• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Rams

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this franchise on the path to being great as long as jerry is in charge. Just came off a bad season with a fragile QB and very suspect defense. I don't see it.
Jerry is the problem and the answer is Jerry

I would respectfully Disagree for all the bone headed things Jerry does he does things very well on the business side. If Prescott becomes the answer at QB when Romo retires or goes down we hit the gold mine again in Dallas. If Stephen and company can do on the Defense side of the ball what looks like could be a really good offense then we needle is pointing up. Will they ever be the Cowboys of the 90's NO not ever. But teams are not built that way anymore FA killed that but careful cap management and proper drafting will get you to the point where you can compete for championships.
Defense could be a issue this year but I don't think it will be absolutely terrible. Health will be the key at all the positions. For every team in the league. If the franchise QB goes down most teams are going to tank that's just the way it is in the NFL now.

I believe that Dallas will be great again. You have to look at the glass as half full not empty or you just will never have joy in your football team. I choose optimism with a healthy dose of reality view......

opinions will vary

JMHO :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this franchise on the path to being great as long as jerry is in charge. Just came off a bad season with a fragile QB and very suspect defense. I don't see it.
I'd give Stephen two more drafts and I'm betting we'll have a young defense that looks like our OL. Just a hunch

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being great takes very good OL's and DL's. The OL has the pieces the DL has a few potential pieces. This team is close with a few right players brought in.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tapper play??? Didn't see a whole lot of the rookie CB - Brown- either. I know he played one series. Thought 37 looked good, but I'm biased towards DBs that wear that number. Hard not to impressed with Dak. Loved when he tucked it and picked up 10 plus to set up for a fg.

Have to admit, I kind of felt bad for Showers. He didn't have the same cast out there with him. He made some nice plays though.

Disappointed in clock management. I'm not even sure they knew it was 4rth and 1 one time. Short yardage offense. WRs running patterns a yard short of first down. Flags. Missed tackles. Finally the loss.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering 7 or 8 of his passes were 10 yard dump offs to wide open receivers (two which were dropped btw) the kid had a nice game which as a Cowboys fan must be encouraging. Even the TD toss to Dez was just a toss up that Dez grabs 8 out of 10 times. The other 4 or 5 throws were a sign of confidence. Not here to bust on your dreams and hopes just to say job well done for a rookie QB in his first "pre-season" game. Being the 8th QB selected, as "you" all most certainly know,,, or a QB being selected the number 2 player overall as "we" most certainly know .... means absolutely nothing. So anything is possible in this game of football.

So good start for the kid. Played a very good game.
Throwing slants aren't dump offs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering 7 or 8 of his passes were 10 yard dump offs to wide open receivers (two which were dropped btw) the kid had a nice game which as a Cowboys fan must be encouraging. Even the TD toss to Dez was just a toss up that Dez grabs 8 out of 10 times. The other 4 or 5 throws were a sign of confidence. Not here to bust on your dreams and hopes just to say job well done for a rookie QB in his first "pre-season" game. Being the 8th QB selected, as "you" all most certainly know,,, or a QB being selected the number 2 player overall as "we" most certainly know .... means absolutely nothing. So anything is possible in this game of football.

So good start for the kid. Played a very good game.

Rep, the season is almost here so let's get back into season mode. We have a thread for back-handed "compliment" posts like this, keep them there.

No one cares to hear your crap about our backup QB or how you feel they are only dump off passes. Throwing a generic compliment in doesn't mean that the rest of your post isn't troll garbage.

Dallas fans don't troll your board, so don't troll ours. Also don't take us for idiot shits that can't spot a put down masked as a compliment when it comes our way.

This isn't a warning, it's a request. Thanks for understanding.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ban? I say something nice about ur rookie star and get a nastygram and I'm the bad guy. I wasn't smacking. If you can't add to a conversation on another teams board what the hell is the point to this website. You're more than welcome to come to the Skins side and post your opinion if it isn't smack. The trouble is since we are NFC east champs there's not much to say right now, is there.

I understand the designated area for any smack talk.
Your comments about dump offs and reminders of where he was drafted and that it is one pre-season game...just don't. I'm not an idiot and we won't put up with this. I won't let you stir shit on the board. You won't see any Dallas fan coming close to posting that crap you just threw up there.

So just knock it off. You know the rules, you know the limits, and you are trying to be cute and see how far you can push things. An intelligent person in your spot would know that he has zero slack to be screwing around. But toe the line, see how far you can go before it gets lopped off.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would respectfully Disagree for all the bone headed things Jerry does he does things very well on the business side. If Prescott becomes the answer at QB when Romo retires or goes down we hit the gold mine again in Dallas. If Stephen and company can do on the Defense side of the ball what looks like could be a really good offense then we needle is pointing up. Will they ever be the Cowboys of the 90's NO not ever. But teams are not built that way anymore FA killed that but careful cap management and proper drafting will get you to the point where you can compete for championships.
Defense could be a issue this year but I don't think it will be absolutely terrible. Health will be the key at all the positions. For every team in the league. If the franchise QB goes down most teams are going to tank that's just the way it is in the NFL now.

