• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chargers Vs Broncos

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you like to really read way too much into what I type and never get out of it what I try to get across. Thursday games I go into them knowing that some weird things are going to happen. I understand that there will be moments where miscommunication happen and bad play happens. Both teams will experience this. It is why for me just getting a win on a Thursday game makes it a good game. Especially when you add in it usually means a win against a divisional opponent and 10 days to now prepare for your next game where your opponent most likely only had 7.

So really it comes down to perspective. If you expect the team to play perfectly every play then yes by your standards the Broncos haven't played well on Thursday games. If you go by my standards then they have done pretty well on Thursday night games.
Let's go back to the basics Cd....Randy says Denver hasn't performed well on Thursday games....Cd says I disagree. They have not played terrible...Randy says I didn't say terrible....Cd says sorry....Cd then says even if they were " ugly " at least we won.....Randy says doesn't perform well and ugly seem like same thing.....Cd says " stop misreading my responses . Color me stupid. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go back to the basics Cd....Randy says Denver hasn't performed well on Thursday games....Cd says I disagree. They have not played terrible...Randy says I didn't say terrible....Cd says sorry....Cd then says even if they were " ugly " at least we won.....Randy says doesn't perform well and ugly seem like same thing.....Cd says " stop misreading my responses . Color me stupid. :)

No what I am saying is our definition of ugly is different. You see some mistakes being made on a Thursday game and say "man that was an ugly win." I look at those and say "those are an expected part of a Thursday game with little prep time to prepare for your opponent."

I'm also of the notion that most NFL games are not blow outs. Most games have both teams have their moments but especially Thursday games they are just a bit unpredictable. So if we find a way to win with little time to prep especially like this one being on the road I don't view it as ugly but as a quality win that didn't come easy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what I am saying is our definition of ugly is different. You see some mistakes being made on a Thursday game and say "man that was an ugly win." I look at those and say "those are an expected part of a Thursday game with little prep time to prepare for your opponent."

I'm also of the notion that most NFL games are not blow outs. Most games have both teams have their moments but especially Thursday games they are just a bit unpredictable. So if we find a way to win with little time to prep especially like this one being on the road I don't view it as ugly but as a quality win that didn't come easy.
Ok

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. Where does blowout factor anywhere in this discussion ? Perform well/ disagree/ ugly. You've only disagreed to actually agree to my original reply. Thank you Cd. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whale vaginas

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

For the first time this season, I'm not scheduled to work when the Broncos are playing. Excited to watch the game. Let's see, last time I watched Denver? Oh yeah, we were curb stomping Newton in the SB. Good times. Hopefully our D is as accommodating to Phylis Rivers.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe McCoy is coaching for this job tonight. Wisenhunt waiting in wings. Does his team rise up to give him another week? I hate this motivation.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe McCoy is coaching for this job tonight. Wisenhunt waiting in wings. Does his team rise up to give him another week? I hate this motivation.

I doubt they want McCoy. He seems like an underwhelming leader and motivator. They will still be motivated, but only out of desperation due to their record.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has been terrible to start the game giving up a TD on the opening drive to every team except Indy who still managed a FG. If they do this again tonight against the #2 ranked offense , they could easily get down 10 or 14 points. If Denver wins the toss , take the ball and try to get ahead to begin with. Probably won't however. Either way I hope Denver starts out on offense tonight.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has been terrible to start the game giving up a TD on the opening drive to every team except Indy who still managed a FG. If they do this again tonight against the #2 ranked offense , they could easily get down 10 or 14 points. If Denver wins the toss , take the ball and try to get ahead to begin with. Probably won't however. Either way I hope Denver starts out on offense tonight.

Actually technically Tampa Bay did not score on their opening drive since we ended up with a nice interception. But they did drive down the field the very next drive and score. I have actually talked about this early this season that we don't have a run defense problem as much as we have a starting out games problem. If you take out the 1st drive (or first full drive by a team such as Tampa Bay) our run defense has been actually pretty good. Not as good as last year but still good. That 1st drive though of games teams are just gashing us as we try to figure out what they are doing against us. I don't know if this is a preparation issue where they can't play as aggressive at the beginning of the game wanting to feel how the opposition is going to play us or that they just take a bit to get settled into the game but they need to change something up at the very beginning to get these guys playing at the same level they are at the end of the game. Can't keep going into these holes early in games and expect to have the type of success we expect of this team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Siemian has been named the official starter tonight.

Some good match ups to watch tonight are Casey Hayward and DT. Right now Siemian has a QB Rating of 149.1 when throwing in the direction of DT. Hayward has actually been quietly having an outstanding year at the Corner position.

Then of course Joey Bosa vs. Okung/Stephenson. The Raiders have a pretty good OL so the fact that Bosa had his way with them is definitely something to watch. Now given they had very little film on him as all they could watch was his college tape. The more games he plays the more film these guys get of what he likes to do in certain situations.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually technically Tampa Bay did not score on their opening drive since we ended up with a nice interception. But they did drive down the field the very next drive and score. I have actually talked about this early this season that we don't have a run defense problem as much as we have a starting out games problem. If you take out the 1st drive (or first full drive by a team such as Tampa Bay) our run defense has been actually pretty good. Not as good as last year but still good. That 1st drive though of games teams are just gashing us as we try to figure out what they are doing against us. I don't know if this is a preparation issue where they can't play as aggressive at the beginning of the game wanting to feel how the opposition is going to play us or that they just take a bit to get settled into the game but they need to change something up at the very beginning to get these guys playing at the same level they are at the end of the game. Can't keep going into these holes early in games and expect to have the type of success we expect of this team.

You're right . Be nice if Denver can get out to a two score lead but for some reason I think SD will be the team up by 10 early. That is just how both teams roll.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right . Be nice if Denver can get out to a two score lead but for some reason I think SD will be the team up by 10 early. That is just how both teams roll.

True. The Broncos have shown they are a team that builds up as the game goes along. Which unfortunately for us as fans means not many games where we can relax by half time.

Another thing I did learn this week. AS much as people think Kubiak calls the entire game this is just not the case. Actually Dennison will usually call the first 3 quarters of the game. Kubiak likes to sit back and watch how a team is trying to play the Broncos then in the 4th quarter is when you see him take over and put in a few new wrinkles. Makes me a bit nervous that we won't see the same 4th quarter magic with Dennison calling the entire game.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Mike McCoy is that he no longer has a Tebow there to win the close ones for him.