• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all your multiple ringed QBs.....they get all the credit, when in reality, they all had great D's, great lines and great running games.

Tom Brady should send Teddy Bruschi a Rolex every year for xmas.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is playing very well. Look at how many times he's avoided sacks with his feet the last few games, moving around and then making a big throw. That takes real skill. There are many QBs that wouldn't be able to do much behind an OL like this. Yeah Cutler is gonna throw a dumb INT from time to time, but this season he has only 4 INTs in 174 attempts. That's very reasonable. He's actually playing smart football overall. His comeback abilities have been on full display the last few weeks. 2 game winning drives, and yesterday he needed only 21 seconds to drive the team into very easy FG range to send it to OT. I think the Bears would've won the game had Fox not gone so conservative in OT. But the ability to drive a team when down with only a minute or so left is another quality you look for in a QB, and Cutler has that. I know the stats say Cutler is a middle of the pack QB so far this season, but sometimes you have to look beyond stats. Watching the games, you can see he's playing above average football. He's not elite, but this guy is a GOOD QB. You only replace him if you're confident you're getting a true franchise QB, and those guys don't just grow on trees. The Bears need to focus on improving the defense right now. I think you can get to a super bowl with Cutler if you give him a good defense.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I now think we could get there with Cutler. He is not elite but he is better then average this year. Not that were getting there this year. But one good draft and a few FA's and next year can be a good one.

How is he better than average this year? His rating is 19th. I realize ratings are imperfect stats, but his performance on the field is sufficiently mixed that I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah Cutler is gonna throw a dumb INT from time to time, but this season he has only 4 INTs in 174 attempts. That's very reasonable.

I know it is a small sample size, but yes he is playing mostly somewhat smarter this year. He currently ranks 20th (out of 36 eligible) in interception rate, which is better than his career total among actives of 25th (out of 30 eligible). I'd say 20th is "reasonable", but it isn't anything that great either. Hi air yards per attempt are 18th out of 34, and hisTD rate is 27th. Yeah nothing that "great".

Look, I think he played this last game a little better, and that was nice. I also realize he's been dealing with an injured WR group, and that's hasn't helped (not that it is stopping some other QBs who actually are great...). But the line's pass blocking has been adequate, not great, but definitely adequate (FO has them ranked 16th, dead smack in the middle).

Let's all hope he keeps getting a little better as he finally did here, and when we played Oakland.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Int in the end zone, was one of many lost opportunities to win the game. Not all on him but cant have those.

Or a missed wide open Forte going down the sideline that would of netted app. 40 yds......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game wasn't Cutler's fault. Sure he missed a few better options but that's par for the course, he played well enough for the team to win, and he only committed one INT, which for him is pretty good (sliding expectations anyone?). He made some nice plays, great throws in places, was fun to see.

The Bears lost this game because 1) they were not good enough to stop the run against a terrible running team (what the heck was going on with the gap control?), 2) they couldn't run well on their own, 3) and their red zone offense sucked (3 out of 8), and 4) a few long passes. It's disappointing, you get into the red zone 8 times, you'd like to come away with more than 3 TDs. 8 red zone trips is a lot of solid driving, they should have won going away. I'm sure no one is happy with the coaching clock management, but fundamentally if they executed better in the red zone that would not have mattered.

I don't know, as you know I was as much an advocate of trying Kyle Long out at tackle, but I am starting to change my mind. His run blocking from tackle is much worse, I think his athletic advantages against DTs doesn't exist against the faster ends and he's sort of mediocre out there. The problem is there's no one to replace him. Ducasse I go back and forth on, one play he makes a great block, the next he looks like a rookie. Leno isn't very good in run blocking either, almost makes me miss Bushrod.

Clock management, the Cutler int and the missed wide open Forte sprinting down the sideline.....(why not include that)?
That was costly......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Oak and KC would constitute him carrying the team.

Cutler is frustrating as is this team as a whole. All I know, is until they get something better, he is clearly our best option, and as Bears fans know all to well, finding a great QB is not an easy thing to do. This is why I have a hard time with the fans that simplify things by saying things like, "Let's just draft his replacement, or Let's take a shot with our Practice Squad QB.

After watching endless shitty QB's at the helm over the last 30 years, I'm not as easily sold on shipping Cutler out. I can't go back to the Peter Tom Willis' of the League.

You will never find one sitting pat either.
How do you know what qb we could have if we keep overlooking the situation.
We all heard/read where the Bears were offering Jay tlast offseason,but no takers...... So I wouldn't say we are satisfied with him.I think it was more of his contract that kept him from other teams wanting him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we played a 21st ranked pass defense/28th ranked total defense......hmmmmmm

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never find one sitting pat either.
How do you know what qb we could have if we keep overlooking the situation.
We all heard/read where the Bears were offering Jay tlast offseason,but no takers...... So I wouldn't say we are satisfied with him.I think it was more of his contract that kept him from other teams wanting him.
That's complete BS... 1) we don't know for sure if the BEARS were offering him up to other teams. We did hear that Pace was going to listen to anyone who came calling... Pace NEVER actively shopped him, his contract was always going to be tricky to move, as it would have for ANY team.
2) When you say, "no takers" it makes it sound like NO team wanted him... and that's BS too. I'm certain about 15 teams would have taken Jay Cutler in a heart beat if his contract wasn't what it is... AND the idea of trading draft picks is difficult for ANY team- I have no idea what a Jay Cutler trade would have brought in draft picks, but I can promise, he wasn't going to be a cheap 5th rounder.

