• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson is #2 in most of the "BCS polls" coming out now

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised either, Northwestern deserves all the credit in the world. Possibility of back to back 10 win seasons in school history. I love Fitzgerald and the job he has done, especially the circumstances regarding his hire back in 2006 and was the youngest head coach in college football at the time. They are the classic under dog story, can't help but wish the best for them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should look up the definition of the word "fact" ....

Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Michigan all have a legit shot at being in the Top 25 by years end. You can disagree with that ... but don't sit here and pretend like it's impossible.

Now tell me which teams you think will have more than 3 Top 25 teams on their schedule at years end. Stanford might have 4 .... the rest will probably have 3.

So you are going to insist that beating those 3 B1G teams tops Clemson's wins over UGA, SC, FSU and the ACC CG opponent, most likely a 2-3 loss ranked Miami or VT team? No way, dude. No way. That's drinking some serious OSU koolaid there. Good luck with that.

The Pac and the ACC are stacked this year compared with the B1G. I know you don't buy that but it is obvious to most everybody else.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are going to insist that beating those 3 B1G teams tops Clemson's wins over UGA, SC, FSU and the ACC CG opponent, most likely a 2-3 loss ranked Miami or VT team? No way, dude. No way. That's drinking some serious OSU koolaid there. Good luck with that.

The Pac and the ACC are stacked this year compared with the B1G. I know you don't buy that but it is obvious to most everybody else.

I didn't insist on anything ...

I simply stated that by years end, Ohio State could very well have played as many ranked teams as the teams you listed. How in the HELL am I suppose to know which teams will be ranked higher by the end of the year?

It's like you're arguing with yourself in your mind and pretending I'm the one making the rebuttal argument. Good grief ...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State will most likely have played 3 Top 25 teams at the end of the year. Same as FSU, Clemson, Oregon, and Stanford. That's what I find kinda funny ... people knock on Ohio State's schedule ... but at years end they will have played just as many ranked teams.

Sorry; big difference in playing top 5 teams and teams that are ranked around 20. Come on now; you can't be serious...LOL...That said, Either Clemson or FSU will fall behind Ohio State, even though if they play each other tough, they are both playing and beating teams that are better than Ohio State. FSU just played a top 25 team and won 63-0. Sorry, big difference in talent Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Georgia and FSU have to play. Oregon and Stanford will meet, so one very talented team goes behind a unbeaten Ohio State...which is a shame.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never said the other teams were BETTER than the teams Clemson was playing, he was simply stating a fact that they have played 2 ranked teams thus far and possibly another.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry; big difference in playing top 5 teams and teams that are ranked around 20. Come on now; you can't be serious...LOL...That said, Either Clemson or FSU will fall behind Ohio State, even though if they play each other tough, they are both playing and beating teams that are better than Ohio State. FSU just played a top 25 team and won 63-0. Sorry, big difference in talent Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Georgia and FSU have to play. Oregon and Stanford will meet, so one very talented team goes behind a unbeaten Ohio State...which is a shame.

That's a whole lot of opinion ... based on zero fact.

You could have just said "Everyone is beating teams better than Ohio State, the rest have to beat each other up and it's not fair. It's still a stupid argument ... but you'd save people some time.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to worry about this shit right now. As far as OSU the biggest problem they will have is that they will "most likely" play zero top 15 teams this year. That being when they play them or at the end of the year. That will hurt them when it comes to another undefeated like Clemson, Stanford, or Oregon. Nobody knows what will happen, but OSU has to just be on cruise control for the next 7 weeks until the Michigan game. The thing they better not do is have a 3 pt victory over Purdue like last year. If they do and are still undefeated they will be left out. That will be due to the human factor which takes into account margin of victory.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's possible that if Michigan or Northwestern win out ... they would be Top 15 ... maybe even Top 10. Especially give teams ahead of them play each other later in the season. Actually, even Nebraska could reach Top 15 if they win out.

But yeah ... a lot of football to be played.

I was simply saying that Ohio State will most likely play as many Top 25 teams as the teams one poster pointed out. I wasn't making a negative comment ... just a plausible observation.

Why people would get butt hurt over that is beyond me.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a whole lot of opinion ... based on zero fact.

