• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, am jumping back on the bus. He has played smart and is playing the part of a team leader.

C

cubzzzfanincali

strongly suggest you sign up for the All-22. Just a suggestion. Knowledge never hurts.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Int in the end zone, was one of many lost opportunities to win the game. Not all on him but cant have those.

C

cubzzzfanincali

this game wasn't Cutler's fault. Sure he missed a few better options but that's par for the course, he played well enough for the team to win, and he only committed one INT, which for him is pretty good (sliding expectations anyone?). He made some nice plays, great throws in places, was fun to see.

The Bears lost this game because 1) they were not good enough to stop the run against a terrible running team (what the heck was going on with the gap control?), 2) they couldn't run well on their own, 3) and their red zone offense sucked (3 out of 8), and 4) a few long passes. It's disappointing, you get into the red zone 8 times, you'd like to come away with more than 3 TDs. 8 red zone trips is a lot of solid driving, they should have won going away. I'm sure no one is happy with the coaching clock management, but fundamentally if they executed better in the red zone that would not have mattered.

I don't know, as you know I was as much an advocate of trying Kyle Long out at tackle, but I am starting to change my mind. His run blocking from tackle is much worse, I think his athletic advantages against DTs doesn't exist against the faster ends and he's sort of mediocre out there. The problem is there's no one to replace him. Ducasse I go back and forth on, one play he makes a great block, the next he looks like a rookie. Leno isn't very good in run blocking either, almost makes me miss Bushrod.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Int in the end zone, was one of many lost opportunities to win the game. Not all on him but cant have those.

Ya, Jeffrey said he lost in the lights. Would explain why he didn't even TRY to make a move on it or become the defender.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my issue with Cutler. It's rarely his fault, but he rarely picks the team up and carries it on his back. I am also getting worried about him zeroing in on Jeffery every passing play. He started doing that at Detroit and he will probably continue to. He's been all right this year other than that. What I've noticed about cutler is he is unpredictable. He can go out and throw for 5 TDs, or he can throw 5 picks and anywhere in between. He's all right for now, but if we field a contending team in the next few years I am going to want a better and more consistent QB.

C

cubzzzfanincali

What I've noticed about cutler is he is unpredictable. .

LOL, what tipped you off Sherlock? Yeah you and about 100 million other NFL fans.

Just giving you a hard time. Yeah, I mean it's been the same story forever. But I wouldn't put this one on his shoulders. He was all right out there. He's not an elite guy but he played a good game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my issue with Cutler. It's rarely his fault, but he rarely picks the team up and carries it on his back. I am also getting worried about him zeroing in on Jeffery every passing play. He started doing that at Detroit and he will probably continue to. He's been all right this year other than that. What I've noticed about cutler is he is unpredictable. He can go out and throw for 5 TDs, or he can throw 5 picks and anywhere in between. He's all right for now, but if we field a contending team in the next few years I am going to want a better and more consistent QB.

I would say Oak and KC would constitute him carrying the team.

Cutler is frustrating as is this team as a whole. All I know, is until they get something better, he is clearly our best option, and as Bears fans know all to well, finding a great QB is not an easy thing to do. This is why I have a hard time with the fans that simplify things by saying things like, "Let's just draft his replacement, or Let's take a shot with our Practice Squad QB.

After watching endless shitty QB's at the helm over the last 30 years, I'm not as easily sold on shipping Cutler out. I can't go back to the Peter Tom Willis' of the League.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I would say Oak and KC would constitute him carrying the team.

Cutler is frustrating as is this team as a whole. All I know, is until they get something better, he is clearly our best option, and as Bears fans know all to well, finding a great QB is not an easy thing to do. .

True, but he isn't a great QB either. He's a mediocre one. He is better than any other option on our current roster, sure, and may well be better than the unknown or as-yet-specified draft replacement, but he will not win us a Super Bowl while he is here, and yes, somewhere out there is a replacement that is better than he is. In no way shape or form is there some unwritten law that we cannot do better just because the Bears have a long history of sucky QBs. Unless you are the sort of person that believes in ghosts, in which case, all the best to you, but you can't be helped.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played really well for much of the season. He does have that ONE scratch your head pick each week... but I think that's his gunslinger style. Trusting his arm, and trying to "make a play" He's light years beyond the Jerkface we've seen in the past. And I don't anticipate any more 3+ int games from him.

Everyone always has said: "Jay's never going to be the reason you win"... He's changed that this year. And almost added another yesterday. He IS the reason this team is in and winning games.

For all that want a "more consistent" QB... Who? That's the most difficult thing. With the exception of the top 5 QB's...NOBODY is consistent. I'm positive that you put Flacco, Rivers, Dalton, Eli, ... or anyone similar and many would have just as many complaints about consistency. ALL QB's have bad games, ALL QB's have stretches of poor play & bad defense to limit winning potential. AND we don't have the defense to employ that "game manager" of don't lose the game player. Do you want Alex Smith?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he isn't a great QB either. He's a mediocre one. He is better than any other option on our current roster, sure, and may well be better than the unknown or as-yet-specified draft replacement, but he will not win us a Super Bowl while he is here, and yes, somewhere out there is a replacement that is better than he is. In no way shape or form is there some unwritten law that we cannot do better just because the Bears have a long history of sucky QBs. Unless you are the sort of person that believes in ghosts, in which case, all the best to you, but you can't be helped.

Why do you have to be such a condescending c unt? I can't for the life of me understand why you are incapable of being respectful?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do not get pinpoint accuracy with Jay, he mostly throws it harder to sneak it in a small window. Yesterday the had Royal on an in route in the end zone, he was ahead of the trailing DB, cutler hit the DB in the hip. Maybe he is not used to a receiver making a correct brake, if that was Bellamy or Meridith they would have only gotten that far. It looked like a poor throw. But the other half stops and says, all Royal was supposed to do was a button hook, he was supposed to be stopped and set up when he turned, not kept going. He was open, but that was not what he was supposed to do. Nobody knows what Royal was supposed to do but the coaches and players, but it should have been 7 and they ended up settling for a FG. I mean coming back to get the lead is great, but some of us see the misses that show you should have never been behind to begin with.

As far as the "we are never gonna win with Jay" deal, those are not talking games, those people are talking super bowls.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You mean the ghosts comment? That wasn't directed at you, that was at all Bear fans. I think there's a widespread belief that for some mysterious reason this team will not be able to ever draft a good QB. That's mysticism. Which is - at a very real level - a belief akin to believing in ghosts. The Bears can - and will - someday draft a great, elite QB, when the day comes that the talent is there, the team has solid talent evaluators, and a high-enough draft pick.

Sorry if you took that personally, I meant that more in the collective royal you, not you specifically.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now think we could get there with Cutler. He is not elite but he is better then average this year. Not that were getting there this year. But one good draft and a few FA's and next year can be a good one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the ghosts comment? That wasn't directed at you, that was at all Bear fans. I think there's a widespread belief that for some mysterious reason this team will not be able to ever draft a good QB. That's mysticism. Which is - at a very real level - a belief akin to believing in ghosts. The Bears can - and will - someday draft a great, elite QB, when the day comes that the talent is there, the team has solid talent evaluators, and a high-enough draft pick.

Sorry if you took that personally, I meant that more in the collective royal you, not you specifically.
You son of a *&$#^&%.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itsa team game. QB's do not win Super Bowls. Teams do.