• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completed Trades

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a trade accepted in Big D's roto league (with BigD).
I get Jose Bautista for Manny Machado & Michael Brantley.

I wasn't expecting it to be accepted but thought it was a good starting point for negotiations.

From my stand point, I've got Josh Donaldson :-)hope: please don't get hurt) so Machado was only filling 1 of my utility slots which now goes to Eric Hosmer (or insert hot hitting name here).

I like Brantley but I have no big HR guy in the OF. I picked up Puig when he came up but other than that I've been living off off of guys like Byrd, Werth, Crisp, Gardner, Crawford, Mclough, all guys that give you runs, steals & BA but no HR threat and not much help with RBI's with the exception of Byrd/Brantley.

Being 8 out of 10 in homers, it was time to punt there. I just hope I can make up more ground in the other cats to make it worth it. That, and this gave me the perfect opportunity to get rid of Mark Reynolds, who I kept hoping would find his early season power stroke ( knowing the once high Avg. was always a mirage ).

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've conceded that chapman/granderson deal wasn't the best idea.
On a positive note: Mujica, Uehara and Benoit (not concerned with Veras acquisition) have all been stellar for me...and I've been using Ishikawa in a RP slot now too... so I haven't missed a beat (yet)

I made a couple trades today ridding myself of the painful memories:
Combined...
I sent Webster, Gausman and Kohl Stewart
Ended up with: G.Polanco (the big piece I wanted), Foltynewicz (meh) and Alexander Guerrero

Cut my losses, so at least now when I remember losing Chapman, I can think about Polanco. He should be a good one. Guerrero is a total wildcard, but he intrigues me, esp if he ends up as LAD 2B. (I have no 2B in my system)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a long ago completed trade? I just came across this item, and remember now the furor it caused. What made me bring this up now was, to bring up how time going by, and certain circumstances changing, can cause us to look at trades very differently.

It was on this date back in 2004 that, in separate deals with the Pirates and Devil Rays, the Mets gamble with their future giving up top prospects to acquire major league pitchers who can immediately step into the rotation. Free agent eligible Kris Benson and infielder Jeff Keppinger are obtained from the Pirates for infielder Ty Wigginton, pitcher Matt Peterson and infielder Jose Bautista, who came in a trade today with the Royals for minor league catcher Justin Huber and Victor Zambrano and Bartolome Fortunato become Mets when Tampa Bay agrees to take New York's top pitching prospect Scott Kazmir and minor league pitcher Jose Diaz.

And, both today and in recent history, how funny is it that Jose Bautista became the # 1 guy in this deal, and, maybe Wiggington is even # 2, career production wise?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects can be hard to figure. There are very few sure things.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Zambrano and Bartolome Fortunato become Mets when Tampa Bay agrees to take New York's top pitching prospect Scott Kazmir and minor league pitcher Jose Diaz.

A trade I'll never forget. That's when I stopped being a Mets fan.
Granted Kazmir never turned into the next big thing pitcher, but after trading away prospect after prospect along with signing over aged overpriced players, it was the straw that broke this camels back.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hearing stories like that! Anyone got anymore? It's one thing to make a bad fantasy trade, and I have a hard enough time living with them, but imagine blowing it as a real GM? Pats on the back would be nice on great steals, but the downside of getting Koji Uehara for Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis! And Uehara becomes the closer of ANOTHER TEAM two years later! I'd like to know Uehara's playoff stats from that year... anyone?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, just backing up....all that Bogaerts talk made it necessary to make that quick deal with Chef.
He joins Andrelton (he's on fire btw lol)...as only guys on my 4 teams.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hearing stories like that! Anyone got anymore? It's one thing to make a bad fantasy trade, and I have a hard enough time living with them, but imagine blowing it as a real GM? Pats on the back would be nice on great steals, but the downside of getting Koji Uehara for Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis! And Uehara becomes the closer of ANOTHER TEAM two years later! I'd like to know Uehara's playoff stats from that year... anyone?

