• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ Spiller

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Saints be wise to cut C.J. Spiller?

With Matt Jones out for the rest of the pre-season (and with his history of injury), we've got little in terms of experience at RB. I'm not sure how we don't look for another RB, especially one that gets cut in the next couple of weeks. One of those RBs could be CJ Spiller. He might not be ideal, and is coming off a knee injury, but he may be the best of what's available. He's not a ground-and-pound runner, but, at 5'11" and 200 pounds, he isn't Chris Thompson either. If he's got his speed back, Spiller has homerun power and is a nice receiving threat out of the backfield.

There is, of course, Pierre Thomas, whom I suppose we could, in a pinch, re-sign him. But you have to wonder why no one else is interested in him at this juncture.

I'm also wondering if there's any thought of signing Karlos Williams, whom the Bills just cut. He was a rookie last year, and has some great measurables: he was 6'1", 230 pounds and ran a 4.48 40 at the Combines. He also posted 5.6 ypc last year. But Williams has some off-the-field issues, problems with his weight, and is suspended for the first four games this year. Signing him would not be a short-term solution, but one where we could see how he does with the thought that, if he overcomes what caused the Bills to cut him, we take a look at him over the longer haul. Unfortunately, this isn't the type of guy Scot -- and a lot of GMs -- sign. Still, with our RB situation, we can't be too choosy. And this guy, even with the baggage he brings with him, has to at least warrant a look.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, it might be the end of the road for Spiller. His coach said he worked his butt off rehabbing his knee but it just hasn't responded to where he can run like he used to. He's behind guys like Tim Hightower on their depth chart.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's behind guys like Tim Hightower on their depth chart.

tumblr_lwu3l0T41a1r4gei2o1_400.gif

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Saints be wise to cut C.J. Spiller?

With Matt Jones out for the rest of the pre-season (and with his history of injury), we've got little in terms of experience at RB. I'm not sure how we don't look for another RB, especially one that gets cut in the next couple of weeks. One of those RBs could be CJ Spiller. He might not be ideal, and is coming off a knee injury, but he may be the best of what's available. He's not a ground-and-pound runner, but, at 5'11" and 200 pounds, he isn't Chris Thompson either. If he's got his speed back, Spiller has homerun power and is a nice receiving threat out of the backfield.

There is, of course, Pierre Thomas, whom I suppose we could, in a pinch, re-sign him. But you have to wonder why no one else is interested in him at this juncture.

I'm also wondering if there's any thought of signing Karlos Williams, whom the Bills just cut. He was a rookie last year, and has some great measurables: he was 6'1", 230 pounds and ran a 4.48 40 at the Combines. He also posted 5.6 ypc last year. But Williams has some off-the-field issues, problems with his weight, and is suspended for the first four games this year. Signing him would not be a short-term solution, but one where we could see how he does with the thought that, if he overcomes what caused the Bills to cut him, we take a look at him over the longer haul. Unfortunately, this isn't the type of guy Scot -- and a lot of GMs -- sign. Still, with our RB situation, we can't be too choosy. And this guy, even with the baggage he brings with him, has to at least warrant a look.

he is suspended for the 1st 4 games

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Spillar is an interesting player. His rookie preseason he looked like a star in the making but for whatever reason it just never worked out. Injuries played a role but it wasn't all injuries.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Spillar is an interesting player. His rookie preseason he looked like a star in the making but for whatever reason it just never worked out.

Gotta gut feeling will be saying the same thing about another rookie playing in Dallas right now. Gotta another gut feeling when all is settled Pierre Thomas will be back on our roster but as a (in case) player only.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most any vet back will do . I think we see if the young guys step up and if not you have 2 weeks to get a vet up to snuff

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta gut feeling will be saying the same thing about another rookie playing in Dallas right now. Gotta another gut feeling when all is settled Pierre Thomas will be back on our roster but as a (in case) player only.

Would prefer we check in on Atlanta RB Tevin Coleman who is buried on the depth chart.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Spillar is an interesting player. His rookie preseason he looked like a star in the making but for whatever reason it just never worked out. Injuries played a role but it wasn't all injuries.

Man I thought that guy was going to be a star too I wanted the seahawks to draft him (of course it came before the Marshawn lynch trade) I guess he was in the wrong system and team

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I thought that guy was going to be a star too I wanted the seahawks to draft him (of course it came before the Marshawn lynch trade) I guess he was in the wrong system and team
From what I've read, it's his knee. He supposedly was good about doing all the rehab work, but the knee just ain't what it used to be, and he can't run like he used to.