• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Bengals2011 Schedule

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all about expectations. If a fanbase convinces themselves that they should win 12 games, then 7 or 8 is disappointing. I, myself, would rather go 3-13 than 8-8.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about expectations. If a fanbase convinces themselves that they should win 12 games, then 7 or 8 is disappointing. I, myself, would rather go 3-13 than 8-8.

Yeah, because you have to build through the draft.

It's not coincidence that the teams that do(Packers, Steelers, Patriots) are always in contention for the Super Bowl.

While the teams that always try to use a bunch of old crusty players to improve typically fail(Redskins).

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because you have to build through the draft.

It's not coincidence that the teams that do(Packers, Steelers, Patriots) are always in contention for the Super Bowl.

While the teams that always try to use a bunch of old crusty players to improve typically fail(Redskins).

I would replace the Packers with the Ravens but I agree.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The good teams draft well, even when picking late. The Bengals have missed on too many picks over the years.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would replace the Packers with the Ravens but I agree.

I'd just add the Ravens to the list

the Packers have drafted pretty much everyone on their team.

the Ravens attempted to sign recievers through free agency last year and that failed completely.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm interested to see what happens with the Ravens this season. Ngata is a beast, but Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are GOING to have a production drop at some point, and if it starts this year, what do they do? I don't know enough about their bench to know what they have behind those guys.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see what happens with the Ravens this season. Ngata is a beast, but Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are GOING to have a production drop at some point, and if it starts this year, what do they do? I don't know enough about their bench to know what they have behind those guys.

Ed Reed's backup is/was Tom Zbikowski who did pretty good stepping in for Ed Reed last year before getting injured himself

I'm not sure if Zbikowski resigned with the Ravens though.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the Ravens, but respect the way they build their team. I'm not a fan of what they have done this offseason though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no delusion that we were bad last year and very well may be this year. However, the fan in me with this schedule and the amount of talent we have has a hard time being completely pessimistic, making me an obvious homer I suppose. I can't give up on any season before it starts no matter how bleak it looks with the amount of parity in this league and the way injuries occur and how the luck of the oblong football bounces. Granted, we are usually on the wrong end of every category, but you never know..hope is a powerful thing. The church has made a killing off of "hope" for centuries.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Ravens, but respect the way they build their team. I'm not a fan of what they have done this offseason though.

yeah they didn't do a lot and it was mostly old crusty players they brought in.

apparently Bernard Pollard will be Ed Reed's backup this year, they haven't resigned Zbikowski yet.

who are you guys going with at safety??

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they didn't do a lot and it was mostly old crusty players they brought in.

apparently Bernard Pollard will be Ed Reed's backup this year, they haven't resigned Zbikowski yet.

who are you guys going with at safety??
It appears as if right now, our depth chart shows Crocker and Reggie Nelson.

I think Nelson will be decent, but if Sands or Miles can't beat our Crocker, we may struggle at safety a decent amount. Was really hoping Whitner was goign to sign here to help solidify that SS position.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately, thanks to the Whitner fiasco, we'll have Reggie Nelson and Chris Crocker back there. Nelson is average at best, but Crocker is terrible.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as if right now, our depth chart shows Crocker and Reggie Nelson.

I think Nelson will be decent, but if Sands or Miles can't beat our Crocker, we may struggle at safety a decent amount. Was really hoping Whitner was goign to sign here to help solidify that SS position.

Reggie Nelson??

ouch, that guy has been a bit of a bust in the NFL

I'm surprised you didn't bring Roy Williams back, he was pretty solid in your defensive scheme.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, thanks to the Whitner fiasco, we'll have Reggie Nelson and Chris Crocker back there. Nelson is average at best, but Crocker is terrible.

I've got a good depth of knowledge of NFL players and I have never heard of Crocker, that is a very bad thing, it means he sucks.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crash, there are definitely reasons for some optimism, primarily the schedule. I'm not with Kramer on the 0-16 at all. Rookie QBs just don't often make the playoffs. Benson was terrible last year. I'm not convinced that Juggs Smith can suddenly solidify the line. Geathers sucks. Our LBs are all new, and the safeties aren't good. Also, I like Clements, but he's a slight downgrade from Joseph.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Williams made some nice hits in the run game, but was a HUGE liability in coverage.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, there are definitely reasons for some optimism, primarily the schedule. I'm not with Kramer on the 0-16 at all. Rookie QBs just don't often make the playoffs. Benson was terrible last year. I'm not convinced that Juggs Smith can suddenly solidify the line. Geathers sucks. Our LBs are all new, and the safeties aren't good. Also, I like Clements, but he's a slight downgrade from Joseph.

yeah so far it looks like 5 or 6 wins

you don't want to win too many of the variable games because then you're picking in the middle of the draft.

you want to be at the top of next year's draft

because next year's draft is likely to be one where 7 of the top 10 turn out to be great players while the rest turn out to be mediocre.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams made some nice hits in the run game, but was a HUGE liability in coverage.

yeah, you guys should maybe go for Tom Zbikowski, he's the best safety left.

Unless you count Atari Bigby, but he's always injured.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you guys should maybe go for Tom Zbikowski, he's the best safety left.

Unless you count Atari Bigby, but he's always injured.

Crocker played for the Browns for a while, and with Cincinnati. He had a great half season a few years ago that earned him a 4 year contract, which was a waste once he got it.

Roy Williams may have been one of the worst safeties we have ever had to be honest, and we have had Tom Nelson and Tremaine Mack.

Regiie Nelson has been a bit of a bust in the league, but he was also in Jax where he bounced between safety and cornerback and from FS to SS, to nickle, to #1. He never got to focus on a position and at the end of last year in Zimmer's system, it looks like he was starting to regain that swagger he had coming out of college that earned him a higher #1 draft pick.