• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuban Pitcher Finally Signed

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yasiel Puig- 7 years, 42 million dollars
Yoenis Cespedes- 4 years, 36 million dollars
Aroldis Chapman- 6 years, 30 million dollars
MAG- 3 years, 12 million dollars

Usually, these big Cuban names who defect and come play in America get paid bigger bucks and get more years than what Gonzalez got, which means that RAJ either swindled the kid, or he does not have the ceiling that he was hyped up to have earlier in the month (I'm inclined to think the ladder because Ruben is too retarded to ever swindle a player). It's weird how the deal went from 6 years, 60 million dollars to 3 years, 12 million dollars. Today in the booth, Amaro said something to the effect of "You know, you never know what you're getting with these international players. It's always a risky move when you bring someone in from a different country." When you sign a new, young player, you want to be hyping him up, not talking about the possible negatives of the deal. Maybe the scouts found something out recently that made Gonzalez less attractive

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yasiel Puig- 7 years, 42 million dollars
Yoenis Cespedes- 4 years, 36 million dollars
Aroldis Chapman- 6 years, 30 million dollars
MAG- 3 years, 12 million dollars

Usually, these big Cuban names who defect and come play in America get paid bigger bucks and get more years than what Gonzalez got, which means that RAJ either swindled the kid, or he does not have the ceiling that he was hyped up to have earlier in the month (I'm inclined to think the ladder because Ruben is too retarded to ever swindle a player). It's weird how the deal went from 6 years, 60 million dollars to 3 years, 12 million dollars. Today in the booth, Amaro said something to the effect of "You know, you never know what you're getting with these international players. It's always a risky move when you bring someone in from a different country." When you sign a new, young player, you want to be hyping him up, not talking about the possible negatives of the deal. Maybe the scouts found something out recently that made Gonzalez less attractive
He had arm surgery. And it seems that the phillies used that as leverage to get a better deal.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had arm surgery. And it seems that the phillies used that as leverage to get a better deal.

hmm, weird that I did not hear that. do you know what kind?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know, you never know what you're getting with these international players. It's always a risky move when you bring someone in from a different country." -- Ruben Amaro

Translation: "We signed Andrew Bynum"

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts don't like this guy too much... Project him as a 4th/5th starter or long reliever.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we got him for a lot cheaper. Got him for half the years and half the money per year. Hopefully his past injury isn't a problem.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouts don't like this guy too much... Project him as a 4th/5th starter or long reliever.

lolol hey, i scouted him too, and he looked like a top of the rotation guy (a 1 or a 2). i think you should stay on the arizona board and circle jerk about this guy with your buddies over there.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long reliever, really? When you troll, you have to make your posts more believable. I realized that your post was bs after reading that line

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long reliever, really? When you troll, you have to make your posts more believable. I realized that your post was bs after reading that line

Troll? I wasn't trolling. Read this... Phillies To Sign Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

"Gonzalez throws a mid-90s fastball, along with a curveball, splitter and changeup. In a scouting report for Baseball America, Ben Badler notes that Gonzalez's curveball is his weakest pitch and that his splitter and changeup are just "a tick above average." Scouts who like Gonzalez rate him as about a No. 3 starter in the big leagues, Badler says, while others think he might be a back-of-the-rotation starter or low-leverage reliever."

I didn't make this shit up... quit getting so butt hurt. Jesus. I do think the new contract you guys gave him is a much better deal for you guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Arizona Sting. The Phillies are into giving out big bucks for garbage players. Brain-dead knows how to do that much.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll? I wasn't trolling. Read this... Phillies To Sign Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

"Gonzalez throws a mid-90s fastball, along with a curveball, splitter and changeup. In a scouting report for Baseball America, Ben Badler notes that Gonzalez's curveball is his weakest pitch and that his splitter and changeup are just "a tick above average." Scouts who like Gonzalez rate him as about a No. 3 starter in the big leagues, Badler says, while others think he might be a back-of-the-rotation starter or low-leverage reliever."

I didn't make this shit up... quit getting so butt hurt. Jesus. I do think the new contract you guys gave him is a much better deal for you guys.

don't ever come at him with pesky things called facts