• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Rams

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, @fordman84 you around Bro? I don't want this board to be like the Redskins board where they ban you for saying anything critical of the Skins, but if all this guy can add is calling PDay a Dick, give him the hook...
Seriously? Ban? I say something nice about ur rookie star and get a nastygram and I'm the bad guy. I wasn't smacking. If you can't add to a conversation on another teams board what the hell is the point to this website. You're more than welcome to come to the Skins side and post your opinion if it isn't smack. The trouble is since we are NFC east champs there's not much to say right now, is there.

I understand the designated area for any smack talk.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, @fordman84 you around Bro? I don't want this board to be like the Redskins board where they ban you for saying anything critical of the Skins, but if all this guy can add is calling PDay a Dick, give him the hook...

Ya Know...I have no problem with the names. What kills me is the number of posters here that point fingers at the other posters and continue to do exactly what they complain about when tables are turned.
Whole lotta people here squat to pee and at times, it's my duty to point that out.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak looked awesome for his first time under the NFL bright lights.

only 1 game but he sure was poised and looked like he knew what was going on good for him and keep building on the positive performance.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ban? I say something nice about ur rookie star and get a nastygram and I'm the bad guy. I wasn't smacking. If you can't add to a conversation on another teams board what the hell is the point to this website. You're more than welcome to come to the Skins side and post your opinion if it isn't smack. The trouble is since we are NFC east champs there's not much to say right now, is there.

I understand the designated area for any smack talk.
You're comment on Dak was fine, just don't get the straight up calling a guy a dick when it's not on smack thread. The Skins board would have banned you twice. And don't act like your backhanded compliment to Dak was anything but that, your comments on ''Dak Prescott HOF'' on the Skins board is closer to home for ya

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak looked awesome for his first time under the NFL bright lights.

only 1 game but he sure was poised and looked like he knew what was going on good for him and keep building on the positive performance.

Darn right he did and you're right about being one game but the thing with Dak has always been the poise, work ethic, and drive to be better.

we'll see soon enough

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comment on Dak was fine, just don't get the straight up calling a guy a dick when it's not on smack thread. The Skins board would have banned you twice. And don't act like your backhanded compliment to Dak was anything but that, your comments on ''Dak Prescott HOF'' on the Skins board is closer to home for ya
Dead on UK....not your first rodeo

truth?

"Considering 7 or 8 of his passes were 10 yard dump offs to wide open receivers"

This was kinda as well. Dak put balls in spots and was in complete control

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm 10 yard dump off running play rinse repeat and you score or then you hit a Williams for a 32 yard drop on a dime TD .
impressive even if it was a first ever preseason game lots more to go in learning the game but I will take that kind of start for a rookie QB in the NFL all day long

Dak just needs to heed Parcells advice and don't read your own press clippings

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead on UK....not your first rodeo

truth?

"Considering 7 or 8 of his passes were 10 yard dump offs to wide open receivers"

This was kinda as well. Dak put balls in spots and was in complete control
I think before the draft, you and I were both on this kids bandwagon. He showed a lot of the things he did in college, the natural leadership, ability to move, poise, strong arm. He has a ways to go, but it was a nice start

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm 10 yard dump off running play rinse repeat and you score or then you hit a Williams for a 32 yard drop on a dime TD .
impressive even if it was a first ever preseason game lots more to go in learning the game but I will take that kind of start for a rookie QB in the NFL all day long

Yeah, he made a couple of strong throws that were right on the money, and I don't get how anyone could knock him for the ''dink and dunk''...Tom Brady loves to check it down, that's actually a vet move, not forcing the ball into coverage. Protecting the ball is job one. I also thought a couple of the underneath throws weren't that easy, he escaped a couple of would be sacks and led the receiver perfectly for nice gains, whereas a throw behind them or right between the numbers would have meant a short gain

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the negative side for last night...Chaz Green looked like he was facing Junior Seau:L

