• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College fantasy football 2017

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the keeper rule, I'd like to propose unlimited keepers this year.

Next year teams keep every position player available. It will keep owners interested late and allow for interesting trades late in the season.

Your team is tanking but you have a elite rb-propose a trade to a playoff team that has a couple of freshman players he has on the bench that will contribute next year. Or if that doesn't work, a team at the bottom can start acquiring prospects and build for next year.

In future seasons if a owner drops off his replacement will assume the corner owners players. If we decide to expand, we have an expansion draft where owners protect a couple of returning players and the new owners can pick from the unprotected pool. If we contract the players from defunct teams are insta free agents.

It's worth a shot

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the keeper rule, I'd like to propose unlimited keepers this year.

Next year teams keep every position player available. It will keep owners interested late and allow for interesting trades late in the season.

Your team is tanking but you have a elite rb-propose a trade to a playoff team that has a couple of freshman players he has on the bench that will contribute next year. Or if that doesn't work, a team at the bottom can start acquiring prospects and build for next year.

In future seasons if a owner drops off his replacement will assume the corner owners players. If we decide to expand, we have an expansion draft where owners protect a couple of returning players and the new owners can pick from the unprotected pool. If we contract the players from defunct teams are insta free agents.

It's worth a shot
its a good idea, but we cant keep owners year to year, and i dunno if i can handle the research for another dynasty league, id do 3-5 keepers at most, im good with 2

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good idea, but we cant keep owners year to year, and i dunno if i can handle the research for another dynasty league, id do 3-5 keepers at most, im good with 2
We actually haven't done too bad, we've had the same core group the first two years, and we've already got everyone but a few confirmed, we'd just have to replace the couple guys who drop out like any other fantasy league.

That said, I too would prefer something in the 2-5 keepers range, just because with college the majority of players have a 2 year span, maybe 3 in some cases, of fantasy usefulness.

I guess that kind of works itself out too, though, kind of a self fixing issue...

I don't care, hopefully we can get input from everyone and figure it out democratically, though getting rules input from everyone has been like pulling teeth the last couple years. Before the season anyway, halfway through no one seems to mind letting me know what they don't like about the league rules...

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually haven't done too bad, we've had the same core group the first two years, and we've already got everyone but a few confirmed, we'd just have to replace the couple guys who drop out like any other fantasy league.

That said, I too would prefer something in the 2-5 keepers range, just because with college the majority of players have a 2 year span, maybe 3 in some cases, of fantasy usefulness.

I guess that kind of works itself out too, though, kind of a self fixing issue...

I don't care, hopefully we can get input from everyone and figure it out democratically, though getting rules input from everyone has been like pulling teeth the last couple years. Before the season anyway, halfway through no one seems to mind letting me know what they don't like about the league rules...

I'd be okay with 2-5 keepers, no more than that for the reason that you stated above

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with keepers.

Reading through let's just go with 3 this first year and can modify next year if needed. Going into the 3rd year we have a pretty good core that should give us a base to do this and into the future. We don't have to figure everything out right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with keepers.

Reading through let's just go with 3 this first year and can modify next year if needed. Going into the 3rd year we have a pretty good core that should give us a base to do this and into the future. We don't have to figure everything out right now.
this

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spartanbump.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suprised some others dont want in, i enjoy this

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suprised some others dont want in, i enjoy this
I'm assuming the guys from last year who haven't checked in have just been away, and that they'll say if they're out for this year, it'd be the decent thing to do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the guys from last year who haven't checked in have just been away, and that they'll say if they're out for this year, it'd be the decent thing to do.
yeah i more meant some college board regulars

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah let's give it a couple of weeks before we make any final decisions.

Travel gets a bit wacky this time of year

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in shock that I can't find one person in this forum interested in college fantasy football. Once you are in you will get addicted I promise ya.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in shock that I can't find one person in this forum interested in college fantasy football. Once you are in you will get addicted I promise ya.
We've had this league for a couple years, I think we had 13 the first year (did overall points), we had 10 last year, and if everyone comes back we've got 2 more interested and might go to 12. There is interest, but has seemed there isn't much beyond the guys who have been in on our league since we started. If you're not in too big of hurry check back in a month, the college forum is still in off season mode, but starting to pick up a little.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks..

If anyone is interested I will surely gladly help you in your first year get use to it as you get your feet wet, after that you will have a blast.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---- this guy is in so that means that rest of you fvks have about zero chance of winning.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renewed the league, you will have last year's roster when you log in. Get it down to the 3 you want to keep before the draft, and ignore the current draft time, we'll lock that down later, just had to have something or it won't allow roster moves.