• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Packers

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait ..optimism?

Damn, I'm on the wrong board again.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a great game for us yesterday. Zeke looking more confident with every game. Zeke is starting to show the burst and that is scary because he is 225 pounds and he runs through people as well. I don't want to hurt tony's feelings,but I don't think the cowboys are 5-1 with romo. I also think that if tony comes back he gets hurt again.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a great game for us yesterday. Zeke looking more confident with every game. Zeke is starting to show the burst and that is scary because he is 225 pounds and he runs through people as well. I don't want to hurt tony's feelings,but I don't think the cowboys are 5-1 with romo. I also think that if tony comes back he gets hurt again.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Love Dak's comment on the record streak"

Me too. Kind of get the feeling he doesn't even care it's over. Seems like a guy that knows what is important and what he should be focusing on.

My favorite part about Dak is his connection with Beasley. That is his get out of jail free card.
When nothing is there, a little dump underneath instead of trying something more risky.

But can someone tell Beasley he is not Marion Barber and take the out of bounds when he can.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Power Rankings: Cowboys crack the top five, Raiders, Eagles plunge
Dak or Romo? Up for debate, but not the Cowboys' ranking after sacking the Pack

The Dallas Cowboys have their quarterback of the future.

They also have their quarterback controversy of the now.

Do they stay with rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, who is 5-1 as a replacement starter for the injured Tony Romo? Or do they go to Romo when he's cleared to play, possibly next week after this week's bye?

It's a tough decision for sure. But ask yourself this: Who's the better quarterback right now? It's clearly Romo -- if he's healthy. Prescott has been impressive, but which of the games he's won would Romo not have won with the way everything played out? Romo would have won them all as well.

The Cowboys, who are in the fourth spot now here in my Power Rankings, have run the heck out of the football behind the best offensive line and Ezekiel Elliott. They've also played much better defense than anybody expected. It was the defense and the running game sprinkled in with timely throws by Prescott -- three for TDs -- that led the Cowboys past the Packers Sunday.

oct18prcover2.jpg

CBSSports.com Original
Owner and GM Jerry Jones has always insisted that Romo would get his job back when he was healthy, but he's been non-committal the past couple of weeks and almost sounded like Prescott would stay in as the starter after the Packers game. It's a tough call in a lot of ways.

Romo has carried the Cowboys at times in his career, but three major injuries over the past two seasons are causing his body to break down. Prescott is young, fast and healthy and can make all the throws.

There is no sentiment in football, which is why the Cowboys have to do what's right. I think going to Romo would be right, but I think they stay with the kid when they play next at Philadelphia against the Eagles on Oct. 30.

Whatever they do, it's a controversy -- even if they won't admit it.

Full rankings below

NFL Power Rankings: Cowboys crack the top five, Raiders, Eagles plunge

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOOK: Cowboys rack up $55,000 tab at annual rookie dinner
This bill did some damage to a few bank accounts

When your team gets off to one of the best starts in recent franchise history, there's only one way to celebrate: run up a giant bill at a fancy restaurant and then make the rookies pay for it.

The Dallas Cowboys held their annual rookie dinner this week, and apparently, everyone made sure to show up as hungry as possible because the team managed to rack up a $55,000 check at a steakhouse in Dallas. We know how big the bill was because Cowboys defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford shared a picture of the check on Snapchat.

So who got stuck with the bill?

Safety Barry Church told Mike Fisher of 105.3 the Fan, a CBS Sports Radio station, that the rookies honored tradition and took care of everything.

"The whole team was there, and it was amazing,'' Church said. "The rookies took care of everything. We had an amazing time."

Rookie like Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott were probably more than happy to chip in on the check.

On the other hand, maybe the rookies didn't take care of everything: Wide receiver Dez Bryant claims that everyone paid their own bill.

"As far as I know, lots of the guys just paid for themselves," Bryant said. "Nobody getting punished. Everybody together."

Of course, Bryant might have just said that because he doesn't really believe in hazing. In what might've been the most famous rookie dinner of all time, Bryant got stuck with a $55,000 check after a rookie dinner in 2010, and he still seems kind of bitter about it. This time around, the check was split a little more fairly, with every rookie splitting the bill, instead of just one, which is what happened to Bryant.

Anyway, as expensive as the bill was, it sounds like it was less than Crawford thought it was going to be.

'To create different bonds within our team -- amazing. Then the bill came: $55K. Not too bad," Crawford told Fisher.

The Cowboys' rookie dinner might end up being bad news for the rest of the NFL, because it sounds like this team is building more and more camaraderie every week.

Church said that there were more players at Monday's dinner than there's ever been in his Cowboys career, which dates back to 2010.

