• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cubs at Dodgers

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is going to call this series a playoff preview. I don't feel like doing that so if you want to hear this get called a playoff preview, you can turn on SNLA or ESPN or MLBN. They'll call it playoff preview for you. You can get your rocks off to Harold Reynolds or Jon Kruk or whichever other TV idiot you like.

Friday 7:10PST - SNLA, MLBN (blacked out in LA) - The Best Pitcher in Baseball against Who Cares?
Saturday 6:10PST - SNLA - Mat Latos against Jon Lester
Sunday 5:05PST - ESPN - Alex Wood against Jake Arrieta

Jason Hammel is really good, but Clayton Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball and he's been pitching that way.

This series in LA is, in a way, the opposite of the one that just happened in Cincinnati. Cincy was a perfect target to bounce back from after that no-win-week against Oakland and Houston. The Reds are pretty crappy, they have an easy park to hit in, and the Dodgers absolutely had the on-paper advantage.

No so much this weekend. The Cubs aren't invincible, but they're pretty damn good. Excellent starting rotation - not as good at the top as the Dodgers (there might not be a better 1-2 punch in the game), but the gaps between their best and worst starters is not quite as drastic. The Cubs have an interesting collection of players - mostly in that the majority of them are so damn. They strike out a lot, they hit a lot of dingers, and they are really fun to watch. The bullpen isn't elite but it's serviceable.

This is a fun matchup of two of the NL's best teams. I'll be at the game on Saturday.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's lineups:

No Schwarber for the Cubs, no Pederson or Peraza for the Dodgers. I'm not surprised to see Schwarber sit versus Kershaw, but I don't see why Kike is starting over Pederson against a righty.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's lineups:

No Schwarber for the Cubs, no Pederson or Peraza for the Dodgers. I'm not surprised to see Schwarber sit versus Kershaw, but I don't see why Kike is starting over Pederson against a righty.

Pederson isn't playing because he has been benched and that was awhile ago!!,

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how Wood responds, never seen a pitcher get that mad after a win. He clearly wants to go deep into ballgames and wants to be as good as Kershaw and Greinke. It's great to see and I'll be rooting for him to get past the 6th inning this time.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson isn't playing because he has been benched and that was awhile ago!!,

Yeah but I'm sure he'll be back. He's still the best Center Fielder we have and his OBP is still good.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how Wood responds, never seen a pitcher get that mad after a win. He clearly wants to go deep into ballgames and wants to be as good as Kershaw and Greinke. It's great to see and I'll be rooting for him to get past the 6th inning this time.

Unfortunately that is all in Mattinglys hands!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I'm sure he'll be back. He's still the best Center Fielder we have and his OBP is still good.

I agree, was just informing Mr. Know it all that he has been benched for awhile now!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only the second time he hasn't started against a righty. I don't understand why he's been benched for so long. Sure his batting average blows, but his OBP has still been through the roof. He's actually been better than league average in terms of overall offensive production throughout much of this power outage.

I don't know how this problem is going to get fixed with him on the bench for a week.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 wins in a row! I've had good luck at Dodgers games that I've attended in recent history, hopefully I'll get to see the Dodgers keep the streak going. We've got field-level seats so I'll be sure to bring a banana for Kike Hernandez.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how this problem is going to get fixed with him on the bench for a week.

Agreed, another head-scratcher from Mattingly.

4 wins in a row! I've had good luck at Dodgers games that I've attended in recent history, hopefully I'll get to see the Dodgers keep the streak going. We've got field-level seats so I'll be sure to bring a banana for Kike Hernandez.

Wait so your saying the season didn't end after the HOU, OAK series?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw is something to behold. He's going to be in peak form if this team makes the playoffs.

Giants out Cardinal'd the Cardinals last night.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad the Dodgers and Giants are in lock step. The Dodgers just can't seem to shake these guys and given the Players on the Giants I'm surprised they are as close to the Dodgers as they are.

Mat Latos pitches this weekend and he really has to get his act together. I'm wondering if his knee is hurting and he hasn't told anyone.

Also hoping Joc gets his game on track. I like what Kike has done, but if he's your starting CF, that's not good.

Got to keep playing well and create some space between the Giants and our guys. Still waiting for our team to play like a WS candidate.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so your saying the season didn't end after the HOU, OAK series?
:suds: That's why I made this thread: PREDICTIONS! How will the rest of the season go? | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

It's too bad the Dodgers and Giants are in lock step. The Dodgers just can't seem to shake these guys and given the Players on the Giants I'm surprised they are as close to the Dodgers as they are.

I don't think the Giants will be able to keep up the pace they're on.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: That's why I made this thread: PREDICTIONS! How will the rest of the season go? | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

I don't think the Giants will be able to keep up the pace they're on.

The Giants haven't been on any kind of a pace all year, they've had numerous long losing streaks, yet they are still right there with us! The thing with the Giants is, that they always seem to plug average players in and it works for them! This coming series with them should tell alot either way it goes!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 in a row, the bullpen looked great after Latos got pulled so early. It was really fun to see Peraza get his first two stolen bases and have a 2-hit game. Had a blast at the game.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Jake Arrietta. He was a stud out there. Absolutely nothing to take away from him.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrieta was sharp as hell, nothing you can do but move on.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Castro play was an error, too. Just can't believe that the Dodgers can be no hit twice in ten days. Arrieta pitched a great game and the Dodger hitters were sucked right in to his off-speed pitches. Maybe it's time for Dodger brass to consider a new hitting coach.

Dodgers have to get back on track against the Giants.