• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Parkey and Family Getting Death Threats

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should have signed Kareem Hunt. He's a pretty good kicker.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Ya, you eat the money if you made a bad deal. 9 million is nothing. The Bears were 12-4 and a serious condender to make a trip to the Bowl.

Overplayed players get dumped all the time and replaced. It happens to QBs, RBs, WRs all the time..

Like I said, he technically didn't really have a horrible season. Missed 7 FGs and 3 extra points.

His season was an odd one. He made plenty of big, clutch kicks, but then would just miss random bullshit like extra points.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is those Aussie kickers, Rugby or Rules should be able to drop kick.

For sure, better than he did on that fucking onside kick effort. He did one earlier in the year that had no altitude at all and kind of skidded as I recall. Heard him on the radio one drive home from work and he was going on and on about how easy it is for him to control the ball...

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, he technically didn't really have a horrible season. Missed 7 FGs and 3 extra points.

His season was an odd one. He made plenty of big, clutch kicks, but then would just miss random bullshit like extra points.

Lol are you describing Seabass there?

Hey, one of my best lady friends is a huge Bears fan and she roots so hard and with much passion. Her late husband left her alone in the world with their 3 kids when he died suddenly at age 32 a few years ago.

I was devastated for her at our fantasy football award banquet when the field goal was missed.

Watching a woman cry is hard to do.

Ya it’s a game, but for some it can be an escape.

The dude doesn’t deserve death threats over being human and those that make threats like that are ridiculous.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it seemed every lead pipe cinch kicker this year had issues off and on.

Crosby shit the bed once hugely.

Gostkowski was good close but missed his fair share.

Tucker missed at least 2 huge ones, Cleveland loss and yesterday.

And had Cleveland had anything resembling as kicker early, they may have been in the playoffs.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is those Aussie kickers, Rugby or Rules should be able to drop kick.

For sure, better than he did on that fucking onside kick effort. He did one earlier in the year that had no altitude at all and kind of skidded as I recall. Heard him on the radio one drive home from work and he was going on and on about how easy it is for him to control the ball...

Absolutely pathetic onside attempt. What a joke that was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol are you describing Seabass there?

Hey, one of my best lady friends is a huge Bears fan and she roots so hard and with much passion. Her late husband left her alone in the world with their 3 kids when he died suddenly at age 32 a few years ago.

I was devastated for her at our fantasy football award banquet when the field goal was missed.

Watching a woman cry is hard to do.

Ya it’s a game, but for some it can be an escape.

The dude doesn’t deserve death threats over being human and those that make threats like that are ridiculous.
Yer preaching to the choir homes.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears had Austin McGinness in training camp. Dumbasses should have signed him. We didnt call him AutoMac for nothing....dude set about a bazillion school records.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Philly got rid of him. Just imagine what their fans would be doing?

Glad it was a WC game and not the SB.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago fans gonna Chicago.

Dude will end up like Bartman and move to Miami. Then become a tranny cop that tries to kill Dan Marino

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many consistently good kickers are out there? Not too many.

O yeah, the XP misses are up this year (few if any kickers made all of them) anyway. That is why the XP was moved back in the first place.

Putting this loss on Parkey is assinine.

- Put this on the vaunted nr 1 defense that could not keep the Eagles out of the endzone when it mattered.
- Put it on the Bears offense, which did little if anything for much of the game.
- Put it on the **** turf that is Soldier Field, which could easily affect things like the position of the ball or the footing.

O yeah, and for those saying the FG block-line held up, be not too sure about it. The ST unit said they went for maximum effort on the second, and no effort on the first because they knew Pederson would call a time out. And on the blocked FG, you see the left side of the line simply cave in.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No good: Bears kickers boot early shot to dazzle

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears' search for a replacement for Cody Parkey led the team to host eight kickers at its annual three-day rookie minicamp.

The early results from Friday are not encouraging.

Bears coach Matt Nagy instructed all eight kickers to attempt a 43-yard field goal in front of the entire rookie minicamp roster at the end of Friday's practice. It was the same distance that Parkey, whom the club released in the offseason, missed from at the end of a bitter playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in January.

The final verdict: Chicago's kickers combined to go 2-of-8.

"That's not good enough," Nagy said. "Now I will say this: We always look at the end result of what happens, which is 100 percent what matters, right? But as we're learning, two of those eight holds and snaps, it wasn't 100 percent. All right. I'll leave it at that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No good: Bears kickers boot early shot to dazzle

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears' search for a replacement for Cody Parkey led the team to host eight kickers at its annual three-day rookie minicamp.

The early results from Friday are not encouraging.

Bears coach Matt Nagy instructed all eight kickers to attempt a 43-yard field goal in front of the entire rookie minicamp roster at the end of Friday's practice. It was the same distance that Parkey, whom the club released in the offseason, missed from at the end of a bitter playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in January.

The final verdict: Chicago's kickers combined to go 2-of-8.

"That's not good enough," Nagy said. "Now I will say this: We always look at the end result of what happens, which is 100 percent what matters, right? But as we're learning, two of those eight holds and snaps, it wasn't 100 percent. All right. I'll leave it at that.
:spit: