• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicagoland Speedway... The Chase Begins

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how any of the chase crap works anymore.

Which is mostly because I don't give a crap how it works anymore.

Screw the chase. I refuse to watch any chase race.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how any of the chase crap works anymore.

Which is mostly because I don't give a crap how it works anymore.

Screw the chase. I refuse to watch any chase race.

I would agree with you, but I'm going to the Charlotte race in about a month so I'm gonna probably watch that one. The rest of them not so much.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yalls loss. You may not like the system, but there are some good tracks in the Chase that generally produce good racing.

Talladega, Phoenix, Kansas, Homestead, Charlotte and Martinsville.

Just have to get through the snoozer that is New Hampshire next week to get to them.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas and Miami don't belong in the Sprint Cup series, much less the chase. I watch the interesting races, but I'm not going to be plastered to my tv when they run Cali, Vegas, Michigan, Kansas, Chicago, etc. The racing was better when they had more variety, like The Rock, N. Wilkesboro, 2 Darlingtons, etc. I'm old school and these new tracks just don't compare. I'll probably always keep up with it, because it's in my blood, but they have done a magnificent job in screwing up what was a great sport.

:2cents:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas and Miami don't belong in the Sprint Cup series, much less the chase. I watch the interesting races, but I'm not going to be plastered to my tv when they run Cali, Vegas, Michigan, Kansas, Chicago, etc. The racing was better when they had more variety, like The Rock, N. Wilkesboro, 2 Darlingtons, etc. I'm old school and these new tracks just don't compare. I'll probably always keep up with it, because it's in my blood, but they have done a magnificent job in screwing up what was a great sport.

I can agree with that. I like Kansas because Harvick typically does good there, won last season.

I barely remember North Wilkesboro.

I loved the Rock

And Darlington is far and away my favorite track.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you, but I'm going to the Charlotte race in about a month so I'm gonna probably watch that one. The rest of them not so much.

Traitor

Now our boycott is never going to work.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rock not having a date ranks right up there in the top5 of my grievances with nascar.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yalls loss. You may not like the system, but there are some good tracks in the Chase that generally produce good racing.

Talladega, Phoenix, Kansas, Homestead, Charlotte and Martinsville.

Just have to get through the snoozer that is New Hampshire next week to get to them.

Dega hasn't been exciting since Sr passed since Nascar seems to lack the ability to come up with a good area package without his input.

Phoenix is ok.

Kansas is boring.

Homestead is boring

Charlotte was better before there were 20 of them.

Martinsville is a classic. Probably the only race in your list that really has any pull.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
area should be "aero"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please walk up to Brian France's box and give him the finger.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was boycotting the ridiculous Chase and apparently I wasn't the only one. The rating for this race was a 2.3 nationally. The prior few races were around 3.1. That's a HUGE drop. And considering NASCAR races ratings have been down 10% to 15% all year, if I'm a NASCAR exec, that 2.3 rating should scare the shit out of me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR won't be able to compete with the NFL. I'm probably in the vast majority that watches the race over football.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was boycotting the ridiculous Chase and apparently I wasn't the only one. The rating for this race was a 2.3 nationally. The prior few races were around 3.1. That's a HUGE drop. And considering NASCAR races ratings have been down 10% to 15% all year, if I'm a NASCAR exec, that 2.3 rating should scare the shit out of me.

Not that it will ever happen but the schedule should definitely be shortened. In my opinion, the season should end around the end of September/early October after 30 races.

I really didn't see much of the race myself (had to work). But from the little bit I did see, it didn't look any more interesting than any of the other Chicagoland races I've seen. I still liked the old version of the Chase where it was only 10 guys in it and if you were outside of the top 10 at the end of the 2nd Richmond race, you have to wait til next year. Having 16 drivers is a bit too many.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR won't be able to compete with the NFL. I'm probably in the vast majority that watches the race over football.

I recorded it and watched it aerobically during commercial breaks in football.

Probably watched the race in 45 minutes.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it will ever happen but the schedule should definitely be shortened. In my opinion, the season should end around the end of September/early October after 30 races.

I really didn't see much of the race myself (had to work). But from the little bit I did see, it didn't look any more interesting than any of the other Chicagoland races I've seen. I still liked the old version of the Chase where it was only 10 guys in it and if you were outside of the top 10 at the end of the 2nd Richmond race, you have to wait til next year. Having 16 drivers is a bit too many.

I'll never support a shorter season for any sport I like. If I enjoy something, I definitely don't want it to end faster.

NASCAR has the shortest offseason of the sports I follow, I don't want the gap getting any longer.