Speak for yourself when you say, "we aren't satisfied with him"... YOU and people like you aren't satisfied with him, because you seem to think everything is his fault- yesterdays game is a prime example. You want to point out the missed pass to Forte... as if that was a HUGE thing? What the hell? Sure, wish they could have made that completion, but you act as if all the "greats" NEVER miss throws or throw picks. You have this in your head that EVERY thing Jay Cutler does or doesn't do is the problem. (*it's not)

There is one major fact that I think you are sure missing here: If not for Jay Cutler...this team is 0-5. Fact.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's complete BS... 1) we don't know for sure if the BEARS were offering him up to other teams. We did hear that Pace was going to listen to anyone who came calling... Pace NEVER actively shopped him, his contract was always going to be tricky to move, as it would have for ANY team.
2) When you say, "no takers" it makes it sound like NO team wanted him... and that's BS too. I'm certain about 15 teams would have taken Jay Cutler in a heart beat if his contract wasn't what it is... AND the idea of trading draft picks is difficult for ANY team- I have no idea what a Jay Cutler trade would have brought in draft picks, but I can promise, he wasn't going to be a cheap 5th rounder.

Speak for yourself when you say, "we aren't satisfied with him"... YOU and people like you aren't satisfied with him, because you seem to think everything is his fault- yesterdays game is a prime example. You want to point out the missed pass to Forte... as if that was a HUGE thing? What the hell? Sure, wish they could have made that completion, but you act as if all the "greats" NEVER miss throws or throw picks. You have this in your head that EVERY thing Jay Cutler does or doesn't do is the problem. (*it's not)

There is one major fact that I think you are sure missing here: If not for Jay Cutler...this team is 0-5. Fact.

Fact is right....... and if not for Jay, we also could've won yesterday too.

You can look at the missed pass to Forte as no big deal, but in reality it was.... fact.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me... are you serious? Jimmy Clausen going to get them into FG range with 21 seconds left?
Hey everyone Wood told a joke today... It's in bold above... So funny.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can look at the missed pass to Forte as no big deal, but in reality it was.... fact.

There are a lot of things you can look at yesterday, and say the Bears would've won if they didn't happen. Including the INT that they took away and ruled was a TD instead, and the bogus roughing the passer call near the end of regulation. I think yesterday was mostly a case of the officials taking a win away from the Bears, along with Fox being too conservative. It was awful that Fox just ran it 3 times instead of really trying to go for a game clinching 1st down. Cutler had a few bad plays, but he did much more good than bad. He played more than well enough for the team to win. This loss is on the officials, Fox and the defense. Hard to complain about the offense when it puts up more than 30 points!

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me... are you serious? Jimmy Clausen going to get them into FG range with 21 seconds left?
Hey everyone Wood told a joke today... It's in bold above... So funny.

In the last 3 games, Cutler has 3 game winning/tying drives. He has been beyond clutch. Some people will never be satisfied.

C

cubzzzfanincali

In the last 3 games, Cutler has 3 game winning/tying drives. He has been beyond clutch. Some people will never be satisfied.

We only needed a game winning drive save in KC because Cutler (and the rest of the offense) sucked in that game. It's great that he succeeded in Drive #12. That drive never happens in an ordinary game where the opponent offense doesn't melt down. It''s Cutler's fault we were even in that situation. Stop lavishing praise unless you can't see what was wrong. He blew a lot of open receivers in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, like not wanting to be in the situation in the first place. Very unreasonable of us, sure.

You are an asshole.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he better than average this year? His rating is 19th. I realize ratings are imperfect stats, but his performance on the field is sufficiently mixed that I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess.
He is better then his average self. And true stats don't tell us much.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO only a few teams Offensive and Defensive ranks are truly accurate this early in the season. Ranks are skewed. For example, going into Sunday's game the Bears D was ranked 4th. In no way are they the 4th ranked D, and after 16 games that will most likely drop. Over the course of 4 or 5 games, I'd say the rankings mean next-to-nothing.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People will be satisfied when the muffed punts turn into 7 points by hitting a receiver on a 10 yard route not hitting the DB in the hip. He didnt hit Jeffrey on a jump ball it was almost a button hook and threw it right where the DB was. The bears should have scored 40 and not have been in the position to even need overtime. What was the average offensive starting position with those two muffed punts, midfield?

Thats all an elite franchise quarterback is supposed to do. Cutler is the poster boy for the new definition of franchise, like rivers, stafford, hoyer.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI... 350+ yards, a game tying drive with 21 seconds left....and you're still not happy? They score 34 points and lose and you still find things to blame Cutler on? You say they should score 40? Could your standards be just a little skewed?
You go on to say that Rivers, Stafford and Hoyer?? are the new definition of franchise QB...but they throw picks, have losing records and have jerkface on the sideline too. And are 2 & 1 win teams too. Why do they get to be called Franchise QB's but Cutler needs to be replaced? You are such a hypocritical wack job. Your posts are all over the place.