• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cubs at Dodgers

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Castro play was an error, too. Just can't believe that the Dodgers can be no hit twice in ten days. Arrieta pitched a great game and the Dodger hitters were sucked right in to his off-speed pitches. Maybe it's time for Dodger brass to consider a new hitting coach.

Dodgers have to get back on track against the Giants.

Well, no one was calling for a new hitting coach when the Dodgers swept Cincy and then took 2 out of 3 from a very good Cubs team. Big picture, the no hitter(s) is (are) irrelevant. They won 5 out of 6 this week and two of which came against team the needed to gain ground on.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, people always call for a new hitting coach.

Look, sometimes the other guy is just good. It's not your team's fault. Tip your cap and move on. Arrieta has been one of the best pitchers in the NL all year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, people always call for a new hitting coach.

Look, sometimes the other guy is just good. It's not your team's fault. Tip your cap and move on. Arrieta has been one of the best pitchers in the NL all year.

Arrieta is the third best pitcher in the league, that's a given, but we aren't just talking about this game! The Dodgers have struggled for quite some time now. Most of the offensive stats that you claim prove that we are still one of the best offenses in the league were accumulated early in the season, when we actually were one of the best offenses in the league. Right now we are not!
There are a handful of qualified hitting coaches in the league and then there are guys like McGwire who are just a hitting coach in name, he hit a lot of homers, was never that great of a hitter, so what does he really know about hitting? Was a bad hire to begin with, not just because the Dodgers aren't hitting now!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted McGwire to begin with either simply because I'm one of those "purists" who doesn't care for players linked to the PEDS issues.

I realize Arrieta was fantastic, but a contending team has no business being no hit twice in 10 days. And, has Smed points out, this team hasn't looked very competent at the plate for some time now.

Guys are doing the same thing over and over; especially Joc Pederson. I know the player is the one who ultimately needs to correct his flaws, but McGwire should have turned this kid around by now.

Time will tell, but in the Playoffs, the Dodgers are going to be facing a lot of prime pitchers and right now, that's scary.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Dodgers have two batting coaches. Do you want to fire both of them?
Guys are doing the same thing over and over; especially Joc Pederson.
I know the player is the one who ultimately needs to correct his flaws, but McGwire should have turned this kid around by now.
He didn't play at all last week. His only start is against one of the best pitchers in the NL. How the hell is he supposed to be expected to have a good game? None of the other hitters got a hit, either. Give the kid a break.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His batting avg., slugging percentage, etc. has declined every month. He's got a huge upside, but a lot to learn. It doesn't look like the Dodger staff has come up with any answers for him. I certainly hope he gets untracked.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His batting avg., slugging percentage, etc. has declined every month. He's got a huge upside, but a lot to learn. It doesn't look like the Dodger staff has come up with any answers for him. I certainly hope he gets untracked.
He's a rookie. Rookies struggle. That's no reason to blow up a coaching staff.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Silas, I'll tell you right now, it's pointless arguing with Villian, he doesn't ever see the big picture, its like he said" Peterson has only played once all week how the hell is he suppose to be expected to have a good game" he doesn't get the fact that it's irrelevant that he hasn't played much in the past week, he hasn't been playing much because he is in a 3 month slump!

As far as rookies struggle, ya they do, Bryant struggled a bit mid season, evidently he or the "coaching staff" figured it out and he is playing well again, well enough to win ROY! Duffy and Kang aren't struggling, McGwire is a poor excuse for a hitting coach, the guy was never a great hitter!