• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cop Show with Dirtiest Cops

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which show focused on the dirtiest cops?

The Shield is probably the first, obvious answer. But what are some others?

Hawaii 5-0?
Dukes of Hazzard?
Person of Interest?

Others?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shield is very gritty and probably tops of the list. But what about the Wire?

I wouldn't call POI a cop show but if it is being counted as one here...then the Wire has to be.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Vice.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could I have forge ten the one that tops even The Shield...

Dexter. He is the dirtiest cop possible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shield is very gritty and probably tops of the list. But what about the Wire?

I wouldn't call POI a cop show but if it is being counted as one here...then the Wire has to be.

I include POI for 2 reasons.

1) HR. Sure, they were the bad guys for the first couple seasons, but they were bad cops.

2) Reese as a cop is a farce. He is a cop only as a cover. Sure, he is a "good guy", but he is a wolf is sheeps clothes, so, technically, dirty.

Were the cops in the Wire really dirty? I have not seen the show in a while, but I seem to remember there was political backstabbing, but not actual dirty. Do I need to watch again?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I include POI for 2 reasons.

1) HR. Sure, they were the bad guys for the first couple seasons, but they were bad cops.

2) Reese as a cop is a farce. He is a cop only as a cover. Sure, he is a "good guy", but he is a wolf is sheeps clothes, so, technically, dirty.

Were the cops in the Wire really dirty? I have not seen the show in a while, but I seem to remember there was political backstabbing, but not actual dirty. Do I need to watch again?

I would say as much so as 5-0 who just kind of bend the rules.

That's what McNulty and Lestor did in S5 especially.

Herc and Carver would kind of do their own thing as wel

They were not really "dirty" perse but the detail did a lot of things there way and that's what led to it getting disbanded and shut down so much.

Nothing like the Strike team though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say as much so as 5-0 who just kind of bend the rules.

That's what McNulty and Lestor did in S5 especially.

Herc and Carver would kind of do their own thing as wel

They were not really "dirty" perse but the detail did a lot of things there way and that's what led to it getting disbanded and shut down so much.

Nothing like the Strike team though.

I don't think you are giving the 5-0 team the kind of credit they deserve...

They make a deal with the local mob to get $7M.

They travel to Colombia and kill their rival in cold blood.

They bring a suspect to the middle if the ocean and threaten to drop him in a shark pit.

They cheat to win a shrimp-cooking competition.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Voight, Chicago PD

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are giving the 5-0 team the kind of credit they deserve...

They make a deal with the local mob to get $7M.

They travel to Colombia and kill their rival in cold blood.

They bring a suspect to the middle if the ocean and threaten to drop him in a shark pit.

They cheat to win a shrimp-cooking competition.

LOL they actually didn't cheat the shrimp contest that random Mr Miaygi guy did. The shark pit thing is a part of the "bend the rules" they are allowed.

I def get your point but they are still about catching the bad guys fair and square(no planting evidence, no forcing them into suicide by cop etc..) they just have the backing of the governor to be able to push the limits and "scare" people.

As for the Columbia thing, they went there for a simple money trade. *Spoiler* was dead and some ass kicking took place. Don't really consider killing that scumbag as dirty.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they actually didn't cheat the shrimp contest that random Mr Miaygi guy did. The shark pit thing is a part of the "bend the rules" they are allowed.

I def get your point but they are still about catching the bad guys fair and square(no planting evidence, no forcing them into suicide by cop etc..) they just have the backing of the governor to be able to push the limits and "scare" people.

As for the Columbia thing, they went there for a simple money trade. *Spoiler* was dead and some ass kicking took place. Don't really consider killing that scumbag as dirty.

He wasn't killed in a shoot out, though. He was executed AFTER the shoot out.

Granted, they didn't cheat in the contest, but they sure did get a good, hearty laugh out of it after they found out.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't killed in a shoot out, though. He was executed AFTER the shoot out.

Granted, they didn't cheat in the contest, but they sure did get a good, hearty laugh out of it after they found out.

I know, it was out of revenge someone close being hacked up and put into a barrel. You can't let a guy like that live anyways.

They were off the job in Columbia another country as well.

Five 0 just doesn't really have that grey moral area, they are good people stopping bad guys not gaining anything from it. Compare that to the strike team...

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dexter was just a crime scene tech.... No? I lost interest in that show after the first season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it was out of revenge someone close being hacked up and put into a barrel. You can't let a guy like that live anyways.

They were off the job in Columbia another country as well.

Five 0 just doesn't really have that grey moral area, they are good people stopping bad guys not gaining anything from it. Compare that to the strike team...

Don't get me wrong. I am not claiming they are dirtier than Vic and his boys. Just making the argument that they are not exactly shiny good boys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dexter was just a crime scene tech.... No? I lost interest in that show after the first season.

Correct.

But I think he was still considered a cop, even though he didn't carry a gun. Regardless, I think it qualifies (IMHO).

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

But I think he was still considered a cop, even though he didn't carry a gun. Regardless, I think it qualifies (IMHO).
:noidea: I'd say he is PART of law enforcement but not a cop. Didn't take the oath, have the training, have arrest powers, etc.
*obviously didn't have a psych evaluation! LOL

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter definitely qualifies. While he isn't a cop himself he works directly with the cops and he ends up taking their cases into his own hands all the time...in a very unethical way lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter definitely qualifies. While he isn't a cop himself he works directly with the cops and he ends up taking their cases into his own hands all the time...in a very unethical way lol

He is at the crime scene, is part of the chain of evidence and testifies in court regarding the cases.

Again, while technically not a "police officer", I think he qualifies as a "cop".