You could have just said "Everyone is beating teams better than Ohio State, the rest have to beat each other up and it's not fair. It's still a stupid argument ... but you'd save people some time.

The Ohio State faithful are the only group to agree with you. That said, a once beaten LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Georgia, and maybe FSU and Clemson WILL jump over Ohio State and Louisville in the BCS. Sorry, that's how I feel about it. It's probably a good thing that Ohio State will not play for the NC this year against any of the above for fear of being exposed. Better not get Oregon...that will be UUUGGGlEEEY. Better to go to the Rose Bowl and face an easier opponent....those guys out there on the West Coast are a lot better these days, so that might not be such a good idea as well. Ohio State squeaked by a North Western; a team with good, not great, talent.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's possible that if Michigan or Northwestern win out ... they would be Top 15 ... maybe even Top 10. Especially give teams ahead of them play each other later in the season. Actually, even Nebraska could reach Top 15 if they win out.

But yeah ... a lot of football to be played.

I was simply saying that Ohio State will most likely play as many Top 25 teams as the teams one poster pointed out. I wasn't making a negative comment ... just a plausible observation.

Why people would get butt hurt over that is beyond me.

I can agree except for one thing. top 25 vs top 15. But NW is the only chance imo for OSU to have a top 15 win at the end of the season. I do not see Michigan being one because of their schedule left. I see them losing two out of 3 the weeks before the OSU game.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 loss team isn't going to jump an unbeaten Ohio State team. Frankly, I stopped reading after that. It's never happened and never would happen. With a comment like that, I can't really take you seriously.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 loss team isn't going to jump an unbeaten Ohio State team. Frankly, I stopped reading after that.

Unfortunately UGA or LSU could if they have only 1 loss and win their CCG. SOS would be much better than OSU's imo.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree except for one thing. top 25 vs top 15. But NW is the only chance imo for OSU to have a top 15 win at the end of the season. I do not see Michigan being one because of their schedule left. I see them losing two out of 3 the weeks before the OSU game.

Possibly ... but again. If Michigan WOULD win out ... I see no reason why they wouldn't end in the Top 15.

That's all I was saying. I'm not one to predict wins and losses unless it's a "sure bet" ... and even then you get surprised from time to time. The rankings also depend on what teams ahead and below lose at the same time.

So yeah ... I don't even TRY to quantify end results. lol

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately UGA or LSU could if they have only 1 loss and win their CCG. SOS would be much better than OSU's imo.

They'd still be in a 1 point hole, which has NEVER ... in the history of the BCS been proven possible to overcome. Especially when the polls (which way heavy in the BCS formula) would surely hold an undefeated over a 1 loss team.

Ohio State's schedule is weak ... but it's not mid-major weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly ... but again. If Michigan WOULD win out ... I see no reason why they wouldn't end in the Top 15.

That's all I was saying. I'm not one to predict wins and losses unless it's a "sure bet" ... and even then you get surprised from time to time. The rankings also depend on what teams ahead and below lose at the same time.

So yeah ... I don't even TRY to quantify end results. lol

Michigan would easily be top 15 if they win out. Heck probably top 5. They have to beat tOSU in order to do that and tOSU is going to be top 5 all year unless they lose.

They are #2 in my book. Sort of have to keep them there as I picked them to win the bcs title game. So until they lose they are #2!!!

There might be 14 teams in the country better than Michigan, but some of them are going to lose. An undefeated team from the B1G would easily be top 5 in the final polls.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scanning this thread, is an OSU fan really trying to say their SoS is on par with Clemson's?

If so, major league :L

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scanning this thread, is an OSU fan really trying to say their SoS is on par with Clemson's?

If so, major league :L

I don't think anyone said that ... certainly not me.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't insist on anything ...

I simply stated that by years end, Ohio State could very well have played as many ranked teams as the teams you listed. How in the HELL am I suppose to know which teams will be ranked higher by the end of the year?

It's like you're arguing with yourself in your mind and pretending I'm the one making the rebuttal argument. Good grief ...

It is truly amazing how a guy will not admit his team has a soft schedule even though it is obvious. It's okay. Good luck to tOSU.