"Never before had all the offensive guys and all the defensive guys together at the same rookie dinner," Church said.

The guest list at the dinner included both Tony Romo and Prescott, and let's just say that no one in Dallas seems to care about any possible QB controversy. As Fisher noted this week, everyone in Dallas seems to be getting along. Romo even invited Prescott out for a brief after-party following the dinner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOOK: Cowboys rack up $55,000 tab at annual rookie dinner
This bill did some damage to a few bank accounts

When your team gets off to one of the best starts in recent franchise history, there's only one way to celebrate: run up a giant bill at a fancy restaurant and then make the rookies pay for it.

The Dallas Cowboys held their annual rookie dinner this week, and apparently, everyone made sure to show up as hungry as possible because the team managed to rack up a $55,000 check at a steakhouse in Dallas. We know how big the bill was because Cowboys defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford shared a picture of the check on Snapchat.

So who got stuck with the bill?

Safety Barry Church told Mike Fisher of 105.3 the Fan, a CBS Sports Radio station, that the rookies honored tradition and took care of everything.

"The whole team was there, and it was amazing,'' Church said. "The rookies took care of everything. We had an amazing time."

Rookie like Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott were probably more than happy to chip in on the check.

On the other hand, maybe the rookies didn't take care of everything: Wide receiver Dez Bryant claims that everyone paid their own bill.

"As far as I know, lots of the guys just paid for themselves," Bryant said. "Nobody getting punished. Everybody together."

Of course, Bryant might have just said that because he doesn't really believe in hazing. In what might've been the most famous rookie dinner of all time, Bryant got stuck with a $55,000 check after a rookie dinner in 2010, and he still seems kind of bitter about it. This time around, the check was split a little more fairly, with every rookie splitting the bill, instead of just one, which is what happened to Bryant.

Anyway, as expensive as the bill was, it sounds like it was less than Crawford thought it was going to be.

'To create different bonds within our team -- amazing. Then the bill came: $55K. Not too bad," Crawford told Fisher.

The Cowboys' rookie dinner might end up being bad news for the rest of the NFL, because it sounds like this team is building more and more camaraderie every week.

Church said that there were more players at Monday's dinner than there's ever been in his Cowboys career, which dates back to 2010.

"Never before had all the offensive guys and all the defensive guys together at the same rookie dinner," Church said.

The guest list at the dinner included both Tony Romo and Prescott, and let's just say that no one in Dallas seems to care about any possible QB controversy. As Fisher noted this week, everyone in Dallas seems to be getting along. Romo even invited Prescott out for a brief after-party following the dinner.
Good story. I read that Romo always has the seat at the head of the table, but when he showed up a little late this year Dak was already sitting there.:thumb:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story. I read that Romo always has the seat at the head of the table, but when he showed up a little late this year Dak was already sitting there.:thumb:
Funny, but be careful, you may push one of us over the edge.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo, Tyron Smith out of Cowboys practice; Dez Bryant in

Dallas Newsletter

The bye week rest is over for the Dallas Cowboys, so that means Monday was back to work as they get ready to battle the rival Philadelphia Eagles.

While key players will be returning in Week 8 for the team, others are not quite ready to hit the field. Franchise quarterback Tony Romo again missed practice as the Cowboys continue to monitor his rehab from the compression fracture suffered in late August, and have yet to comment on when he'll return to full practice capacity.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

All-Pro Tyron Smith was also out on Monday, nursing a his bulging disc while Dez Bryant was operating at full capacity after being limited on Wednesday with a minor cut on his hand.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys workout Montori Hughes, Casey Walker; sign Leon McFadden

Dallas Newsletter

Hot off of a bye week, the Dallas Cowboys players got back to work on the field while the front office did some work personnel-wise.

On Monday, the team returned to practice to a few new faces, one of which will be around for a while. Per Jon Machota of SportsDay, the Cowboys worked out defensive tackles Montori Hughes and Casey Walker. They ultimately wound up signing cornerback Leon McFadden, however, and will add him to the practice squad.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

The 25-year-old McFadden was a 2013 third-round pick to the Cleveland Browns and has also spent time with the New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals and New York Giants. Most recently, he was waived by the Giants in the 2016 preseason and will now try to prove himself for the Cowboys.

With the great play of rookie Anthony Brown, a move like this is more likely to bolster depth at the position because of possible concerns with starting cornerback Orlando Scandrick. The veteran will be returning to the field Week 8 after missing four games with two tweaked hamstrings, but hasn't been able to reach his prime form again after tearing his ACL in 2015.

Seahawks vs Cardinals ends in tie after back-to-back missed FG'sSTART SLIDESHOW

Should Scandrick go down again, it helps to have an extra defensive back in the pocket.