• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Refugee Lakers Roll Call Thread!!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, this may be a bit off topic but it seems you guys know this area. Anyway, in '91 I was working graves at the Long Beach Navel Shipyard and almost every night we would cross the draw bridge and eat at this awesome place for breakfast. It was cheap and there was no way you could eat it all in one sitting. I think the name had Star in it............this has been bugging the shit out of me for a few years now (I kon't know why) but does that ring a bell with any of you guys? I tried google but no such luck.
Sam

huh, might've been the original Tommy's chiliburger. that ring any bells...?

CL67

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, thought the original Tommy's was downtown.............this place is right out of LB............Hawthorn maybe? Been awhile.............
Sam

there WAS one in Hawthorne. my wife also mentioned Fantastic Burger. lol, now you got ME scratching my head...

only other guess would be Carl's Jr....

CL67

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, this may be a bit off topic but it seems you guys know this area. Anyway, in '91 I was working graves at the Long Beach Navel Shipyard and almost every night we would cross the draw bridge and eat at this awesome place for breakfast. It was cheap and there was no way you could eat it all in one sitting. I think the name had Star in it............this has been bugging the shit out of me for a few years now (I kon't know why) but does that ring a bell with any of you guys? I tried google but no such luck.
Sam

What kind of food is/was it? Know the street?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of food is/was it? Know the street?
Lol.......so I looked at a map and as far as I can tell it was either in the south part of Long Beach or in Wilmington. It was like a mom and pops type place and seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere............open 24 hours. I just remember we would leave from the shipyard and go over a draw bridge but I don't remember if we went over the VTB..........food was pretty much anything you wanted but breakfast was huge! Steak and eggs, ham and eggs, you name it they had it. If I was guessing the street I would say Alameda or Anaheim...............
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Sportsboy. I never lived in LA but since you mentioned the menu, I'm like sitting here drooling like a Pavlovian pooch thinking about those menu items!! lol!!

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.......so I looked at a map and as far as I can tell it was either in the south part of Long Beach or in Wilmington. It was like a mom and pops type place and seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere............open 24 hours. I just remember we would leave from the shipyard and go over a draw bridge but I don't remember if we went over the VTB..........food was pretty much anything you wanted but breakfast was huge! Steak and eggs, ham and eggs, you name it they had it. If I was guessing the street I would say Alameda or Anaheim...............
Sam

Star Cafe on Anaheim is right there. Not sure if that's it, but . . .

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Cafe on Anaheim is right there. Not sure if that's it, but . . .
BRS, that's gotta be it! Man, next time I go visit moms I'm headed there. If you guys are ever in the neighborhood (probably won't be as it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere) you should try it. Keep in mind it's been a good 20 years but it was the shit! Thanks man.
Sam

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mighty, Mighty Boston Celtics Fan Here. Standing 6 foot 3 and maybe a quarter of an inch bigger than last year but still a unique figure. Two hundred pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. The whores bore me, hot bitches adore me. You're talking to The Man To Beat but ONLY The Man can beat me. The one, the only, the infinite, Skee-Town's finest, C-Rock the #1 stunner, numbers and gun runner. I submit to you, yours truly - Crotchrocker. Its you for whom the bell tolls. Ding, ding. Word.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRS, that's gotta be it! Man, next time I go visit moms I'm headed there. If you guys are ever in the neighborhood (probably won't be as it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere) you should try it. Keep in mind it's been a good 20 years but it was the shit! Thanks man.
Sam

just past Avalon on Anaheim street if it's the place I'M thinking about...

CL67

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

LOL sure am glad to hear that...

was gonna suggest staying away from any 11:00 news reports...:laugh3:

CL67

It is a nod to the upcoming season of Arrested Development which the wifey and I will marathon when it comes out on Netflix. AD is one of the funniest comedies ever. It is sort of a cult comedy as it didn't gain much traction when it originally aired.

Cougar44

Cougar44
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mighty, Mighty Boston Celtics Fan Here. Standing 6 foot 3 and maybe a quarter of an inch bigger than last year but still a unique figure. Two hundred pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. The whores bore me, hot bitches adore me. You're talking to The Man To Beat but ONLY The Man can beat me. The one, the only, the infinite, Skee-Town's finest, C-Rock the #1 stunner, numbers and gun runner. I submit to you, yours truly - Crotchrocker. Its you for whom the bell tolls. Ding, ding. Word.
Its ok Crotch..share the inner Loper pos. Im no doubt oldest Celtic fan..greetings Laker posters..looks like both our teams are in duck soup without a ladle. North Cal. ex logger , best days way behind me 6ft 2in 185 ding ding:suds:

Cougar44

Cougar44
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea: I can operate a tank, APC and command a 105 howitzer any one ready to race me cross country