• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice anyone posting about the eclipse not happening, doubting the timing of the eclipse, or the cities in the path of totality, all of which were predicted and accurate down to the minute and the mile.

Funny because the scientific method and rigor that knows exactly where the path of the full eclipse is going to be is the same one that knows the Earth is round, warns of the dangers of climate change,and knows that vaccines/masks save lives.

Part of the problem (for right wing nut jobs, that is) is the fact that the majority of scientists are atheists and that doesn't sit well with the bible thumpers who don't want anyone questioning their religious beliefs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal how some are so comfortable saying this kind of stuff...

I would like to say I am a shocked at reading this...... but I am not shocked at reading this.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“If you have a mustache like I have, you’re most likely a *********. Almost anybody with this sweet stache likes to boink little kids.”

That would be my response to him but I can’t get banned again, I’ve run out of emails and phone numbers to use.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People with no vested interest in a long term future should be allowed to vote, you say?

Then why should we let one of them be President? Or serve in Senate?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People with no vested interest in a long term future should be allowed to vote, you say?

Then why should we let one of them be President? Or serve in Senate?

The crazy thing to me is that older people are generally the ones that vote for the candidate with the (R) beside their name. Of course, those (R) folks are the same ones that want to cut Social Security and Medicare in addition to wanting a national abortion ban. Joe and his campaign folks need to continue to hammer these types of messages home between now and November.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing to me is that older people are generally the ones that vote for the candidate with the (R) beside their name. Of course, those (R) folks are the same ones that want to cut Social Security and Medicare in addition to wanting a national abortion ban. Joe and his campaign folks need to continue to hammer these types of messages home between now and November.
It's so maddening. My Father in Law is one of those and the "in five years" messaging from the Rs really hit home for him. It's gonna happen after he needs to care. Mind you, this is a person who lives 100% on Social Security benefits, and spent the last year getting the social security benefits and pension from his deceased wife, who just so happened to work at SSA for 30 years.

His eldest daughter in law is retirement age now (but has to work because her husband, his son, had no safety net or life insurance when he passed away, and never contributed to a 401k). His oldest living child will be there in 8 ish years and his next one in 10-12. And he does not give a single solitary shit if it's there or not.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The crazy thing to me is that Jack Ass* is going to argue older people in nursing homes, who have done nothing wrong except age, should lose the right to vote.......yet he would probably ague all day long for just about anyone, well white anyone, to have the right to own a gun.

His idea would probably hurt republicans more, but I am still against it. Even USA chanting chest thumpers with no world view at all arguing we are the best and voting against their self interests deserve the right to vote IMO.

*he 100% owns a "Free Mustache Rides" t-shirt

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the only odd thing here to me - this is much more of a left wing viewpoint than right.

The left argument is just also usually accompanied by the argument for lowering the voting age.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So please authorize another $70 billion in funding for Ukraine but also please Ukraine don’t try to actually inflict any damage on the enemy.

I think domestically Biden’s (or his team, at least) done as ok a job as he could given everything going on but his foreign policy is all over the place.