect. Turn the tables on Dak and be the side thinking shorter term this time around.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lance shows he MIGHT be the future you're probably gonna pay him too without any real evidence what he is.
this is where pro football is getting in QB contract problem hell. One season at just the right time puts a teams back against the wall.

There are a boat load of extremely well paid, franchise paid guys for championships.

are the chargers expecting more from Herbert and his contract?

how bout Buffalo?

whats Cousins fair market number?

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he's a good QB during the season. Like I said, he shits himself when the playoffs come around. This last season he was one of the top QBs, then when the playoffs came he looked like a freshman QB who's never played in big games. So either he is a great QB and threw that game on purpose, or he is a good QB during season and useless in the playoffs. Question is, which one do you want to believe. Dallas has made a lot of changes over the past 3 years, different coaches, coordinators, players, and yet they still come out at the end of the year the same. But if you look, what hasn't changed, QB play, its the same. So either the rest of the team is the problem, or the QB is. You can love Dak all you want, he is a good QB no doubt, but he isn't the answer to Dallas' playoff woes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this does make one year in a row

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We as fans seem to get so hypersensitive after a playoff loss.
Dak went from MVP candidate to we need to move on from him & he's not good enough in the span of one game.
That is a crazy concept to me.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. :suds:
I'm good with that my friend. All I will say is that while Dak was an MVP candidate in the regular season, if you graded the 14 QB's this year that made the postseason on their playoff performance ONLY, he goes from MVP candidate to 12th out of 14....at best