• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Young To The 49ers

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, did ya'll get the better of this deal!

Early on, Young wasn't bad in SF, but over the last month and change, he has fallen off a cliff. The guy can't hold the edge against the run and he isn't a force in the pass rush either. Ferrell was getting the start over him at DE b/c he can stop the run well and Gregory has started to get more time over him as well.

Enjoy the 3rd rd pick. I hope it's the last pick in the round.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Early on, Young wasn't bad in SF, but over the last month and change, he has fallen off a cliff. The guy can't hold the edge against the run and he isn't a force in the pass rush either. Ferrell was getting the start over him at DE b/c he can stop the run well and Gregory has started to get more time over him as well.

He was a massive mistake for Rivera.
He will probably be out of the league in 2 years.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember thinking Young was going to be better than Sweat, but Sweat ended up changing the bears defense.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a massive mistake for Rivera.
He will probably be out of the league in 2 years.
It was the wrong pick, but it's the pick I think most non-QB-needy teams would've made. He was supposed to be the next great pass rusher.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is why I was not upset at the third round compensatory pick. The guy isn't worth a ham sandwich.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd round comp pick is looking better by the day.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chase Young will be fine, once he's on a team that knows his best position is at linebacker. If San Francisco keeps him and plays him in the same manner that Dallas utilizes Parsons, their defense will become more feared than it already is, albeit with a slightly slower version than Micah.
40 time
Young= 4.65
Parsons = 4.39

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Young will be fine, once he's on a team that knows his best position is at linebacker. If San Francisco keeps him and plays him in the same manner that Dallas utilizes Parsons, their defense will become more feared than it already is, albeit with a slightly slower version than Micah.
40 time
Young= 4.65
Parsons = 4.39
SF can't afford to keep Young at what he will likely demand on the open FA market. Though it's interesting to think how good he could be as a LB, particularly in a 3/4 alignment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase young would be a disaster in coverage . He lacks the work ethic to put the time in to learn the position . Out of 30 snap Chase will take 20 off that’s why you see the drop off in production

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase does not set the edge well now and I can't see that improving as 3-4 LBer. Agree with dad about pass coverage as well.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 time
Young= 4.65
Parsons = 4.39
Heh. There's an All Pro n JAG worth of difference between those times homey.

Edit
And Dad is right imo. Chase would be worse at LB than DE.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 time
Young= 4.65
Parsons = 4.39

Chase is a lazy bastard with no motor or work ethic…at least not football work ethic.