• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Bengals2011 Schedule

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crocker played for the Browns for a while, and with Cincinnati. He had a great half season a few years ago that earned him a 4 year contract, which was a waste once he got it.

Roy Williams may have been one of the worst safeties we have ever had to be honest, and we have had Tom Nelson and Tremaine Mack.

Regiie Nelson has been a bit of a bust in the league, but he was also in Jax where he bounced between safety and cornerback and from FS to SS, to nickle, to #1. He never got to focus on a position and at the end of last year in Zimmer's system, it looks like he was starting to regain that swagger he had coming out of college that earned him a higher #1 draft pick.

hmmmm I didn't know he was starting to play better.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, there are definitely reasons for some optimism, primarily the schedule. I'm not with Kramer on the 0-16 at all. Rookie QBs just don't often make the playoffs. Benson was terrible last year. I'm not convinced that Juggs Smith can suddenly solidify the line. Geathers sucks. Our LBs are all new, and the safeties aren't good. Also, I like Clements, but he's a slight downgrade from Joseph.

If I had to guess, I would say between 5-7 wins for this team, but on the same token, I love how AJ Green may step in and be one of the best WR's in this league from day one. He is the most exciting player I have maybe ever seen the Bengals draft at WR besides Warrick who turned out to be a flop. Warrick was a niche WR though, as Green is your prototypical #1 with size, strength, hands, leaping ability. Dalton will struggle to start his career, but he is very smart and grasping things very well. I like our new offensive game plan, especially with a rookie QB, get rid of the ball quick, let your playmakers do their thing (Green, Simpson, Shipley, Gresham, Scott, Leonard, ect.).

I think with the head cases gone, we might actually gel early with this young team, and while not getting the wins so frequently, we will be in almost every game down to the end with a chance. This will be a great building step for next year, which will hopefully allow us to build on this team. I love our core right now, but we do need to build the LB, S and OL positions to help us more next year. We will have a lot of available money next year in FA to spend how we see fit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, I would say between 5-7 wins for this team, but on the same token, I love how AJ Green may step in and be one of the best WR's in this league from day one. He is the most exciting player I have maybe ever seen the Bengals draft at WR besides Warrick who turned out to be a flop. Warrick was a niche WR though, as Green is your prototypical #1 with size, strength, hands, leaping ability. Dalton will struggle to start his career, but he is very smart and grasping things very well. I like our new offensive game plan, especially with a rookie QB, get rid of the ball quick, let your playmakers do their thing (Green, Simpson, Shipley, Gresham, Scott, Leonard, ect.).

I think with the head cases gone, we might actually gel early with this young team, and while not getting the wins so frequently, we will be in almost every game down to the end with a chance. This will be a great building step for next year, which will hopefully allow us to build on this team. I love our core right now, but we do need to build the LB, S and OL positions to help us more next year. We will have a lot of available money next year in FA to spend how we see fit.

yeah that's one thing in your favor

it was no coincidence that you guys starting winning when your overrated clown recievers were out of the lineup.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've watched some of the film from camp, and Green is looking very good. He's made some terrific catches already, including a few highlight reel type plays. I'm hearing some good stuff about Simpson too, using his leaping ability to make plays. Now, if Dalton can get up to speed, and Benson can regain his form, I like our offense somewhat, depending on the O-line of course.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm among the few - along with Crash - but I believe Reggie can/will be a good player for us.

He played very well as a rookie when the entire Jacksonville defense was good. And then in the 2nd and 3rd year, not only did they start bouncing him back and forth from CB and S, but the entire defense was amongst the worst in the league, especially at getting to the QB. Any defensive back will struggle when you can't get to the QB. Just ask Hall and Joseph.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've watched some of the film from camp, and Green is looking very good. He's made some terrific catches already, including a few highlight reel type plays. I'm hearing some good stuff about Simpson too, using his leaping ability to make plays. Now, if Dalton can get up to speed, and Benson can regain his form, I like our offense somewhat, depending on the O-line of course.

