• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completed Trades

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had a thread for these...but I couldn't find it (forgive me)

Near-dynasty league:
Sent: Gyorko and Rondon for Cingrani

Not crazy-high on Cingrani...I think once the league finds out that he only throws fastballs, he'll be a 2 or 3....also think he'll likely be sent back down. But need pitching and maybe I can flip him fast for an established guy from a rebuilding team :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about cingrani, and not to mention he plays in a bandbox... Hard throwers tend to have problems with the HR... It is good that you did not give up too much for him... both players are very replaceable... And if you can trade cingrani now, you may be able to get decent value...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Rondon might be a good move because of the elbow thing...but boy, I really like that Gyorko. Padres are building a pretty good lookin' team.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me a few days, but I flipped Cingrani (harder task than I expected)

Cingrani and Ozuna for C.Martinez and D.Gregorius.
Putting my money where my mouth is as far as prefering Martinez to Wacha :)
Gregorius fills no holes yet, but the Posey owner my be coming around to my Castro offer.

Also, in another league where I took over a last place team last year and just stockpiled prospects.... (keep 16 total out of 25 players)
I swapped:
Mujica and K.Jansen for C.Yelich

Yelich, Taveras, Myers I hope will be my outfield crew soon enough.
Top prospects hard to come by in this league. I have drafted a couple, but have sold off everything to acquire those guys plus:
T.Walker, Gausman, Bogaerts, Rendon, Correa, A.Russell
Only real keepers: Kipnis, A.Simmons, Arenado, Minor and A.Sanchez (with Frazier and Rosenthal likely finishing off my 16 at this point)
A long road to respectability.
My top keeper when I took over: N.Cruz and C.Crawford :s

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 12tm H2H keeper (my rebuilding team) no MI...
Sent Kipnis for Greinke in what I think is highway robbery.
Not thinking Greinke is at ace status right now, but with no MI spot this seemed way too good to be true.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my home league 14tm H2H keep 26 of 40 man rosters... traded S.Castro for M.Kemp
I'm screwed at MI : Dietrich or LeMahieu on my bench, but had to pull trigger.
My OF with Stanton and Granderson on DL consists of Gardner, Fowler, Nava and Span

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my home league 14tm H2H keep 26 of 40 man rosters... traded S.Castro for M.Kemp
I'm screwed at MI : Dietrich or LeMahieu on my bench, but had to pull trigger.
My OF with Stanton and Granderson on DL consists of Gardner, Fowler, Nava and Span

That's a trade you have to do. The Dietrich kid is kinda interesting.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't mean for this thread to be for MY trades only haha...but as long as I'm making them, i'll share :)
Same league as above... I'm a top team and I just don't think I can win with Dietrich as my MI.
Sent M.Zunino for JJ Hardy

Hardy can't be kept, where Zunino I could've kept indefinitely.
I usually don't make these types of trades but I found a Zunino lover so I went all-in.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd contribute here but with the exception of our MBBRL, I've made only one other trade.

In my roto league I traded Iwakuma for Crawford as my outfield has been patched together all year. In addition to Crawford I have Coco Crisp, Matt Joyce & Nate McLouth (we play only 3). My pitching staff is pretty good so I could afford the loss, but not strong enough to where I could have traded 2 pitchers for an even better outfielder.

I wasn't able to make the draft so I had a friend draft for me. My IF is good, but he drafted Desmond Jennings in rd 7 (who I dropped) and Gomez in rd 10 (who I also dropped - oops).
Of my first 10 picks 6 were infielders and 2 were closers (Kimbrel & Chapman).

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 team deal orchestrated....
Dynasty: sent Avisail garcia and dorssys paulino, ended up with Julio Urias.
I love garcia, but I don't think Urias will be acquirable for long. Curses BP!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made 2 trades.

1) Granderson and a player to be named later (either Gyorko or Hart) for Chase Headley. Need healthy bodies as I have 6 DL guys on my team at the moment.

