• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Confused about Willie Young, Jared Allen

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bass could be a guy to watch this year.

Houston, BTW, is listed at 300 pounds. He was over 300 when he was in Oakland. I definitely don't remember him spending most of that season standing up. Rarely I remember that, yes, but "mostly?" Definitely not my recollection.

Houston is still listed at 305 if you google him, but if you track articles back over the past few years. It talks about him being down to 275 before 2013 in Oakland and 265 in Chicago. He was not 300 his entire time in Oakland. Not in the least.

And everything I've read suggests he stood up at least half of the time in 2013.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you provide an example of where you read this?

A lot of this is discussed in the SI article/interview with Houston that I posted in a response on the previous page to AI. The article is from after the Bears signed him in 2014. Talks about how he lost weight towards the end of him being in Oakland, and him continuing to do so when leaving for Chicago. It also talks about how he stood up a lot in 2013.

Lamarr Houston faces new challenge with Chicago Bears - NFL - SI.com

Houston started out as a defensive tackle who could kick out to end in Oakland's HYBRID schemes. But over the years, he kept dropping WEIGHT, and in 2013, he essentially played as an outside pass-rushing linebacker -- at 275 pounds

C

cubzzzfanincali

Hmm. That was really interesting. Ok well I guess we will see. Doesn't really jibe with my memory but that's not a first. We will see where he winds up.