I believe that Dallas will be great again. You have to look at the glass as half full not empty or you just will never have joy in your football team. I choose optimism with a healthy dose of reality view......

opinions will vary

Jerry is a very good businessman. He's an idiot as a GM. Stephen has done a much better job. I hate the Elliot pick though. And I still think we need a better coach.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is a very good businessman. He's an idiot as a GM. Stephen has done a much better job. I hate the Elliot pick though. And I still think we need a better coach.

opinions will vary

I like others have been waiting twenty years now.Not much joy for twenty years. They have to show me they can at least make the playoffs and win a game or two before I am on board with potential greatness. That defense has been a problem for most of the twenty years. I don't have much hope for this defense due to bone headed moves by Jerry and his second chance program failure. I hope this defense proves me wrong, but this is a wait and see year for me. I have no expectations.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most NFL people see what you see and it's understandable. I'd only ask what did you see this time last year, coming out of 2014?

Absolutely this team has made some bad bad decisions. Romo has missed time now twice with his collarbone and it hangs over this team. Dallas is all in with banking on Romo's health and thinking this team being more the 2014 team than the 2015 team. Fan's have two options going into the season. Debbie Downer is understandable. I just can't do that and frankly, I think Dallas is going to be a top NFC contender.

I don't know anymore about this defense then the next fan, but like 2014, I have a strong feeling this defense isn't as bad as most assume. Last year we tied the worst take away total in modern football history. That will not happen again, shit...low of averages tell you that.I'll be the homer! Go Cowboys!!

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like others have been waiting twenty years now.Not much joy for twenty years. They have to show me they can at least make the playoffs and win a game or two before I am on board with potential greatness. That defense has been a problem for most of the twenty years. I don't have much hope for this defense due to bone headed moves by Jerry and his second chance program failure. I hope this defense proves me wrong, but this is a wait and see year for me. I have no expectations.

I've been waiting since Jerry got rid of Jimmy. I fully believe that Dallas had 5 super bowls in a row if Jimmy had stayed. Ego's got in the way. Jerry's ego has been the problem for so long now. He's the new age Al Davis. Only without accomplishing everything Al did in the AFL.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most NFL people see what you see and it's understandable. I'd only ask what did you see this time last year, coming out of 2014?

Absolutely this team has made some bad bad decisions. Romo has missed time now twice with his collarbone and it hangs over this team. Dallas is all in with banking on Romo's health and thinking this team being more the 2014 team than the 2015 team. Fan's have two options going into the season. Debbie Downer is understandable. I just can't do that and frankly, I think Dallas is going to be a top NFC contender.

I don't know anymore about this defense then the next fan, but like 2014, I have a strong feeling this defense isn't as bad as most assume. Last year we tied the worst take away total in modern football history. That will not happen again, shit...low of averages tell you that.I'll be the homer! Go Cowboys!!
Very possible but we'll need something from the D to pull it off. I do think the team is closer to 2014 but I have some concerns. I'd like to see the full D together, they'd last night won't get it done.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the year before?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much talk about Showers. How about that crazy play and the presence of mind to slow down and look for and find a receiver at the end? He didn't get nearly the time Dak did and I was impressed with him as well. He throws a better ball than I expected. I thought he looked like a keeper too

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much talk about Showers. How about that crazy play and the presence of mind to slow down and look for and find a receiver at the end? He didn't get nearly the time Dak did and I was impressed with him as well. He throws a better ball than I expected. I thought he looked like a keeper too
Showers played very well too, was unfair to grade him against Dak, due to the protection the two got. That play was head up on Showers part. He was going to run for whatever he got saw the defense was going to leave their man and took advantage.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I was only able to see the 3rd and 4th qtr. Ive heard who looked good, who looked bad. From the qtrs I see Chaz green was horrible, The wr everyone is talking about in training camp stunk too. The one player I liked was Oloyate....lol I now I slaughtered his name sorry. He's the second yr CB. I loved the way he took chances he seemed to have great instincts and he under cut several balls. Dangerous no doubt, he's the type who has that big play written all over him. Of course he better have some safety help cause he potentially could get burned a lot too. We haven't had a CB who made plays on the ball when it's in the air maybe since Aaron Glenn. That would probably be this guys ceiling. I like him. Hopefully he makes the roster.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showers played very well too, was unfair to grade him against Dak, due to the protection the two got. That play was head up on Showers part. He was going to run for whatever he got saw the defense was going to leave their man and took advantage.
I love what I see in Showers, I'm secretly cheering for this guy. I like Dak too, and I too was Jonesing for the boys to draft him. I didn't see him play ,but it seems very encouraging based on what I'm hearing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He throws a Great ball, Vick like spiral. Like Vick he needs to learn to take a little zip of the ball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what I see in Showers, I'm secretly cheering for this guy. I like Dak too, and I too was Jonesing for the boys to draft him. I didn't see him play ,but it seems very encouraging based on what I'm hearing.
I think they are both better options than we had last year at BUQB. Having a QB(or two) that can break down the defense by running adds an element to a team that will have a great OL and solid RB's.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has a lot to prove and to get it done they will need health and a good portion of luck and a ton of hard work.

I am rooting for them to succeed

JMHO