2) Samardzija for Iwakuma, straight up. I really hope Iwakuma holds up. Thing is, I am first by a mile in K/9 and I can't see Samardzija's ERA and WHIP improving as the summer goes on at Wrigley.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both those deals...esp if Hart and not Gyorko.

Question: how do these trades with PTBNL work? Are there issues with them as far asleague inegrity goes? Thanks

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just completed a small trade with Tlance. I traded Kenley Jansen for Andrew Cashner.
I could have tried to add a second closer, but It just seems easier to ad a SP/RP.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there Tlance, you got him back! -- had I known I could have gotten Cashner in that deal we had, he'd still be with me...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both those deals...esp if Hart and not Gyorko.

Question: how do these trades with PTBNL work? Are there issues with them as far asleague inegrity goes? Thanks

To be honest, I don't know. It has never been done. The owner I am dealing with is also co-commissioner of the league (I am not commish of this one). I suggested that we publish a note regarding our deal, since the second half of our trade may look fishy when I send either Hart or Gyorko for an RP who could very quickly find his way to the waiver wire.

He said he thought it better not to publicize this aspect of it. I don't really agree with that as I like to be up front with everything.

The issue was that he does not have the roster space to take on another injured player, and he did not want Arenado. I wasn't willing to offer anyone else, so we land on PTBNL.

In other words, I really hope this doesn't cause issues. Ideally though, I can get a usable RP in return and the second half will look legit enough on its own.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had I known how high he was on him, I might have asked for more.:nod:

You might have gotten it.:suds:

I don't think I would have included Cashner in our deal. Kenley's value is a lot different today than it was 2 weeks ago.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't know. It has never been done. The owner I am dealing with is also co-commissioner of the league (I am not commish of this one). I suggested that we publish a note regarding our deal, since the second half of our trade may look fishy when I send either Hart or Gyorko for an RP who could very quickly find his way to the waiver wire.
He said he thought it better not to publicize this aspect of it. I don't really agree with that as I like to be up front with everything.
The issue was that he does not have the roster space to take on another injured player, and he did not want Arenado. I wasn't willing to offer anyone else, so we land on PTBNL.
In other words, I really hope this doesn't cause issues. Ideally though, I can get a usable RP in return and the second half will look legit enough on its own.

I can see this being a problem, only for the fact that that nothing was made public and now he's gonna have everyone wanting to do things like this.
Keep us updated on what happens when PTBNL is announced to the league. :lm:

You might have gotten it.:suds:
:doh:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a trade accepted in BigD's 10 team Roto league. I traded Hanley for Grant Balfour. I sent out 10 offers of Hanley for a closer in the past 3 days and they were all rejected except this one.
Hanley has been rotting on my bench and had zero chance of getting in my lineup anytime soon.

The guy getting Hanley is in 7th and doesn't have much of a chance of affecting the standings.
I'm in 2nd overall, and I'm 4th in saves with Chapman & Kimbrel so Balfour should give me that boost I'm looking for.

10 teams & 23 man rosters so there is some good players to be had on waivers, but nobody out there for saves.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for note re PTBNLs tlance and Rev. (I missed it somehow yesterday....I think just going to "last page")
Yeah, that was what I was wondering. I like the idea in principle, but can't figure out how to orchestrate it. I wouldn't want it kept quiet (although I think I've had an owner or two pull this off over the years covertly)
But, the idea that a PTBNL is even needed implies the first part of the deal being executed immediately is lopsided. And that puts into question WHY? Why give one side an advantage for two weeks, a month, whatever? I understand the roster concerns could make this convenient, but I could never come up with a way of doing it where it appeared fair.

There's been that issue and another that I've had in my head for years. The second one I could implement, except I have NO owners' support, so it never passes (I think I've polled it twice)
That's a rule 5 draft. To be done in December same way MLB does it. If anyone does something like this, I'd love to hear how it works for their league. It's been a couple years since I tried to gently persuade my troops :)

Thanks again for explaining it...sorry I missed your response yesterday