• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dabo not giving ring to Bryant

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a retard would argue he deserves one....

@UCFhonors You've been paged
A majority of people on the CFB subReddit seemed to be saying that it is really petty of Dabo and they should just give it to him because who cares.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm gonna say what the others won't; Fuck Kelly Bryant! He ditched us during the season because he got his feelings hurt. I have no use for the guy. The only time I might enjoy seeing him win will be when they face the coots. So NO, no ring for Benedict.

Now, Tavien Feaster did it right, if you ask me. He transferred preseason and gave us time to adjust. I still say fuck this guy too because it was shitty for him to transfer to UofSC, but whatever. At least the coots have a championship ring on campus now.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio just can’t catch a break

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm gonna say what the others won't; Fuck Kelly Bryant! He ditched us during the season because he got his feelings hurt. I have no use for the guy. The only time I might enjoy seeing him win will be when they face the coots. So NO, no ring for Benedict.

Now, Tavien Feaster did it right, if you ask me. He transferred preseason and gave us time to adjust. I still say fuck this guy too because it was shitty for him to transfer to UofSC, but whatever. At least the coots have a championship ring on campus now.

Hunter Renfrow has really impressed the FO with the Raiders....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is annoying because it has turned into Kelly Bryant quitting on his team. He didn’t complain about not getting a ring. A media member asked Dabo if he got one. Bryant would’ve been stupid to stick around. The writing was on the wall and your window to play college ball is small.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is annoying because it has turned into Kelly Bryant quitting on his team. He didn’t complain about not getting a ring. A media member asked Dabo if he got one. Bryant would’ve been stupid to stick around. The writing was on the wall and your window to play college ball is small.

Because that's exactly what he did. He was offered the opportunity to redshirt and remain on the team then either stay with the team this season or transfer. He chose of his own accord to leave.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Reddit, his post already covered that.
Well it’s the internet covers that as well since we have seen many of them on this website.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's exactly what he did. He was offered the opportunity to redshirt and remain on the team then either stay with the team this season or transfer. He chose of his own accord to leave.
Ya and coaches do it all the time when they are offered a better deal. Bryant did nothing wrong. Risk getting thrown in for a 5th gm and losing a year of eligibility ain’t worth it when the best prospect since manning is infront of you. Common sense

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya and coaches do it all the time when they are offered a better deal. Bryant did nothing wrong. Risk getting thrown in for a 5th gm and losing a year of eligibility ain’t worth it when the best prospect since manning is infront of you. Common sense

Name a coach who has left a program after four games to go coach somewhere else.

If he had desired a redshirt he wouldn't have seen the field the rest of the 2018 season. As the Syracuse game showed, he wasn't really missed all that much.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That crazy, even the band got rings

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a coach who has left a program after four games to go coach somewhere else.

If he had desired a redshirt he wouldn't have seen the field the rest of the 2018 season. As the Syracuse game showed, he wasn't really missed all that much.
Off the top of my head.. I watched Brian Kelly leave an undefeated Cincinnati team to go to Notre Dame before a bowl gm. Spurrier retired because their team sucked his finally season. The next wk he is doing gameday breaking down gms while scar was playing. When a coach leaves he screws over the entire team without even thinking twice(in or out of season). I’m glad you bring up the cuse gm because there is no doubt he would’ve went in when Lawrence went down with that shoulder injury and lost a yr of eligibility because of it

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head.. I watched Brian Kelly leave an undefeated Cincinnati team to go to Notre Dame before a bowl gm. Spurrier retired because their team sucked his finally season. The next wk he is doing gameday breaking down gms while scar was playing. When a coach leaves he screws over the entire team without even thinking twice(in or out of season). I’m glad you bring up the cuse gm because there is no doubt he would’ve went in when Lawrence went down with that shoulder injury and lost a yr of eligibility because of it

After the regular season prior to the bowl game =/= four games into the season.

Spurrier wanted to retire the previous year and AD Ray Tanner talked him into staying one more year. Oh and Spurrier didn't leave to go to another school either. (Now I need to go bathe for defending Spurrier)

Bryant wouldn't have went in the Syracuse game because he would have been in street clothes like everybody else who was redshirting. Just because your coach is a colossal douchebag who puts winning ahead of everything else doesn't mean that our coach is. Ask the highly regarded recruits who commit to Clemson and after being told multiple times not to commit until they are sure end up taking visits elsewhere and have their scholarship offers pulled.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaches get paid millions of dollars a year. Not saying Dabo is wrong but it is a bad comparison.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the regular season prior to the bowl game =/= four games into the season.

Spurrier wanted to retire the previous year and AD Ray Tanner talked him into staying one more year. Oh and Spurrier didn't leave to go to another school either. (Now I need to go bathe for defending Spurrier)

Bryant wouldn't have went in the Syracuse game because he would have been in street clothes like everybody else who was redshirting. Just because your coach is a colossal douchebag who puts winning ahead of everything else doesn't mean that our coach is. Ask the highly regarded recruits who commit to Clemson and after being told multiple times not to commit until they are sure end up taking visits elsewhere and have their scholarship offers pulled.
You don’t see a problem with coaches pushing their team, family, blah blah and then taking off at the first sign of a better deal? It doesn’t matter when it happens. It happens a dozen times a yr. a player took the best option for himself like everybody else does and fans don’t think logically. Bryant leaving was the right move. If in your scenario he actually was in street clothes (I highly doubt that) how much pressure would be on him to suit up the following week if Lawrence wasn’t ready? Leaving eliminates dealing with any bs

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play devil's advocate for a position I don't actually support ( just to provide a contrarian view )

There are lots of people receiving rings from Clemson who did WAY less than Kelly Bryant did to help the team get to the playoff . Should rings be awarded to guys who contributed little to nothing but not a guy who started ( and won ) 4 games at QB?? Dabo himself sports a 1992 national title ring from Bama for contributing basically nothing to that teams title .

Does simply being willing to be a scrub earn you a ring more than starting ( and winning ) 33% of your teams regular season games to help get them to a point where they could win a title ??