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he made a couple of strong throws that were right on the money, and I don't get how anyone could knock him for the ''dink and dunk''...Tom Brady loves to check it down, that's actually a vet move, not forcing the ball into coverage. Protecting the ball is job one. I also thought a couple of the underneath throws weren't that easy, he escaped a couple of would be sacks and led the receiver perfectly for nice gains, whereas a throw behind them or right between the numbers would have meant a short gain
Again, nothing wrong with the dink and dunk approach to set up the wham and bam... Kirk Cousins did it all last season. Kid played well. He could have fumbled and bumbled his way to the bench but he didn't. It's encouraging for your team and I understand the excitement. Trust me that I understand the excitement. For two teams that haven't done much in two decades plus.. I understand the excitement for a player. My backhanded compliment was a fair point regarding my original post... but hey,,,, as a rival opponent at least I was trying. :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For two teams that haven't done much in two decades plus..
the redskins would kill for the last 20 years in Dallas compared to what the skins have done. It's not even close when looking at wins and playoff berths. This remains your biggest problem and you're not alone in redskin nation. Dallas remains the benchmark and you have a ways to go to catch up

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the negative side for last night...Chaz Green looked like he was facing Junior Seau:L

Yeah he did. I hope they keep him out there during the preseason. He obviously needs some work.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the pass I enjoyed the most was the first one to Dez along the sidelines. You see that goofed up by guys that have been in the league for years. Dak put it right where it needed to be for Dez to make a play. The accuracy and timing there was way more than I thought we'd see any time soon and I'm pretty happy we got to see that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green definitely needs better footwork, and hand arm work. To many times the rush was in his chest moving him around at will

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the redskins would kill for the last 20 years in Dallas compared to what the skins have done. It's not even close when looking at wins and playoff berths. This remains your biggest problem and you're not alone in redskin nation. Dallas remains the benchmark and you have a ways to go to catch up
I think the franchise is on the path to being great again, and the reason is how well the team has been ran the last few years since Stephen really began running the show. It's not like he started from an even playing field....the Cowboys cap was a mess, some of the better players they had needed to be let go for cap purposes(I'm sure DWare could have helped with the pass rush the last couple of years), but the team has made the right(tough) decisions, drafted well, and is really pointed in the right direction. I like the fact that most Cowboys haters aren't paying attention until it's too late. The Cowboys have built the best OL in the NFL, drafted a bell cow runner, have a great WR, and now have a young QB that can develop behind a great QB like Romo. Now lets say the glass is half full, and instead of our 2nd round pick being wasted, we just ended up redshirting the best defensive player in this years draft...I like the thought of where we are going to be in a couple of years

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green definitely needs better footwork, and hand arm work. To many times the rush was in his chest moving him around at will
Yep, and it's not like he was going against JJ Watt. Hard to imagine him contributing this season. I think if a tackle goes down for an extended period, Martin will be put outside and Leary will come in at OG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and it's not like he was going against JJ Watt. Hard to imagine him contributing this season. I think if a tackle goes down for an extended period, Martin will be put outside and Leary will come in at OG
I can see all Leary trade talks coming off the table.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the franchise is on the path to being great again, and the reason is how well the team has been ran the last few years since Stephen really began running the show. It's not like he started from an even playing field....the Cowboys cap was a mess, some of the better players they had needed to be let go for cap purposes(I'm sure DWare could have helped with the pass rush the last couple of years), but the team has made the right(tough) decisions, drafted well, and is really pointed in the right direction. I like the fact that most Cowboys haters aren't paying attention until it's too late. The Cowboys have built the best OL in the NFL, drafted a bell cow runner, have a great WR, and now have a young QB that can develop behind a great QB like Romo. Now lets say the glass is half full, and instead of our 2nd round pick being wasted, we just ended up redshirting the best defensive player in this years draft...I like the thought of where we are going to be in a couple of years
I don't see this franchise on the path to being great as long as jerry is in charge. Just came off a bad season with a fragile QB and very suspect defense. I don't see it.