• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cheese...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was are your favorites? Favorite to nosh by itself? With Beer/wine/booze? On top of pasta? On pizza(besides the obvious fresh/not fresh Mozzarella)? etc.....

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheddar (the sharper the better), asiago, romano, blue cheese, brie, queso blanco, and feta.

I REALLY like how you mentioned Romano!!! I'm a HUGE Pecorino Romano fan!!! In fact, I regularly use it over Parmesan(Which I like at times but not a huge fan)...People wonder why until they taste it, then they're usually instant converts...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add, I like to use Romano on pasta instead of Parm. Might be obvious to some, but maybe not to others... :suds:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of blue cheeses. The stankier the better. Stilton is one of my favorites. Also I am fan of Kasseri cheese which sort of resembles Asiago and parm with a hard rind. It can be sliced and added to sandwiches or whatever. Its is great melted. Its stringy like mozz but with more flavor that goes great with crackers or bread.

Reactions: 006

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add, I like to use Romano on pasta instead of Parm. Might be obvious to some, but maybe not to others... :suds:
I like to put it in meatballs and pastas mostly but it's good by itself with crackers too in my opinion.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Colby-Jack but it has to be a little soft, if it's harder it doesn't have the flavor, don't ask me why but that is true. I always check the various cheese over by squeezing them, if they're not soft I don't buy them. I like a medium brick cheese and also a medium to sharp cheddar too. I always put a little extra mozzarella on the pizzas I make too, and parmesan on spaghetti. Pepper Jack cheese is good to snack on too. Fuck I like cheese.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love a good aged white cheddar. The grocery store I shop at has their little fancy cheese section and most of it isn't that special, but they sell one little block of 2 year aged cheddar that I buy quite often. Some goat cheeses are really good too, and I love the trinity of asiago, romano, and parmesean. Basically the sharper the better for me. I love that umami flavor.

But I make a fantastic Brie en Croute too. I've done it with mushrooms and garlic or with pears and both are fantastic. I've had other people do it with all sorts of fruits or nuts and a couple that did it savory. Even had a baked brie with bacon before which was amazing. Not many cheeses I don't like, although I've never really gotten into blue cheese.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no order...

Real provolone
Aged White Cheddar
Feta
Romano
Pepperjack

For Pizza, a little Fontina mixed in with the mozeralla is amazing.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Colby-Jack but it has to be a little soft, if it's harder it doesn't have the flavor, don't ask me why but that is true. I always check the various cheese over by squeezing them, if they're not soft I don't buy them. I like a medium brick cheese and also a medium to sharp cheddar too. I always put a little extra mozzarella on the pizzas I make too, and parmesan on spaghetti. Pepper Jack cheese is good to snack on too. Fuck I like cheese.

This week I bought a chunk of Boars Head spicy Colby Jack. Pretty damn good, Some nice heat to it!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love a good aged white cheddar. The grocery store I shop at has their little fancy cheese section and most of it isn't that special, but they sell one little block of 2 year aged cheddar that I buy quite often. Some goat cheeses are really good too, and I love the trinity of asiago, romano, and parmesean. Basically the sharper the better for me. I love that umami flavor.

But I make a fantastic Brie en Croute too. I've done it with mushrooms and garlic or with pears and both are fantastic. I've had other people do it with all sorts of fruits or nuts and a couple that did it savory. Even had a baked brie with bacon before which was amazing. Not many cheeses I don't like, although I've never really gotten into blue cheese.

One job I had, for almost every single party I had to make a Brie en Croute, usually with a fresh apricot compote inside. People always went nuts for it...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Jack is my go to cheese in general.

Have you tried a spicy Colby Jack like I mentioned earier in the thread? do you like spicy? It was really tasty!!! I don't have much experience with Colby Jack, but I really liked it...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like pretty much any kind of cheese, including funky stuff. Bleu and Gorgonzola are two of my favorites because of their bite. I find brie kind of boring. Also really like super sharp cheddar, and any kind of smoked cheeses.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like pretty much any kind of cheese, including funky stuff. Bleu and Gorgonzola are two of my favorites because of their bite. I find brie kind of boring. Also really like super sharp cheddar, and any kind of smoked cheeses.

When I was a kid, my dad would take us to this steakhouse that had an AMAZING Gorgonzola salad. Its been about 30 years now and I still DREAM about that salad(and I'm NOT really a salad guy). Sadly the place is long gone and I'm not sure I'll ever quite be able be duplicate that flavor I remember...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong bleu cheeses and the likes have to be used properly. Too much or nothing to contrast and/or balance it, and it can taste like a pile of vomit to me.