It's all a facade. If our o-line is anything like last season, all of these plays we're watching in training camp won't have time to unfold. It's easy for a QB to stand nice and tall back there when they know they aren't going to get hit. Put a rookie in game situation where everything is 5x faster, and he develops happy feet and an errant pass.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all a facade. If our o-line is anything like last season, all of these plays we're watching in training camp won't have time to unfold. It's easy for a QB to stand nice and tall back there when they know they aren't going to get hit. Put a rookie in game situation where everything is 5x faster, and he develops happy feet and an errant pass.

Oh, I completely agree. I think Dalton is going to struggle mightily, which, of course, affects the receivers too. I just meant that the WRs are looking fantastic, and looking like starting NFL receivers. Mike Brown's an idiot for not throwing a ton of money at Hasselbeck.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I completely agree. I think Dalton is going to struggle mightily, which, of course, affects the receivers too. I just meant that the WRs are looking fantastic, and looking like starting NFL receivers. Mike Brown's an idiot for not throwing a ton of money at Hasselbeck.

I don't agree about Hasselbeck. From everything I've heard he is having A LOT of trouble grasping the playbook in Tenn. I don't think he would have been an upgrade at all over Dalton.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys, I'm going to be cheering against you tomarrow, I heard our former running back Ian Johnson is going to get a lot of carries, and besides cheering for the Bills I cheer for former Boise State players.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't agree about Hasselbeck. From everything I've heard he is having A LOT of trouble grasping the playbook in Tenn. I don't think he would have been an upgrade at all over Dalton.

I think our offense is going to be similar to what he has ran in the past so it would be an easier transition. I would have thrown the bank at him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys, I'm going to be cheering against you tomarrow, I heard our former running back Ian Johnson is going to get a lot of carries, and besides cheering for the Bills I cheer for former Boise State players.

It is okay. I don't mind you rooting for a loser tomorrow. LOL

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-Season
Fri. Aug. 12 at Detroit 7:30 p.m. Ford Field
Sun. Aug. 21 at N.Y. Jets 7 p.m. New Meadowlands Stadium
Thu. Aug. 25 CAROLINA 7 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Thu. Sept. 1 INDIANAPOLIS 7 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium

REGULAR SEASON
Sun. Sept. 11 at Cleveland 1 p.m. Cleveland Browns Stadium
Sun. Sept. 18 at Denver 4:15 p.m. INVESCO Field at Mile High
Sun. Sept. 25 SAN FRANCISCO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Oct. 2 BUFFALO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Oct. 9 at Jacksonville 1 p.m. Everbank Field
Sun. Oct. 16 INDIANAPOLIS 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
--BYE--
Sun. Oct. 30 at Seattle 4:15 p.m. Qwest Field
Sun. Nov. 6 at Tennessee 4:05 p.m. LP Field
Sun. Nov. 13 PITTSBURGH 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Nov. 20 at Baltimore* 1 p.m. M&T Bank Stadium
Sun. Nov. 27 CLEVELAND* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Dec. 4 at Pittsburgh* 1 p.m. Heinz Field
Sun. Dec. 11 HOUSTON* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Dec. 18 at St. Louis* 1 p.m. Edward Jones Dome
Sat. Dec. 24 ARIZONA* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Jan. 1 BALTIMORE* 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
All times listed are Eastern
*Denotes a game subject to flexible scheduling

Lets break this down.....

loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss
loss

Yep.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it just depends on your expectations. The Titans had a 13 win season a few years ago but haven't done much since. I really don't know what to expect this season, maybe they will surprise me......but I doubt it.

They're gonna blow. Start drinking now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sched is pretty easy outside of a few games...I see a 2 win season!

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was hoping for a victory in Cleveland....However Im concerned we wont win that game....Denver? possibly and San Fran WE HAVE TO WIN....just ATTEMPT to be 3-2 after 5....you never know...If we had a REAL GUARD I would be more pumped...I hope 8-8 we have talent for 10-6 but if we play like we did last week in the 1st couple of games...then let the Andrew Luck derby begin....

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL Im not there yet I have to watch the real games for a couple of weeks....But If I see it I will submit my resume quickly.....LOL