Just cherry picking my today in baseball history source, it was back in 1996 that The Giants trade starting pitcher Mark Leiter to the Expos in exchange for Kirk Rueter. 'Woody' will compile a 105-70 record during his ten-year tenure with San Francisco, while Al's right-handed brother will post a 4-2 mark during his one season playing north of the border.

On this date back in 2004, In a blockbuster trade, the Marlins deal Brad Penny, the winner of two World Series games last season, first baseman Hee Seop Choi and southpaw prospect Bill Murphy (will be traded to the Diamondbacks tomorrow) to the Dodgers for backstop Paul Lo Duca, relief pitcher Guillermo Mota and much-traveled outfielder Juan Encarnacion.

On this date back in 2006, The Yankees trade four minor leaguers, shortstop C.J. Henry, southpaw reliever Matt Smith, catcher Jesus Sanchez and right-hander Carlos Monasterios, to the Phillies in exchange for All-Star outfielder Bobby Abreu and veteran pitcher Cory Lidle. New York will assume responsibility of Abreu's contract which includes the remaining portion of the $13.5 million for this season, $15.5 million for next year, and a $16 million option for 2008 with a $2 million buyout.

And, back in 2011, The Indians announced the team has completed the trade with the Rockies for Ubaldo Jimenez. The deal, contingent on the right-hander passing his physical, sends highly touted minor league pitchers Alex White and Drew Pomeranz (8/16), along with right-handed prospect Joe Gardner, and utility player Matt McBride to Colorado in exchange for the Dominican ace, who the Tribe hopes will anchor their rotation down the pennant stretch as the team attempts to pass Detroit.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline day in my league:

Just sent T.Wood to Varrys for O.Infante.
Uggla eye surgery and EYJR sucking left me in a bind
Both of our teams in playoff picture

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infante is majorly underrated and should help you even if Uggla had eyes. Nice work!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline day in my league:

Just sent T.Wood to Varrys for O.Infante.
Uggla eye surgery and EYJR sucking left me in a bind
Both of our teams in playoff picture

You could do worse than Infante. At the very least, he'll hit for what, a .270-ish average?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blockbuster!!

Just sent Taveras and G.Polanco for J.Upton
Managed to switch out Bogaerts for Taveras so I'm thrilled!!

Busy day in our league. We go til midnight in the live chat and usually about 10 of us hang in til the end.
Last year there were 9 trades today haha
We're at 2, both mine :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you deal off S.Miller for J.Weaver and Iglesias.?
Weaver enough of a help this year playoffs to make up for the likely future loss?
Iglesias not really a factor though position flexibility may help some.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you deal off S.Miller for J.Weaver and Iglesias.?
Weaver enough of a help this year playoffs to make up for the likely future loss?
Iglesias not really a factor though position flexibility may help some.

Comes down to goin' for the win this year, right? And even though there are concerns about Weaver down the road, chances are probably better that he won't fall off the cliff next year.

You feelin' lucky? :rollseyes:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Chef...
I just asked for a little upgrade to it so we shall see :)

6th trade in our league today! Too much fun :)

In my third deal, I just sent ARam and Nolasco for Rosenthal.
I couldn't see myself starting either of those guys come playoffs, although they did provide nice depth. Rosenthal was held in minors all year, so I can keep there....essentially at year's end I gain him and lose nothing (couldn't keep the other 2 anyway)
A risk, but small enough that I feel better hedging after dealing 2 top prospects earlier. Holds are valuable so Rosenthal is a good piece, and I may just be able to flip him tonight :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 trades so far in my league today

I also sent Foltynewicz for Lackey (a shit deal but cheap)
Big deal :
I sent Rosenthal, Lindor (wahh) for A.Russell, A.Wood, and M.Fried.
Not a deal that's going to help/hurt me this season although Wood might make a couple playoff starts for me if I'm lucky.

Such an exhausting day.....45 more minutes and I can go to bed